Partly to Motivate Myself to Get Back into Gear! - Tampa, FL

5'2" 128lbs Moderately active with walking,...

5'2" 128lbs Moderately active with walking, stairmaster, weight lifting through machines, yoga. 41, 2 kids, metabolism slowed considerably at age 38, as I had been 118lbs from age 35-38, but added a good bit in the last couple of years. Drink at least 1 glass of wine daily, which likely the largest contributory factor to my weight gain.

12-1-12 I had the lower abdominal with the large pad. I am somewhat small - with a good deal of fat, so the machine was able to pull in my lower ab, and much of the fat above it, slightly above my belly button. The procedure was uncomfortable, as many here have already described. Within 10 minutes, I could finally catch my breath and there was no pain. My fat, as the machine was pulled off, really looked gross, like a big pile of butter. The 20 minutes after the procedure was the worst for me - I felt nauseated and dizzy, but it subsided with time, water, and diet coke. By the time I drove home, I barely felt as though I had a procedure.

Week 1:
Throughout the week (first 5 days), I had no pain at all. My belly was swollen, but it didn't look that much worse than normal. I felt really motivated to eat well, low calories, and I walked and stretched every day. I lost 1-2 lbs! At Saturday night party, many commented about how I had lost weight -- but perhaps it was just my outfit, as it was flattering ...

Week 2:
Starting at Day 6, I started to have some of the experiences of the other folks on this site, with some itching, discomfort, and light pain. I can sleep just fine, and in fact, I can sleep great on my stomach. I am taking tylenol, applying an ice pack when sitting, and wrapping my belly with an ace bandage to maintain compression. These actions are making it tolerable, but it is not comfortable at all! I am hoping this passes soon. I am not having any of the shooting pains, but I typically handle pain well (having had 2 c-sections with quick healing, though great pain Rx!).

From Day 6 through roughly Day 12/13 (which got me...

From Day 6 through roughly Day 12/13 (which got me to New Year's Eve and 1/1/2013), I definitely experienced discomfort, and the worst peaked around Day 8/9, during which I was extremely uncomfortable. I took tylenol and kept the ice pack on my lower abdomen constantly -- and I felt the most relief when I wrapped an ace bandage around my tummy. I spoke with the office -- the nurse believed my pain would soon subside, and she was correct. On 1/1/2013, out all day at a football bowl game, I barely noticed any discomfort (but mimosas helped a lot), and from then on, any discomfort was minimal. I feel completely normal today, 1/13/13.

Now at 3 weeks and 4 days, I'll address my results...

Now at 3 weeks and 4 days, I'll address my results.....I absolutely am seeing a reduction in my belly! It is especially significant because I have not been working out or dieting (due to the holidays). I have not overindulged, but I hadn't cut back, yet I have been able to get into my size 8 pants again, and my belly is flatter. Given the success, I will be returning to the office to have my flanks done, and upper abdomen too, this upcoming Wed. And I am starting back at yoga, weights, and stairmaster -- and higher protein and veggie diet, decreasing booze, starting tomorrow. I have maintained walking (because I have a dog), but I had not yet been truly diligent. I am excited about my upcoming week!

The office took photos, and I will have photos done again on Wed before the other procedures, but I am unsure whether I will post them, as I am a bit uncomfortable putting pics on the internet .... but I will contemplate it. :-)
Academic Alliance of Dermatology

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hopefully your discomfort will pass soon, has your doctor mentioned how long this may last?

The nurses explained that everyone is completely different, but that for most folks, the pain would be gone between 7 - 12 days. My discomfort was the worst on days 8 and 9 -- so I slept a lot those days -- but by day 10, it was significant better. Tell everyone on your site, it gets better quickly!! Hold on -- it will get better and will be worth it!!

Thanks for the updates, I'm glad you're starting to feel better and see results. From the reviews I've read, pain differs significantly depending on the individual and the area that has been treated.

Hopefully your results will continue to improve, especially with the changes you're making to your diet and exercise regime.