My Tummy Tuck Journey - Sydney, Australia

I have waited 14 years to finally be able to say...

I have waited 14 years to finally be able to say that my wish has come true. Two beautiful children and a great life. But as most of you know, as a woman, beauty isn't always from within and yes scars do matter! Stretch marks do matter! Bikini's are out of the question and full pieces are your only option to get a tan or participate in all water fun with kids and friends.
It is even more heartbreaking when your girlfriends are still getting around in the latest bikini's.
In 5 days I am finally Sydney, Australia bound for my much anticipated surgery and I couldn't be any more anxious, nervous and excited all in one. My beautiful mother in-law will be with me the day of my surgery while hubby stays home and looks after the house and children. I don't know which is scarier, the operation or the three of them being home alone ahhhhh.

Well...I will spend the weekend cooking and freezing meals for 2 weeks and make sure the house is children and husband friendly for the time i am away.

Please keep in mind the cost of my surgery covers hospital stay for 1 week and all post-op care from my surgeon.

I have private health cover and medicare assist in my rebate for part.

I can't wait to get back to you with my post-op report and photo's.

Day 1 - Surgery

Day 3 - Recovery

I am still in hospital on the road to recovery. I am now motivated, able to go to the bathroom on my own and walk around the hospital regularly.
It is painful but feels great to walk around and stretch and is good for you and the healing process. I am still yet to see my tummy as my sexy binder has to stay on for a while yet. I can't wait though. Super excited!!

Day 6 - Going Home

Yay!! I am going home today! Well..to a girlfriends because I can't fly home just yet.

My drains were removed this morning and the stitches around my belly button were also removed. all looks well and i finally got to have a nice long shower. I am still very swollen however, my binder is far more comfortable today and no where near as tight as it has been the last few days.

I am really missing my husband and kids especially now I am leaving the hospital and not going home. But...by the time I do get to go home, I will be far more active than I am now.

Day 13 - Progressing Well

I still have a fair bit of swelling however, I am feeling great and am very happy with my result so far.

5 Weeks - Feeling Great!!

Hi All,
So... it has been 5 weeks since my surgery and I am feeling great!! Most of my swelling has gone down except that annoying little pouch above my incision. Every day it is improving though :)

Today I put on a bikini for the first time in 14 years and it felt amazing!!

I have now started back at the gym but keeping it light and easy.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon