I'm Extremely Excited About my Upcoming Surgery on January 14th 2013! - Tampa, FL

I had met Dr Soler and his staff about 3 months...

I had met Dr Soler and his staff about 3 months ago to discuss cosmetic surgery. I have had this extra fat around my stomach since I can remember. I had my consultation for a possible tummy tuck but after speaking to Dr Soler he told me of the reasons I shouldn't go that route at this time but instead get lipo first. After the consultation I felt good about the decision to get lipo. I got the feeling from him and his staff that they wanted what was best for me and my body.

Tomorrow, January 8th, I'm having my preop. Im less than one week away from my surgery.

I have read many of your stories on here and mentally I'm ready for my journey to begin.

I will update after my appointment tomorrow.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Yesterday was my pre op with Dr Soler. I was...

Yesterday was my pre op with Dr Soler. I was actually nervous before the appointment as I have never had surgery before. I had my before pictures taken at the office. I'm going to take some of my own as well to track my progress and everyone here can see.
Dr Soler went over what to expect before surgery and after I wake up. I know I will be in some discomfort but walking is very important so I won't form blood clots in my leg. I am already planning on walking to the fruit stand near my house and taking a walk at the mall as well when I'm recovering. He also told me as far as driving and returning to work depends on my body. I'm blessed to have a job that is extremely flexible with me and my return.
I met with Ruth, she is such a great help, and we went over the garment that I would be wearing. I tried one on and I'm happy I will be sleeping while they get it on me lol. It's more of a full body one but from what other people say its more comfortable than the others.
Today marks 5 days until my surgery! I have a few more things to do to get myself ready at home for me to be comfortable. I'm going to cook meals for myself so I won't need to cook while I'm laying down all day. I pray that the recovery is quick but if not at least I will be prepared.
I will try to update before my surgery as things come up.

Super excited!!!!

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

Good luck with your surgery, I hope everything goes well for you, which I'm sure it will! Please do come back and let us know how everything is progressing and how you got on.

I just received awesome news! I asked about...

I just received awesome news! I asked about recording my surgery and today it was approved! Ruth made this happen and I am so thankful that its going to be something I can watch and of course anyone else can watch as well. I will of course link it here when it's available. Oh I received my before pics from the office and I will upload them as well.
3 days left and I'm super excited!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I had my surgery today. The doctor did lipo on my...

I had my surgery today. The doctor did lipo on my upper and lower abs and my flanks.
I went in around 7:45am. I got up real early so I wouldn't be late to my friends house, whom I'm staying with, and also did some last min things including packing.
I didn't realize I had to pee in a cup for them, I had to have fluids so I could go again. It took about 30 min or so before I could. Dr Soler came and asked how I was feeling and went over a few things with me. I can't remember what they were, lol. He drew on me and while he did that it tickled me. It was hard not to laugh.
Not long after that I went into the operating room and the nurse had me get on the bed after wiping my areas with , ummm with something , and after laying there for a min I passed out. The surgery began around 9:30am and ended around 11am.
I woke up in the recovery room and I just left the operating room min prior. I had never been put to sleep so I wasn't sure how long it would take me to wake up. I was surprised I was up so early. I was told my arms moved and I hiccuped during surgery lol.
I did have it recorded, thanks to Ruth, so a YouTube video will soon be up.
I took a nap and I'm sleepy so I will be taking another nap soon.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Tuesday, January 15th, I took a shower. I also...

Tuesday, January 15th, I took a shower. I also took some pictures to see what I looked like with out the garment. I am happy with the results so far, I know I'm swollen and it will go down. I see where the skin will be sagging but I already knew that was going to happen since I had 4 litters taken out. You can tell the biggest difference by looking at my upper abs. I used to have this bulge and now I have this indention below my chest.. I LOVE IT! The only bruising as you can see from my pics are from one side and lower half, which you cant see because of my extra skin.
The hardest part so far was getting into the garment after my shower. Today I have only taken one paid med and the pain is tolerable. I am not on my feet that much as told so that helps. I am going to go home tomorrow and I believe I can take care of myself. I have been eating ok, no nausea what so ever since leaving the outpatient surgery center.
Many people have said their backs are bent forward when they walk... well I have been in a recliner since leaving the surgery center and I am able to walk straight up and not worry about that.

Glad your surgery went well. Can't wait to see pics. Were you scared any?
I wasn't scared at all believe it or not. I was so excited about it. I don't like sleeping here and there because of the pain med but it's well worth it. The office has been great with me and I'm truly blessed to have had them do this surgery.
Glad you had a positive experience. I am scheduled for next Saturday. Super nervous. Really great to hear other's experience. Go get some rest and post some pics when you're feeling up to it.

I came home yesterday, jan 17th from my friends...

I came home yesterday, jan 17th from my friends house. I was sleeping in a recliner and I must say its much easier to get in and out of than my bed.
After leaving her house I did a small trip to the grocery store and after I settled I took a pain med and I fel great. I didn't hurt more or less. It was a challenge at first to get in and out of the car at first, I have a mid size SUV and its not that high but high enough.
After my shower last night I decided to try on a pair of jeans that showed my roll and what a huge difference! I know I have the compression garment on and I'm swollen but I'm soo happy that I went through it and would do it all over again! Today I tried on a top I never worn because of the extra fat and it brought a year to my eyes. I could actual say I was pretty.
I want to thank everyone for the prayers and I want those of you that are going to go through your surgery to let you know it's well worth it and ill be thinking and praying for your speedy recovery.

You look so good! Congrats on your amazing results!
WOW! You look amazing. I'm so happy that you have these great results already! Prayers that it continues to stay easy! Keep us posted!
Hey Trisha. How are you healing? Any new pics?
Tampa Plastic Surgeon

I choose Dr Soler because I had heard many good things about him and his office. He cares about his patients and it shows. My pre op was when I knew I wanted him to preform my surgery.