27y/o, 220cc, Silicone Teardrop, over the Muscle.

I had my implants placed just over 4 months ago....

I had my implants placed just over 4 months ago. It was the best thing that I ever did. I had a fantastic surgeon that I could reply on to do what was best for my body and my lifestyle. There is so much information out there, so it was important to me to have someone that I could trust. Im 5'9 and an active person so I wanted something I would feel completely comfortable with. I went with a 220cc silicone teardrop implant and they look amazing! I could not be happier. The whole experience was so fantastic. I can't thanks Dr Southwell-Keely enough for all his help. I'm so glad after years of thinking about it, I finally had them done.
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

The whole process was amazing. Right from making appointment to the surgery and all follow up appointments.

Hey, glad you love them. My ps recommended teardrop over the muscle, but I'm a bit nervous because I read they were more prone to complications. I would love to hear more about your thoughts on them.
Hi there Tarren. Plastic surgery is all about making informed choices. Your surgeon will no doubt go through all the pros and cons of the different options with you. Suffice it to say current generation implant complication rates are lower than they have ever been and you will have less pain/restriction of activity with over the muscle implants if you lead an active lifestyle. Best of luck, James
Not sure about the teardrop complications but I have HP overs (225) and love them. No complications at all.
Lol!! I posted this comment above right before I developed capsular contracture with these overs, so I can no longer recommend overs. My cap con started after a skin infection 9 months post surgery. I now have 350 unders and Strattice to prevent cap con. I only had my first BA for a year and really thought I wouldn't get cc because I was healthy. I didn't know that if you had a bacterial infection anywhere in your body at any time in your life, your body could start attacking the implant and cause cap con.
Thank you for your feed back and sorry to hear about your situation. I am glad that you have had a successful resolution to your capsular contraction problem. Your story highlights some interesting points for discussion. While the risk of capsular contracture is less for implants placed under the muscle, it can still occur in this location too. Bacterial seeding of breast implants leading to capsular contraction is possible many years after surgery, irrespective of implant location, but it is very rare. Breast implants placed over the muscle remains an excellent option for the right patient who has been well informed pre-operatively. All the best James