Tummy Tuck & Lipo of the Flanks - Stony Brook, NY

I have wanted to have a tummy tuck for many years....

I have wanted to have a tummy tuck for many years. I had the extra skin and stretch marks as a result of having two large kids however I was extremely apprehensive about having the surgery (the pain, recovery time was my main concern). I did some research online I read that Dr. Mark Epstein performed tummy tucks without drains and a pain pump. I went to Dr. Mark Epstein’s office in August of 2012 and I knew that I wanted him as my surgeon.

I had my surgery yesterday December 12, 2012 and I am 1 day post op and I feel a tad bit soar and a little uncomfortable but that is the extent of pain. Yesterday 4 hours after my surgery I felt fine I was able to walk around with mild discomfort.

Lastly, I have to say I am happy with my decision to have the tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks although I have a little swelling I can see the improvements to my body already.

5 weeks post op and I am still very happy I made...

5 weeks post op and I am still very happy I made the decision to have the TT and I am very happy with results thus far. The only side effect which I was told to expect was some swelling which is minor and is above the incision however other than that no major setbacks at all. My bandage was removed 3 weeks after the surgery and the scar I have from the surgery is minimal. I could not believe how thin and light the incision looked just 3 weeks after my surgery - I am still very impressed with the outcome. Thank you Dr. E.
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mark Epstein and his staff are great. I am extremely happy with the results and would come to him again for any future body contouring. He made me feel comfortable, he was extremely knowledgeable and he took his time to really discuss the results I would get from the procedures. I did visit two other physicians but they were not as experienced or as knowledgeable as Dr. Epstein and I did not have the comfortable with their skill level. What made my experience even more wonderful was of course Dr. Epstein but I have to give kudos to each and every one of his staff that was there. I want to thank the Nurse, the LPN, the Anesthesiologist and all of his staff that tended to me. They all made me feel comfortable and confident that all would be well with me. Again thank you Dr. Epstein and thank you to all of his staff. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who is thinking about doing a tummy tuck and lipo of the flanks.

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting your review.   Rest up and go slow for a couple of weeks.  And also keep us up to date on how your recovery is going.