Restylane 1ml - Sunnybank, AU

Had been thinking about getting lip fillers for a...

Had been thinking about getting lip fillers for a while, and finally decided to go ahead with it.
I had it done on the 26/06/13 ar 4.30pm so it's been 10 days. After discussion with the injector, we decided to go with 1ml (as opposed to 1/2ml) which I am so happy I did. I think 1/2ml wouldn't have shown up at all! Immediately after treatment I began using: arnica cream on the lips, Zovirax (as I used to get cold sores), arnica tablets, anti-inflammatories and antihistamines as per the labels. I wanted to cover all my bases in regards to swelling and bruising.

So here is a review of how it all went..
26/06/14 evening: a fair amount of swelling, numbness, no pain, very mild discomfort. Started noticing some asymmetry after about 4 hours which worried me, but of course I had to remind myself that it was probably swelling.

27/06/13 morning: very similar to the night before. I had also taken the aforementioned medications throughout the night. I also slept with my head propped up on pillows. I took the day off work as I looked a bit too silly to go in. Not much change during the day..

27/06/13, 24 hours later: nearly exactly 24 hours later, I started to feel pretty happy with how they looked, which is basically exactly what my injector had told me.

28/06/13 morning: swelling basically totally resolved

Overall, I didn't experience any bruising, and swelling only lasted 24 hours. I am happy with the results but next time will look at 1.5ml or 2ml.

Ps - sorry about the photo overload but I wanted to be thorough

Later pics

Some updated pics

2.5 months later

Hey guys, thanks for the comments :)
Just took a photo as requested..
I feel they are back to what they looked like before having it done - what do you think? After about a month I felt like they were back to their pre-injection size :(
However, I don't fault the clinic at all. I figured my body may have metabolised it quickly or something. I think I will go back shortly for 1.5ml.

Thoughts?

2.5 months later

Signa Furber RN, Renew You

Can't fault her. Friendly, confident, assuring. Great advice and basically pain free procedure.

same here, I love it but if I get 2 months of fullness I'm lucky. you look good..sorry that it didn't last longer for you as well.
Hey how are your lips now? I got mine done on Monday and they look bad!

omfggg your lips look beyond beautifulll, you are soo pretty!!!! Im so jealous! Think I will be doing the same soon :) if you dont mind can you please email me a pic (n******@*****.com) of how they look now, a month later! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Thank you so much for your post! I had lip fillers yesterday at 2.30pm....I woke at 1am with swelling and have searched the Internet for the most effective treatment.... Your post and your photos have helped me considerably! Your lips look beautiful xx
Your lips look fantastic. I suggest wearing a pretty gloss and living with your new look. I have some experience with lip plumping and found myself looking fantastic for a few years then transforming into "ducky" after I became unable to "see" myself clearly when I got a little blue over a break-up. Back to normal now, thank goodness. Again, you look lovely! Good for you for doing it for yourself!

There's no such thing as photo overload here! I sincerely appreciate your taking the time to share on RealSelf. Your lips look really pretty.