Finally flat in Syracuse, NY

This site has been a huge help to me. I am a 42...

This site has been a huge help to me. I am a 42 year old woman, 5'10" and 155 lbs. I weighed about 175 in high school, and gained more weight in college, eventually getting up to 198 at my highest. I was one of those people who really didn't know how big they were. At about age 23, I woke up and realized that I needed to do something about my weight. I got down into the 150s, but my belly was stubborn, and no amount of exercise or diet affected it.

I had lipo to my lower abs (at the PS's recommendation). I thought that I needed all of my abdominal area done. It looked better than before, but my upper abs now looked big. I continued to diet and exercise, but nothing really touched my upper abs. I had lipo to my upper abs in 2009. While it looked better, I now had some excess skin that really bothered me. This year, I decided that I needed to finally do something about it.

I did a lot of research online (RealSelf was very helpful). I had a consultation with a PS at the end of January, and decided it was something I wanted to do, and probably should have done in 2009, rather than just lipo. I was able to get the opening that they had in February, otherwise I would have had to wait until the end of March. I had a TT with lipo of the abs and flanks yesterday. The surgery part took about 2 1/2 hours. I woke up very groggy and in some moderate pain, with a little nausea. They said that I couldn't leave until I urinated. I tried and tried, but eventually ended up having to be catheritized, which wasn't as unpleasant as I had expected.

My bf has been wonderful with helping me during the recovery. I have some tightness in my abs, and have to walk bent over to keep the stitches intact. I have been taking the Oxycodone every 4-5 hours so that I prevent pain before it occurs. I'd rather not get to the point where it hurts terribly. I also have a pain pump, which my PS said is for the muscular pain, and that it would run for 4 days, at which point I just pull it out. Haven't had much of an appetite. I was a little nauseous after eating some applesauce, so my bf brought me an anti-nausea pill, and then I threw up a very small amount. That hurt quite a bit.

I have a drain which we have been emptying every 4 hours. I haven't seen the surgical area yet, so I can't comment on the outcome of the surgery just yet. I will have to let you all know when I do. I will post pictures then as well. My PS was very calming, and explained the procedure once again, making sure that I didn't have any further questions. The nurses were great, and gave me time after the surgery to get to the point where I was comfortable to leave.

Happy and healthy healing!!
You look good even before...but you are going to look WONDERFUL now!!!! Congrats lady!!!

I am planning on posting pictures as much as I can...

I am planning on posting pictures as much as I can :) So far, the whole process has been better than anticipated.
Just got a breast reduction and now my stomach looks horrible......getting a consult in a few weeks with my PS for a tummy tuck.....I live in syracuse and have a great dr....I am a server and my job is very physically demanding....honestly how long do u think I could be out of work. Want to schedule surgury and need to know how many weeks I should take off...
Honestly if you can, take 2 weeks off, especially since you have an active job. You will walk hunched over for at least 4 days and even after a week you won't have the energy to do much. It is major surgery. Plus, the longer you can follow the dr's instructions to rest, the better your result will be.
You look really good that sucks about your BB, it looks nice though the shape and all!
Syracuse Plastic Surgeon

The entire office at DeRoberts PS were wonderful. My initial consultation with the PS was about 45 minutes.