Restylane 1ml - Sunnybank, AU

Had been thinking about getting lip fillers for a...

Had been thinking about getting lip fillers for a while, and finally decided to go ahead with it.
I had it done on the 26/06/13 ar 4.30pm so it's been 10 days. After discussion with the injector, we decided to go with 1ml (as opposed to 1/2ml) which I am so happy I did. I think 1/2ml wouldn't have shown up at all! Immediately after treatment I began using: arnica cream on the lips, Zovirax (as I used to get cold sores), arnica tablets, anti-inflammatories and antihistamines as per the labels. I wanted to cover all my bases in regards to swelling and bruising.

So here is a review of how it all went..
26/06/14 evening: a fair amount of swelling, numbness, no pain, very mild discomfort. Started noticing some asymmetry after about 4 hours which worried me, but of course I had to remind myself that it was probably swelling.

27/06/13 morning: very similar to the night before. I had also taken the aforementioned medications throughout the night. I also slept with my head propped up on pillows. I took the day off work as I looked a bit too silly to go in. Not much change during the day..

27/06/13, 24 hours later: nearly exactly 24 hours later, I started to feel pretty happy with how they looked, which is basically exactly what my injector had told me.

28/06/13 morning: swelling basically totally resolved

Overall, I didn't experience any bruising, and swelling only lasted 24 hours. I am happy with the results but next time will look at 1.5ml or 2ml.

Ps - sorry about the photo overload but I wanted to be thorough

Later pics

Some updated pics

2.5 months later

Hey guys, thanks for the comments :)
Just took a photo as requested..
I feel they are back to what they looked like before having it done - what do you think? After about a month I felt like they were back to their pre-injection size :(
However, I don't fault the clinic at all. I figured my body may have metabolised it quickly or something. I think I will go back shortly for 1.5ml.

Thoughts?

2.5 months later

Signa Furber RN, Renew You

Can't fault her. Friendly, confident, assuring. Great advice and basically pain free procedure.