Laser Tattoo Removal Isn't for Everyone! - Sugar Land, TX

Hi! So I got a tattoo end of February 2013 and...

Hi! So I got a tattoo end of February 2013 and immediately regretted it. Less than a week later I started the laser treatments to have it removed. I went to a specialist in laser tattoo removal who assured me my skin would return to normal. Six treatments plus 1 year later it still hasn't. I'm left with this:
Sugar Land Laser Tattoo Removal

He seemed assuring enough; said he does dozens of treatments a day and has never had a client whose skin did not return to normal post-treatment. I think he could have been more forthcoming with information and not so tight-lipped. I asked as many questions as I could think of and did my own independent research. Plus he was offering a good deal, so I went with it.

hey there im a darker skin african american as well im about the same skin tone as urs or a tad darker and i too want a tattoo removed mines is on my stomach though. i also live in the houston, tx area. what kind of laser was used on u ? and what color was ur tattoo? how many treatments in total did you have ?
The laser is called Astanza. Here is the website:***removed 3rd party link*** Notice how they "guarantee" removal...
Oh and my tattoo was black ink, and I had six sessions done, all about 3-5 weeks apart.
3 to 5 weeks is a very short time to wait between sessions.. there is a lot of published research showing that you should wait at least 8 weeks, and 12 weeks is even better. i think it was wrong of your laser practitioner not to advise you to wait longer between sessions, and to guarantee removal. are the scars raised? perhaps you can use some silicone scar sheets if they are, i have some raised scarring from the tattoo and laser process and the silicone sheets are helping.. good luck!
For the most part it is flat, save for a few areas that are slightly raised. I'll have to look into silicone sheets, I've never heard of them. Are they some sort of surgical procedure? And yes, perhaps I should have waited longer between sessions. He said the length of time to wait depended on how quickly my skin healed. Some of his clients could go every 3 weeks, some needed as long as 8. (Sigh....) What a disaster.
I think if you would have wait longer in between sessions like 8 or 12 weeks u would have had better results
I believe it. Although hypopigmentation is apparently a huge risk factor on darker skin. But I'm sure waiting lover would have helped.
Longer*
yes thats what i meant to say longer
sorry ur comment above i dont know why i thought i wrote
Thank you for taking the time to share :) What kind of laser were you treated with?
You're welcome. The laser is called Astanza.