Depigmentation Results After 2 Months - Sydney, Australia

I'm pregnant and being that I have had no...

I'm pregnant and being that I have had no treatment options for depigmentation other than microdermabrasion and light peels I thought I would share my findings.

Results are good, and the mask is definitely fading. The pic below is after 8 treatments (micro alternating with peel). Also started using AHA products at home along with ascorbic acid ( Vit C) and lots 'o sunscreen.

I plan on getting fraxel for the stubborn patches as soon as bub is due, but thought I would share my pleasant surprise that the microderms are working. My skin is a heck of a lot smoother too and I feel like... can it be... my fine lines are softening.

Have to also admit that I went on a sunny vaca for a week sans sunscreen which may have hindered my progress some.

Mimi's Beauty Salon, Cremorne Australia

She is up to date on her information and has fine-tuned my regime to get the most results out of it. She's reasonably priced and doesn't oversell. She's concerned for her customer's overall wellness, and when you are feeling glum about the way you look, sometimes having someone like that is just what you need.

First of all a heartiest congratulation for the baby. The process of microdermabrasion, is famous for smoothing the process and people are tend to get attracted towards it as it safe, economical and highly effective without any side effects.
Wow, you look fabulous! What brand of cleanser and vitamin C did you use?
There are different opinions on whether this can be done if you are pregnant, but the majority say it's okay as far as I could find. I obviously didn't go anywhere near Vitamin A or retinoid products, but when researching the chemicals/procedures involved in microdermabrasion, there were no adverse reactions documented that I could find. As well, my dermatologist said it was okay for me to get them so that is what I based my decision on.

Microderms don't hurt a bit, peels are an extremely light stinging sensation that lasts a total of 30 seconds.

Home regime that I found is a safe approach while pregnant: Vitamin C , both orally and topically on the mask. Also washing with AHA based light exfoliaters more more than 3 times a week. Sunscreen is the biggest and most important. So typically my AM routine is:

AM
1. AHA exfoliater or (on alt days) a light cleanser. I use Ultraceuticals for this.
2. Moisturizer ( I prefer La Biostetique products).
3. 30SPF sunscreen - neutragena is light and oil free.

PM
1. Light cleanser
2. Vitamin C ( you can find this in many over the counter cosmeceuticals)
3. Moisturizer

Will wait for 3 months post-baby to see natural fading and assess what next steps I'm going to take if needed.

Wow kazza,

That is some really GREAT information, and will be so useful for the community. Thanks so much!

-Britt

Hi kazza,

Welcome to the Microdermabrasion community! Congrats on the new baby, how exciting!! I didn't know you could have this procedure done when pregnant. Your review is great for the pregnant members of our community who too are dealing with the mask. Your info about what you did in addition to the procedure will be really useful too. Did your procedure hurt at all? Thanks for the pictures and please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt