Pictures Are Better Than Words - Stony Brook, NY

My size c cup got deflated after years and wanted...

my size c cup got deflated after years and wanted to be a full d cup. I think this doctor is good but I feel I was not informed enough and am now a bit regretful. I am in my late 40's and my breast size was a deflated c I was seeking a nice rack with some cleavage at least when I wear a bra. Well I went in and saw my images on the 3D system he has in the office and was not impressed with the after vision. I informed him that I wanted to be a full D cup but did not know the profile of the silicone implant I wanted. I left that up to him he is the expert. Well I should of placed socks full of rice in my bra before making my decision or should of brought him pictures of what I wanted so that I would be happy and not dissappointed. I should of gone at least 100cc's more and high profile implants as oppose to his recommendation the moderate plus. My breast now just look like an inflated flat full C cup they dont have the nice cleavage fullness a high profile implant would of given me. I spoke to other PS and they stated they would of placed high profile implants on women that there breasts have a bit of a droop. The staff and the doctor were great but please bring in fotos and you will be much happier with your experience. Im not saying you will look like the foto but at least he will know what you want... because after its done like when I went for my post -op he said it was too late now and for $8,000 you want to be happy its hard to be unhappy after all that money.Good luck I hope this helps some people..

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

imformed choices are important.

From what I heard Silicone implants look about 100cc's smaller than saline. Talk to you doctor tell him that you don't feel like you results and you where expecting for them to be larger.
Explain to him your still a "c" and the whole reason u where getting the implants what to be a Full "D" maybe he might work something out with you.
Hello A.V.

I was not aware of that and I was also told that some PS give the patients some testers to try out but he has that 3D system to see after pics so that did not really help bc I did not like it. But he said its different when he does the actual surgery and I trusted his judgement. I went for my 6 month post-op and explained to him that I was unhappy bc I prefered a D as I told him prior to the surgery and I also asked him why he did not recommend the high profile silicone implants that many PS prefer for women with a medium level of droopiness in there breast. The importance of the profiles is important when you wear a bathing suit, it looks much better. I dont want to persuade anyone I just want everyone that is thinking about implants to bring in pics...for clarity purposes. Thanks for your response...

I'm sorry you're not thrilled with your results. Thank you for posting your experience here on RealSelf. Were your initial implants saline?

Hi, they are moderate plus silicone implants. This is my first set of implants I plan on seeking a new Plastic Surgeon and getting them revised in a few years. I was very excited bc I live far from his office and had hotel cost and everything because I heard of his 24 Recovery system. The system did work but I would of rather been in pain for two weeks and be satisfied now. What I wish for ppl to know is that when you want something provide pics bc I was clear in my request.