Best Thing Ever...- Tampa, FL

I had Sculptra injections about 8 months ago and I...

I had Sculptra injections about 8 months ago and I think it's an amazing product. I have great genes and I look young to begin with but my cheeks were beginning to hollow and I wanted to do something that would last and be able to fill a larger area. I read through all of the brochures for products in my plastic surgeons office and found one for Sculptra and asked questions.

A nurse in the plastic surgeons office had Sculptra injections and I was impressed so I went for it. I did research online so I was informed. I cannot be happier with the results. I had 2 treatments to fill the hollows. They said that after the first one I would see immediate results then it would absorb a bit and I would have to come back for a second or third. I didn't see much absorbtion but I still needed the second treatment. It's made a huge difference in my face. I would highly recommend it.

As with everything else that is permanent or semi-permanent, really really research the doctor doing the injecting. If you do not, you will risk having lumps in your face that may have to be surgically removed. The product must be mixed in advance in order for it to be injected properly so make sure the doctor follows the directions. Make sure they follow the instructions to the letter and you will get amazing results. The cons.. you must have a skilled person injecting it or else you will have problems. I also think that if you are prone to problems with medical procedures or injectables, you may have a problem with Sculptra because it does last for an extremely long time.

How has it changed my life? It's changed it in a huge way! I know age is inevitable but to be able to look your best without looking like a plastic surgery freak show is important to me. I am able to look natural and youthful. No one believes I'm 51 years old. Genetically, I am blessed with long lasting youthfulness but injectables really make a difference. I also use some at home products to supplement the work by the doctor especially since I have a tight budget. The thing is.. in this economy we all need to look our best in a very natural way. Sculptra has been a very good investment for my hard earned dollars. The cost is based on how many times you need injections in one area. Larger areas need more so it's more expensive....

Hi, I am interested in Sculptra and live in Tampa too. Are you still happy with your results? You mentioned spending $1600. Was this for each treatment (you said you had 2) or was the cost for both treatments combined? Thanks!
I have an update.. I got more Sculptra on March 11 and had a pretty bad reaction. I had a lot of swelling. I have just found out that because I had a lot of dental surgery over the past few months. I would make sure that you choose a good plastic surgeon and that you don't have any dental work before or for about 2 months after.
Thank you so much for the update. I am so sorry that you've had a bad reaction. I wish there was more information about the dangers of mixing cosmetic procedures and something as "harmless" as dental work. I had breast aug recently, then went for my regular cleaning which caused a lot of gum bleeding. Believe it or not, that can jeopardise the breast implants as the bacteria stirred up in your mouth can get into your bloodstream and infect the implants (potentially causing capsular contracture). I was on anti-biotics for a week but wish I had waited to have my teeth cleaned. I hope you are feeling better.
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

He's the best.. I've had several procedures by this doctor and I cannot say enough about his skill and his bedside manner. He has only done what's best for me. I think he does the best breast implants I've ever seen too...