Radiesse - Suffolk, UK

As I had a few lines around my mouth I thought I...

As I had a few lines around my mouth I thought I would have a filler.

Unfortunately the day after I had it done my face came up swollen, with a red rash I looked terrible. I phoned the person who had administered the Radiesse and she was very concerned. She told me to take anti histamine which I was already taking and she would phone me in a few days. Unfortunately it got worse and I had to go to the Doctors who put me on a course of anti-biotics and a stronger antihistamine. I could not go to work and could not go out. It took over a week for the rash etc to go down. I was extremely worried about it and even now my mouth droops. Obviously I could never recommend Radiesse to any one.

She was extremely professional, but I could not recommend her as I could not recommend the product.

I had Radiess injections for wrinkles around my mouth,one month ago. I developed swelling in both cheeks and looked awful.I tried an antiinflamatory,anti histamine cold compresses plus an anti inflammatory patch.There is still swelling .My doctor was concerned but said that he had never of such a thing before. Pam
Hi Ellen Leigh. What do you mean when you say that " if the doctor performed a prior consultation"? What do I have to tell the doctor to see of Im not allergic? I Think theres no way a person can know right? There is no test for that .
I think there is a test for that. Like for anyhting else. test the substance on a small, hidden area and see how it reacts. At least, that's what I've heard. I might be wrong, but it seems perfectly logical.
Did the doctor perform a prior consultation? You're are probably allergic to Radiesse and that's why you had that reaction and rash. My best friend had had marionette lines reduction with Juvederm and everything went alright, she was very pleased with the results and 5 months since the procedure, she can still enjoy the rejuvenated look! It doesn't mean the doctor who did this treatment for you was not professional, but she should have performed a more thorough and detailed skin consultation. If you decide at some point to undergo another wrinkle reduction treatment, I would warmly recommend Renew Skin & Health Clinic, they have branches all over England (the closest to you being Norwich, Cambridge, Northampton or London). The friend I was talking about had had her procedure there, and I accompanied her and saw that the specialists there really know what they are doing, they have performed numerous such procedures with various dermal fillers and know exactly what to take into account before recommending or performing the treatment. Hope this helped...if not you, maybe others! Cheers!
You look great without it. What do you mean when you say your mouth droops? For the allergic reaction to go, did they tale out the Radiesse? (I Think Its difficult to take out)

I think you looked fantastic before the injection.

Thanks for your comment, I have only just read it. To be honest I wish I had never bothered, I am back to how I was before the injections (must have worn off) at the end of the day I now believe its not what what we look like, it is what we are inside that matters. Yes, make the most of yourself..but at the end of the day, it how we are as a person. Our family and friends are what are important, to love and give unconditional love is to me the most important thing. With kind regards Mary

Raddisse should never be used around the mouth cheeks are ok as this is avery solid filler.
I now only use juverderm voluma in the cheeks and Perlane in the lower part of the face.
I have had this for years no problem.
Radiesse is not good over these other brands.
Regards
Gary Bowsie Melbourne Australia

Hi Charley,

Oh no, that's not cool at all. You might want to check out the forum post Radiesse side effects. It might help because all those ladies have dealt with the same things you are. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review, and have a great weekend!

-Britt