A Breast Reduction Journey - Sugar Land, TX

As a teenager I was pretty hefty in the breast...

As a teenager I was pretty hefty in the breast area. As an adult and after kids I felt like I had two midgets wrestling on my chest. I'm currently a 40ddd and I am looking forward to my reduction with Dr. Horndeski in Sugarland, Tx. He stood out to me due to his extrodinary procedure of not having the anchor scar that majority of breast reduction candidates have. Due to his engineering degree combined with his vast knowledge of plastic surgery he was able to create a technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift. Where he creates an internal bra and doesn't require the anchor scar. His work is extrodinary and I was looking for minimal scarring. Being as natural as possible was very significant to me. I am flying from Herndon, Va. to Houston, Tx. on the 14th of April. I will stay for a week or so, with a companion/nurse to care for me in my hotel room due to traveling alone. This experience will be one I am thoroughly looking forward to. I will update on my journey to the land of new freedom from heavy fun bags to perky happiness. His staff is very friendly and helpful. He is very informative and has a great personality. I recommend him above anyone else. Look for more updates coming soon;-)??

Well today was my pre op day with Dr. Horndeski. ...

Well today was my pre op day with Dr. Horndeski. It was a good visit. It was the first time I sat down with him in person. Before I just worked with him virtually. He has a great personality and his staff goes without saying. They go to extrodinary lengths to ensure all you questions are answered and all your needs are met, as you prep for your impending surgery. I will have surgery tomorrow, so keep me in prayer. I will not only have the UBL but also lipo of a few areas. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I will keep you updated.

It is day three as I recovering from my surgery. ...

It is day three as I recovering from my surgery. I have a private nurse, who has been staying with me, since I travelled alone. Their company is called JA and Companions. They have been outstanding, as far as, the care and genuine compassion while I continue to heal. I feel lighter and my breast look great. I could not have asked for a better outcome. Dr. Horndeski has great bedside manner and his assistant has been the best. Since I have been unable to get out to the office. He and his assistant came to see me in my room. I am sore and bruised because I also had liposuction done, also. I know all things heal in time and everyday it gets a little better.

It has been one week since my reduction and lipo...

It has been one week since my reduction and lipo by Dr. Horndeski. I could never be happier with my results thus far. I am healing well and not having the lollipop scar that most women have is heaven sent. I have been walking around, as I was told by my doctor and wearing my compression garment for the lipo. Every night I massage my legs and allow the warm water to massage my back and legs. Dr. Horndeski and his staff are phenomenal at what they do. I can call at anytime to his PA Alissa for any questions I may have. She will relay any messages to the doctor. I flew from V irginia to Houston, Texas for my procedure and stayed a week. I was very comfortable and well kept by my private nurse Judy. She took care of me until I was able to care for myself. I had her for three days. Healing is going great and by being active helps alleviate the soreness and stiffness from lipo of my back, torso and thighs. I am beyond elated with my results. Stay tuned;-)

Greetings ladies!!! I am one week and five days...

Greetings ladies!!! I am one week and five days post op. I have been vigilant about using the arnicare for my bruising from lipo and loving the transformation of both my breast and body. I make sure I walk as much as I can before my feet swell from the fluid retention during the healing phase of lipo called "swell hell". I have a massage chair that I use regularly to loosen me up in the areas I can't reach. Although still tender in some areas and with the wearing of my compression garment everything is falling into place. I send Dr. Horndeski weekly pics to show him how I am progressing. I am ever grateful to him and his staff for being always accessible for any questions I may have. I will update pics soon as I will be removing my steri strips on Tuesday. CIAO

It is going on a month since my surgery. I am...

It is going on a month since my surgery. I am definitely overjoyed with my results. I continue to have contact with my doctor and they stay in contact with me. I could not have had a better outcome. I see lot of horror stories, but it is up to you to do your research on these doctors. Especially when you are putting your whole being under their care. Please be vigilant in your research on these doctors. They are not all created equal. Just because they are plastic surgeons doesn't mean they know what they are doing. Check on the AMA website for information on the doctor you are choosing. Ensure that they will give you the results, within reason; that you are looking for. Without a doubt I would recommend Dr. Horndeski, as he is the ONLY doctor when doing breast reduction that creates an internal bra using your pectorial muscles and you WILL NOT have the vertical scar. Choose wisely and I wish you luck.
Texas Plastic Surgeon

HE IS ONE OF A KIND WITH HIS UNIQUE PROCEDURE. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Please tell about your recovery time before flying back to VA. How many times did you see Dr. H postoperative? Did you get everything drained and off tubes before your flight home? Did you have have your nurse full time for the three days or in shifts? I can't decide if I want the time away from family or have my husband care for the first stage of recoup. I don't want to scare or scar the 10 yr-old triplets, if possible. Thanks for getting back to me. Txtriplets.
Greetings txtriplets!! I stayed in Houston for one week. My nurse Judy stayed for three full days. She had her other assistant to come and stay the next day for a few hours until she came back for her next shift. She was with me fulltime. I saw Dr. Hordinski and his assistant twice before leaving. My nurse reported to them every day of my progress. My drains were removed four days after surgery. If your husband will accompany you that is great. Also, I had a lot of lipo as well as the UBL. You will need someone to stay with you the first 24 at least. I stayed at the Staybridge Hotel in which I had a separate bedroom, living room and full kitchen. I shopped for groceries the day before surgery. You will need to be on a liquid diet the day after surgery and until you can tolerate regular food. I was very comfortable during my stay. Especially with my nurses there to help me out. I have a fourteen year old and that's why my husband stayed behind. I wish you much success as you make your decision to undergo your procedure. Please don't hesitate to contact me.
You look great! I'm a bit curious about the technique used by the surgeon. Where did he cut you? Do you have incisions under the boobs and towards the sides?
@Nannyogg Thank you so much!!! Dr. Horndeski cut under my breast close to the chest wall and around my nipples, as he reshaped my areolas. He lipos also to give you a better shape around your armpit. He creates an internal bra that helps support you. If you go to his website or call they will be more than happy to explain more. When you go you will be shown everything that will be done. Again, Thank you!!
Wowwwww. U look amazing. Perfecto
@excited2max Again much appreciated Thank you!!!
Happy everything went well for u
@excited2max Thank you!!!
Too bad insurance doesn't cover massage chair post operative healing :) Fascinated by your doctor's approach. Amazing to forgo the lollipop incision and still get such a lift. Looks great.
@doorknockersNoMore Lol!! My husband bought me the chair. I wish insurance would do such. Yes indeed!! Dr. Horndeski is phenomenaI. My husband did most of the research on him and it was decided that this was something I would have to look at for the rest of my life, so it was going to be done by the best. Thank you!!
You look just great. You must be very pleased with your decision, your pictures look great. Good luck
@me950 Thank you!! I am very pleased; although I have a ways to go before I'm fully healed I couldn't ask for anything better. Again Thank you!!
It sounds like things went well So happy for you . Nice job by your PS!
@glittergal Thank you!! Everything went well. I couldn't be happier. I hope all is well and you are recovering with ease.
I am thank you.
Hi Lady Convinced :-) wow you traveling for your BR . I am glad you will have a nurse with you . I pray all goes well with you . My surgery is the 15 on Monday! Keep us updated and Good luck .
Greatings Glittergal54!! Thank you and I wish you much success with your surgery, also. Yes I traveled from VA. I felt if I was going to have it done to my satisfaction I would travel to the best without hesitation. Again, Thank you!!
I totally agree. I am recovering nicely this evening . Very minimal pain so far. I live in The Bay Area in Northern California . So we have some great docs here too.Prayers for you lady.
Yes glittergal you do..i was gonna originally go to the PS that has a tv show in dandiego. But i chose not to because do to the follow ups that follow the procedure i didnt feel comfortable going back and forth. And ur BR looks amazing Glittergal. GO GIRL!
Thank you excited!