Great Vaser Lipo Experience So Far - Tampa, FL

I had two children late in life (37 and 41) and...

I had two children late in life (37 and 41) and had some stomach flab that I could not get rid of.

I had vaser liposuction of the abdomen, love handles and inner thighs yesterday under local anesthesia. After reading about other experiences, I was worried about the pain, both during and after the procedure. My apprehension was completely unfounded. The procedure itself was a snap. It almost felt like getting a deep massage. There were a couple of times when I felt a bit of pinching in the inner thigh area but it was minimal and certainly tolerable. Getting my bikini lasered was worse.

Today, I am a teensy bit sore but nothing major. I've taken some Advil and am definitely not going to fill the prescription for the pain medication my doctor prescribed. It's completely unnecessary. I feel like going out for a walk and know I'll be back on my bike soon. (I love to cycle and usually ride 8-12 miles every morning.)

My doctor and his staff are AWESOME. They were very sweet and down to earth and immediately made me feel relaxed. They gave me Xanax and Vicodin prior to injecting the fluids, which I never felt going in. (People have mentioned discomfort with the tumescent fluid going in.)

I'm not sure what I look like under all this - the padded bandages and the horrendous compression garment but will say for now it's been worth it. I think the worst part of all this is going to be wearing the garment. (I live in FL and it's hot and humid here. Plus I don't like tight, constricting clothes.)

Will update.:-)

Tampa Plastic Surgeon

My procedure was yesterday so can't comment on the After Care Follow-up but no doubt it will be great.

You look great !!! I'd like to know how long the soreness lasted. I have heard about people complaining to be sore even after 6 months . How was it for you?
Hi there! I just got this procedure done today and had 1 liter removed. I was wondering if this was too little. How much did you have removed?
My thighs look great. I am really happy with them. (Before my vaser, they used to rub together when I walked, it was horrible.) I feel Dr Castor is very honest in explaining what he can and can't do. He did warn me that I might have some loose skin on my abdomen (and at that point, I said I was fine with that as I just wanted to look nice in clothes again. Now that I do though (look nice in clothes again with no lumps and bumps), I want my old pre-baby tummy back. The long and the short is that Dr. Castor will be able to best assess what is possible and decide what is the best course of action to achieve your desired result. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Yes - I am 43 and am looking at having my thighs done. I am worried about the sagging skin, but Dr. Castor has suggested a laser to compliment the vaser. He mentioned creating collagen growth, and I can't remember if it was the vaser lipo or the additional treatments he recommended that will provide the skin tightening.
I have absolutely no lumpiness but do have a bit of loose skin on my abdomen due to the fact that there was once an 8.4 oz baby in there. My tummy and hips look perfect in clothes though and I have returned to my pre-pregnancy size 2 figure. I think some people have a better result with skin tightening from the procedure than I did but I believe this is a somewhat individual result with some looking better than others. I am now 45 so I guess my skin doesn't have the same amount of elasticity as someone 15 years younger. I didn't want the scar from a tummy tuck so tried vaser on its own first but think I'll be seeing Dr. Castor again soon for a mini tummy tuck for the loose skin. Again this is not noticeable in clothes and I have regained my former self confidence, I just want to look great, not just good, in a bikini too. Hope this helps! :-)
PS I am MUCH smaller now than I was in those pics which were a few days post surgery. I would take some pics but I was recently hit by a car and have some pretty nasty bruising.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks I made an appointment with Dr Su. :)
Thank you Clearwater2924. I live in Clearwater Beach. Do you have any doctors within 50 miles of this area that you can recommend? I would love to consult with a few more. Thanks again :)
To answer vivianrichey, Vaser is a piece of equipment used during liposuction. The surgeons ability and skill at suctioning the fat and reshaping the body is pivotal in the outcome of the procedure, not the type of equipment used. Without the ability to sculpt well and have a good eye for proportion, then a liposuction procedure will likely fail - no matter what tools are used. Ask to see 20 -30 pictures of the doctors actual patients using the Hi Def technique. Try to find some that have your same body style. Look for signs to be sure the photos were not touched up.
Please , I would like to know the name of the doctor.
I work in this field and I have had liposuction myself. It concerns me that you have posted how great this is and you haven't even seen yourself without the bandages. Ladies and gentlemen, please do your research. I see 4 - 5 people a month in Tampa needing correction from liposuction they had done somewhere else. This is a permanent change. Ask to see MANY pictures of patient with your body type. Ask to speak to recent patients. Do your research...it is your body!
Hi, I just want to clarify that when I was expressing my experience concerning the procedure, it was with regard to the procedure itself which, for me, was not painful. I had no way of knowing what I looked like under the bandages and indicated this. I appreciate that a lot of people become disfigured when they jump into this without doing their homework and am grateful that you have pointed out that people considering this procedure need to do their homework. My bandages are off as I stopped draining 2 days ago and I have posted some pictures which I hope are helpful. There is quite a bit of bruising and swelling, however I anticipated this. I hopped onto my bicycle on Day 2 and rode 6 miles, Day 3 9 miles and Day 4 8 miles. I don't know if this is recommended. I am addicted to cycling but will tone it down if my doctor does not support this.
Hi I am thinking of Vaser Hi Def on my abdomen. Do you guys see a lot of people needing correction from this procedure as well? It was explained to me that Vaser was a lot less invasive and had better results.
Hi Friend,please update ,i need to hear more about you so i also will go ahead and do it,btw i am 51
I am so glad for you, I am 50 years old an due to my menopause I am gaining weight easily, I am planning to go for vaser lipo but I am afraid of the pain. Could you kindly please give your doctor's name.
Hi, My doctor's name is Dr. Stanley Castor. I found him to be very thorough, patient and kind. His staff are the same. I am very happy to have found this practice. I was a bit sore after the procedure but this improved each day and I was walking in my neighbourhood on Day 1 and back to daily cycling on Day 2. My procedure was performed on a Wed and I easily could have returned to work by the following
Monday. Good Luck!
Kitten44 you do look great but what did you look like before, I would like to see your before pics,I had my daughter late too (40)thats been 18 years ago I gained a lot of belly fat during menopause,I just had smart lipo 12 days ago and Im doing great had a wonderful dr in overland park ks I would recomend him to anyone in the area.
Hey there! I am considering Vaser Lipo with Dr. Stanley Castor. Would you recommend him for this procedure? Were you satisfied with your results?
Most definitely. Dr Castor and his staff are awesome. I will definitely use him again and am thrilled with my results.
Were you pleased with your results? I am worried about saggy skin and lumpy results.
Let me know what it looks like when the bandages come off.