***POST OP PICS POSTED***Twin Mommy Ready to Bring Sexy Back! - Tampa, FL

Okay ladies...I was going to wait until I was 8...

Okay ladies...I was going to wait until I was 8 weeks out to start sharing this journey with you, but I'm starting a couple of weeks early. I'm so excited, nervous, terrified, that I cannot contain myself any longer.

A little about me. I'm a 34-year old African-American mother of 3 children,ages 7, and my twins will be 2 in October. I carried them full term, and they both weighed over 6 pounds when they were born. I'm so blessed that they both arrived totally healthy, but carrying them reaked havoc on my body.

I have severe diastasis as a result of my pregnancies, which in turn has caused severe neck and back problems, as well as digestive problems for the past two years. I basically don't have any core muscles at all, and I never realized how important my core muscles were until I didn't have any. Boo!

I decided to have my procedure done with Dr. Jamie Perez. From the moment I met him I knew he was the one for me. I'm having a full TT, BA, BL and Lipo of the flanks. Although, since my intitial consultation with him, I've decided to go larger on the implants, and I'm hoping that at pre-op I can talk him out of the lift. I really, really don't want the scarring and I'm worried about losing nipple sensitivity.

I've been wanting to do this since I delivered my 7 year old, but obviously needed to wait until I was done having children. My husband and friends have been extremely supportive. Mom, on the other hand, would rather me just wear a girdle the rest of my life...in Florida...NOT!

I can't tell you what looking like this over the past two years has done to my self esteem. I mean, I know I'm beautiful and everything, but my body is sooooo distorted now. I try to avoid the mirror whenever possible when I'm naked. I don't want the hubs to see me naked. I don't want to put on a swimsuit or lingerie. Nothing fits right anymore. The twins lift my shirt, see my belly, and say, "ouchie, Mommy," because of all the wrinkled, hanging skin I have on (what was) my stomach. I have to wear spanks or a girdle anytime I go out. SUCKS! I was a stay-at-home mom with the twins, but I actually decided to go back to work so that I could afford to do this for myself.

I'm excited to share this journey with you. This site has been AMAZING for me in my decision making process. I'd like to lose about 6-7 pounds before my procedure. So, I guess it's time to get serious about excercise and diet...after our vacation in a couple of weeks. ;-)

I'll post pics soon, after a couple of glasses of wine. I've been so busy hiding my body over that past few years that I don't know if I'll ever really get enough courage to post them. But I'll try...I promise.

I welcome your comments or questions. Thank you all for sharing this journey with me!

Hi all! I'm back from our family vacation, and...

Hi all! I'm back from our family vacation, and counting down the weeks until I kiss all of this gross skin goodbye! I'm posting pics today too. I've been very busy hiding my body for the past two years so this takes a LOT of courage. I guess this is a good way to document this experience though. My emotions are all over the place. The closer I get to surgery date, the more I second guess my decision. My biggest fear, other than not waking up from surgery, is that my tummy tuck scar will be too high and I'll look like I should've starred in one of the "Saw" movies. :-/ I'm also worried about going too large/small with my implants. I think I want to be a full D, but I get mixed responses when I say that to my friends. Some say, "that's too large," and some say "you'll look great." I may need to just stop talking about it with people because everyone says something different.

Anyway, it's time to take off these last 6-8 pounds. I'm low carbing it from here on out. I here it's a good idea to have a high protein diet anyway because it helps with muscle repair after surgery. So, until next time!

Soooooo, I didn't pass my EKG. SOOO bummed. I'm...

Soooooo, I didn't pass my EKG. SOOO bummed. I'm two weeks out from my procedure, and now this. My doctor has me on a heart monitor for the next 24-hours. They are thinking maybe I'm just really nervous and worked up. It would really suck to have to try to reschedule all of this. Everyone has scheduled off of work to help out, we already purchased a family members airline ticket to come help for 2 weeks, it's the best time of year for me to get off of work. I'm so, so frustrated. Well, I guess now all I can do is try to relax.

LADIES!!! I am SO happy to announce that I have...

LADIES!!! I am SO happy to announce that I have been cleared for surgery!! My heart looks great and blood work is good! Thank you all so much for your prayers and good thoughts! December 3rd can't get here fast enough! Sooooo excited! 300 to 325 CCs, silicone. Whoop Whoop!

Ordered my compression sports bra today. Under...

Ordered my compression sports bra today. Under Armour Endure (zips in the front). Went to 3 stores and couldn't find it, and they were out of my size on Amazon. So I ordered it direct, and paid $25 to get it here before Monday. I can't really think about anything else but surgery on Monday. I still have so much to do to get the house in order before Sunday. My husband's aunt gets in Sunday afternoon. She raised twins of her own, so I won't be worried about mine at all. She came down several times when they were first born...great help.

I'll be off from work for 2.5 weeks. PS says that is perfect. Christmas is the week after I go back, so I'll have a couple more days off then. I was reading through my pre-op paperwork, and I have to be at the surgery center at 7a.m. I just got a Shellack manicure last week, and the paperwork says no nail polish, so I guess that's coming off this weekend. I'm also trying to come down with something yucky. My GP prescribed a z-pack for "just in case," as well as Nasonex, but said not to take anything before I talk to PS, and his office manager didn't call me back today. That's why I'm up at 2am...I can't sleep because I can't breathe.

I really hope that 300cc's will be big enough. PS swears that with all of my breast tissue, it'll put me at a D, and that's really what I'm aiming for. I'm going to upload a picture of me from a couple of weeks ago. I was doing my friend's daughter's hair and makeup for homecoming. Look at my belly! UGH! This is such a great way to log this experience. Bye, bye kangaroo pouch!

I'm 2 weeks and 2 days post op. Still very...

I'm 2 weeks and 2 days post op. Still very swollen, bruised and sore, not to mention I have the flu. But I'm feeling strong and stronger everyday.
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

My experience with Dr. Perez and his staff has been outstanding from start to finish. His bedside manner is INCREDIBLE. And he is truly an artist. I'd highly recommend him to anyone.