My Tummy Tuck Journey - Sydney, Australia

I have waited 14 years to finally be able to say...

I have waited 14 years to finally be able to say that my wish has come true. Two beautiful children and a great life. But as most of you know, as a woman, beauty isn't always from within and yes scars do matter! Stretch marks do matter! Bikini's are out of the question and full pieces are your only option to get a tan or participate in all water fun with kids and friends.
It is even more heartbreaking when your girlfriends are still getting around in the latest bikini's.
In 5 days I am finally Sydney, Australia bound for my much anticipated surgery and I couldn't be any more anxious, nervous and excited all in one. My beautiful mother in-law will be with me the day of my surgery while hubby stays home and looks after the house and children. I don't know which is scarier, the operation or the three of them being home alone ahhhhh.

Well...I will spend the weekend cooking and freezing meals for 2 weeks and make sure the house is children and husband friendly for the time i am away.

Please keep in mind the cost of my surgery covers hospital stay for 1 week and all post-op care from my surgeon.

I have private health cover and medicare assist in my rebate for part.

I can't wait to get back to you with my post-op report and photo's.
How did u go today? Had mine yesterday and slowly on the mend although it has been a pretty rough 24 hours. Hope u are feeling well!
Hi there It went really well. Fortunately I didn't have any muscle repair so my pain is there but not as intense as yours may be. Take care :)
Good Luck. I am also from Sydney. You're the first person I have met from here. Get bio oil from chemist warehouse to treat scars and plenty pillows to prop yourself up and for under your knees. I slept sitting up for 3 weeks. Look forward to seeing your po pics

Day 1 - Surgery

Wow your pre surgery pic looks a LOT like mine. How did surgery go?!? Get some rest, fluids and stay on top of your pain meds.
Oh my...you are so right and our incisions seem to be identical too. He wasn't able to take the belly button all the way down So i too have a vertical incision. The surgery itself went really well. I can wait to see the result though.

Day 3 - Recovery

I am still in hospital on the road to recovery. I am now motivated, able to go to the bathroom on my own and walk around the hospital regularly.
It is painful but feels great to walk around and stretch and is good for you and the healing process. I am still yet to see my tummy as my sexy binder has to stay on for a while yet. I can't wait though. Super excited!!
Happy healing. ... you look so tiny
Congratulations! Welcome to the flat side. Wishing you a happy recovery!
Cant wait to see your results!

Day 6 - Going Home

Yay!! I am going home today! Well..to a girlfriends because I can't fly home just yet.

My drains were removed this morning and the stitches around my belly button were also removed. all looks well and i finally got to have a nice long shower. I am still very swollen however, my binder is far more comfortable today and no where near as tight as it has been the last few days.

I am really missing my husband and kids especially now I am leaving the hospital and not going home. But...by the time I do get to go home, I will be far more active than I am now.
You look great! Am looking forward to following your progress :)
Wow! You look great!

Day 13 - Progressing Well

I still have a fair bit of swelling however, I am feeling great and am very happy with my result so far.
Hi Rosie07 Just checking in to see how you are doing. Have you had your surgery yet? If not, when are you scheduled for?
Hi there Hope0303- I'm scheduled to have a TT, BR and Lipo with Dr Hunt in November.Your story has given me so much more courage- you look amazing!
Hi Rosie07 I am so excited for you! Congratulations!! He is an amazing surgeon and the aftercare is faultless. Please keep me updated with your progress!! If there is anything you would like to know, please do not hesitate to ask :)

5 Weeks - Feeling Great!!

Hi All,
So... it has been 5 weeks since my surgery and I am feeling great!! Most of my swelling has gone down except that annoying little pouch above my incision. Every day it is improving though :)

Today I put on a bikini for the first time in 14 years and it felt amazing!!

I have now started back at the gym but keeping it light and easy.
Wow the swimmer shot HOT HOT HOT. I'm 8 days post tt feeling like I've been hit by a truck a bit but your five week photo has lifted me up today so thank u
U look fabulous!
Too cute! You look great!
Sydney Plastic Surgeon