42 Years Old and Mother of 2 (Size 34 DDD). I'm Excited and Nervous About my Upcoming Breast Reduction Surgery Aug 20th. - FL

I'm excited and nervous about my upcoming breast...

I'm excited and nervous about my upcoming breast reduction surgery Aug 20th. I have been trying to stay busy to keep my mind off the surgery, but I cannot contain my anxiety. It's the unknown and anticipation of how much pain/discomfort I will be in and what the final result will look like. With all that said I'm looking forward to my new perky breast! Not to mention going shopping for new bras and bathing suits! Or no bra at all!!! :)

Tomorrow is the big day! My Breast reduction surgery is scheduled at 7:45 am.

I wanted to thank everyone for their support and kind words! I will post again tomorrow with some pic's ASAP.... :)

24 hours after BR

I can't believe how good I feel with everything. I'm a little sore and tired but overall feeling great. Thank you everyone for your support!!

5 day post op feeling great!

I'm so glad I decided to have a BR. I'm feeling great today! I'm moving around very well doing light work around the house and I even went grocery shopping. I just listen to my body and rest on my back as needed.
Abraham Marcadis

So excited things are going so well!
Congrats!!!
We are close to the same size, I'm wondering if you tried to get insurance to cover it and how much did your PS remove? Looks great!
Thank you! No, I didn't get insurance to cover my BR. I'm not sure how much my PS removed but if I had to guess about 400. I think my new bra size is a full C or small D.
Life is good, isn't it? :)
Congrats!!! Enjoy the new you! (:
Yay! You did it! Welcome to our itty bitty titty club! :)
Congrats! You did it!
Congratulations!!! Keep us posted.
congratulations, hope you have a normal, natural recovery.
Take care of yourself and you'll be fine. So glad your pain is minimal.
I had a TT and breast lift without implants on Dec. 26th. I was also a 34DDD and looked forward to buying cuter bras than what I've been able to find in that size. It's crazy. .. but I stayed the same size! ! I've gotta say though, I love love love my per kieran boobs. Super natural looking, barely visible scars and just so gloriously high and perky. I used to compare my boobs to empty socks with rocks in them, but now they look like they were sculpted by Michaelangelo :) Good luck with your recovery, I'll be anxious to hear if you stay the sane size or not.
Who was your Dr.?
I wish you a healthy and speedy recovery.
Hoping all went well and your pain is minimal. Can't wait to hear from you.
Thank you so much!! :)
GOOD LUCK today!!! Yay! I agree w spiritualblond trust ur body and ur PS. Looking forward for ur story n pics (:
Thanks Cree. You seem to be doing very well yourself post op. Keep it up.
Good luck today. You are probably on your way to the hospital. Mine was an early start. From reading RSelf comments, recovery speed is so different for everyone. Best is to trust your body & your PS's advice while drawing guidance from this amazing community. Thinking of you & speedy recovery
I had no problem at all and had my surgery on Monday, August 8. I went back to the surgeon the next day. I felt fine and he told me if I felt like driving and not on pain meds, I could certainly drive. I worked 8 hours at my office on Thursday and Friday, and I feel fine. Just trying to be patient with the swelling, but I can already see a change in the way my clothes fit. Good luck tomorrow!
Good luck! Wishing you all the best and will be following your progress. I'm going for my br on September 10th so will be poring over every word and piece of advice. :)
Good luck, your life is about to change. Looking forward for your new review.
Best of luck! See you on the side of little boobies and cute bras! It will be over before you know it.
Best of Luck tomorrow!!! I am having my surgery September 8th and counting down the days. I am so nervous. I am 49 years old with three children. I am a DD to DDD. My post-op appointment is not until September 3rd. Did you need to have any tests done before surgery or any blood work? The office never said anything about it.
Thank you! I feel the same way....I can't believe my surgery is tomorrow morning!! The only blood test for me was a finger prick at my pre op to check my irons level and I also needed a recent mammogram. Best of luck as well!