3 weeks post fraxel - concerned - Sydney, Australia

Hello Please do not respond to this post with...

Hello

Please do not respond to this post with nightmare stories. I have read them all on this website. I will not use fraxel again but I do need some advice please.

I am 3 weeks post fraxel and very concerned

I would like someone to please write to me if you had these issues and they improved. Please tell me what you did to improve them

I have had 1 treatment

I had fraxel for melasma on my cheekbones but had my whole face done with fraxel

NEW PIGMENT
I had no pigmentation on my chin but now I have pigmentation on my chin on both sides of my mouth.

Q1/ How long should I wait before using another type of therapy to remove the pigment? I am considering revlight therapy or alexandria laser

RED SPIDER VEINS/BROKEN CAPS/BLUE VEINS
I have red spider veins and broken capillaries nad other blue veins all over my face now. They were not there pre-fraxel.

Q2/ How long should I wait before using another type of therapy to remove the red veins and broken caps. I am considering the gemini laser.

DEEP MARIONETTE LINES/JOWLS
I always had lovely tight skin and marionette lines only when I smiled.
3 weeks post fraxel I now have deep marionette lines 24/7 and very chubby cheeks. They look droopy and my face looks fat.

Q3/ Will this go back to normal at some point in the future? Is this just water retention during the healing phase? Am I still healing and therefore at some point the chubby fat droopy cheek look will go back to normal?

PORE SIZE
My pores were never a concern for me now they are quite big and skin is very dry. When I wear make up, the foundation sits in my pores.

Q4/ Will my pores return to normal size at some point?

I am currently using Lancome Cleanser, Toner and SPF Moisturiser. I wear Revlon make up with SPF. At night I wash off my make up and apply pure vitamin e oil and sometimes a litte steroid cream to help reduce the inflamed red look. I am currently waiting for my a delivery of silicone cream called Stratamed & Strataderm which is supposed to be purpose made for post laser skin to help with healing and recovery.

I have spoken to my doctor's office and they assured me that these results could not have come from fraxel. This does not help my situation and I will be seeking another clnic to help me fix my face.

I am making myself quite sick over the result and I would prefer good advice rather than horror stories please.

I thank all of you for reading my post

I look forward to your replies.

Dr Parmar

I am 3 weeks post fraxel and very concerned ENLARGED PORES DEEPER MARIONETTE LINES/JOWLS RED VEINS AND BROKEN CAPS MORE PIGMENTATION

How are you feeling these days?
Wow!! That is MY story. First of all, you need to understand how Fraxel works. It deliberately destroys columns of tissue in your skin. If you were treated aggressively, your face can fall from the lack of support. As the tissue grows back in, you will see improvement. DO NOT DO ANY ADDITIONAL TREATMENTS FOR 6 MONTHS!!! Be prepared....it could take even longer. I have corresponded with many on here. Most do see improvement in time. Healing is different for everyone so "in time" is different as well. The best thing you can do for you skin is RELAX and take care of yourself.....eat well and get plenty of sleep!!

Three weeks is way too early to see any improvement!!! Best wishes!!

Hi Susan,

A similar question was asked in our Dr Q&A, How Long After Fraxel can I get a Peel, the doctor mentions 5-6 months. I would assume this is a pretty safe rule of thumb for any procedure. As for your other questions I think unfortunately it will just take a bit of time to see full results. I'm not good at waiting so I understand how you feel. Please keep us updated as thing heal.

Thank you!