My Facelift Fell Before my Stiches Even Healed. - Tampa, FL

Wanted to get rid of jowls, define jaw line and...

Wanted to get rid of jowls, define jaw line and remove excess folds from neck. I can't really make a statement about my procedure because I'm still in the healing stage but I'm already disappointed about my descending jowls. The surgery itself wasn't bad but the recovery was more pain than I expected.

I'm not happy with my results but it's too soon to give a negative review about my Dr. I suspect something didn't go well as I know my jowls are not going to disappear. My Dr. was caring and attentive but at this point I can't say that I would recommend him.

I would not recommend my Dr. I went thru a lot of...

I would not recommend my Dr. I went thru a lot of pain & money & basically still look the same. In fact my cheeks look worse. I think he removed the fat from my cheeks instead of my jowls. They have a sunken in look and now I have to try to get them fixed with a filler or fat transplants. Only go to a BC plastic surgeon with good references and if possible try to meet with a few of his past pts and make sure they are one yr. post op. The pic's they show right after surgery usually look good because of swelling. It's not how you will end up looking after it's healed.

It's been almost 10 mo's and no improvement here....

It's been almost 10 mo's and no improvement here. The only difference is my cheeks have sunken in even worse than before and now I need some kind of filler or fat transfer so I don't look like the screamer. Today was a good day because I got half my money back but had to sign a discloser that I could not reveal his name. The money won't even cover the cost of fat transfer so I'm still underwater. I would like to warn others so I'll just say make sure you see a BC PS! Not just someone who says they have experience with doing lots of facelifts.

I'm not allowed to mention his name or practice. Please make sure you see a B.C. PS.

It's been a year and 5 mo's and I definitely need a re-do. I did get a portion of my money back and signed a waiver so I'm not allowed to mention his name. I can say he practices in Tampa and has a lot of advertising about how quick and ez his fl is. He also has a great bedside manner and will take time to answer all your questions. He will make you think you are in good hands and that he is well qualified. Look up the Dr. you are thinking of having the surgery with and make sure he is B.C, in plastic surgery! He is not.
Thank You, NHaven !!!
Thanks NHaven I guess I really do need to just give it more time and see how things go .. I was real depressed and thought oh my goodness I have been through all this pain and wasted that kind of money and still look the same ... I have a appointment Wednesday I am going to let my PS know how I feel and see what he thinks.
hang in there girl!
Don't know how that last post happened. I never said my re-do turned out well. I didn't have a re-do. Decided to ask for a refund of my money, my cheeks are very sunken in and need some kind of filler and I have lost confidence in him.
I am very unhappy with my facelift, fat graft and browlift. I am only 3 weeks out but I don't see much improvement in my face if any I think what little I'm seeing is the fact I still swollen. I'm thinking about asking for at least half my money back I know I don't have any confidence in my DR.
My ps redid my facelift. At first it seemed a lot better (at least tighter), but after nearly 4 months the outcome looks similar to the original lift that he did at this same time frame. I have an appointment with another ps who only does faces. I just need an opinion on what went wrong. I never in a million years thought about a SMAS lift not working. Money back seems great (as if that would ever happen), but don't tick him off just yet. Take photos every few days in the same front and side poses to document.
Three weeks is not even close to enough time to judge your facelift outcome. I'm almost at 8 months and am still seeing slight changes/improvement. I, too, thought there was no difference after the surgery, though my husband and the one friend who knew, told me there was. After all this time, not one person I know has said to me "Oh, you had a face lift!." I know that's a good thing - I would hate it if everyone who saw me could tell! So I hear things like I look good, my hair is cute, my makeup looks nice, but never "YOU HAD A FACELIFT"! My PS told me he would be very disappointed in his work if anyone ever noticed I had a FL, and said a great facelift is one that only YOU notice. (Recently heard the PS on 'The Doctors' say the same thing.) I still have slight swelling along the jaw line, and numbness on the sides of my face and my right ear, but it seems to be lessening slowly. Anyway, hang in there and give it months, not weeks, before you judge the results. It will heal slowly, and the swelling takes time to subside so you can start to notice results. Keep us updated!
Thanks for your reply Irfred1, I was sure disappointed.It sure helped to hear from someone whom has been there...
I'm really happy to hear that your re-do turned out well. I haven't mentioned my Drs.name because he treated me so nice & said he would do my face if necessary. I wasn't planning on a re-do and the initial one was very painful. I'm not sure that I'd want to have him re-do my surgery but on the other hand I don't have the money to go to another Dr.
Just went back to the same Dr. and he compared my before & after pic's. It's been 8 mo's and my jowls look exactly the same. I'm hoping to get my money refunded. My cheeks are much more sunken in then before, I have webbing behind my ears, my ears are pointing downward, and have indentations along my jawline. If I don't get a refund I will reveal his name. It's not like blackmail, I'm just telling the truth. I want to warn others but for now I'll just say stay away from all the quick lift Drs. in the Tampa Bay Area.
Did you get your refund? I too had surgery done in Tampa & was disappointed in the surgery. Can you e me his name privatly?
Did you have to sign a non-disclosure document before surgery? If so, be careful disclosing his name on a public forum. These docs hire people to scan sites. Maybe your problem, like mine, was inadequate undermining of the lower face and neck. My same ps redid my lift even though I was a little afraid to go back, and he did a much better job. I'm so happy I took another chance and didn't live with so much disappointment. I think some docs are too conservative because people complain of a too tight look.
Yes but it was a lot more painful then I was told it would be and after 3 mo's I still have numbness. I think I need to wait almost a year to have it corrected and the money I saved is gone so that's also an issue. On the bright side, I don't look any worse than before my surgery. I have read horror stories about bad face lifts so I'm thankful for that.
I had a similar result (or lack of result!) After reading enough posts on this site and responses from other PS I think my doctor gave me more of a mini-lift without adequate undermining of the jaw and neck. After 4 months my PS redid the surgery (I showed pre and post pictures to him and he agreed there was no change) and this time he did a great job. He was too conservative the first time and that may have happened to you. In fact, despite the second full-lift being more comprehensive, it actually hurt less because the tissue was better suspended. Good luck to you!

I'm so sorry to hear you didn't get the results you were expecting. :( Are you planning on having it redone?

Has their been any improvement in your face lift? It does take time to see true results - hope you are improving daily and seeing the results you want. Please give an update.
No, things have only gotten worse. I have skin folds and puckers under my chin where he made an incision. My jowls are still droopy, the back of my ears have lumpy skin that's not healing correctly and my earlobes have a stretched down pointed look. I would not recommend this Dr. I have seen another plastic surgeon who said I need it re-done. The Dr. who performed the surgery said he would re-do it but I have lost confidence in him. Do not go for the advertised easy surgery, it will only cost you more in the long run.
I'm sorry to hear this - please make sure you get it fixed by another surgeon....this is an "iffy" surgery, not so easy as people think. I wish you the best, and please keep us updated!