24 Hour Recovery from Breast Augmentation - Stony Brook, NY

I had been against breast augmentation for as long...

I had been against breast augmentation for as long as I could remember, mostly for two reasons. The first being the final product looking nothing like natural breasts look, and the second being the dreaded, long recovery process we've all heard horror stories about. After gaining and losing weight, and turning 30, I decided to putz around one more time and take a peak at what doctors were offering with regards to a natural looking breast augmentation. I live in Connecticut, and have quite a few friends who have had surgery with doctors in the state, and I still felt the final product looked, well, unnatural. I begun to look online in surrounding states, and came across this doctor, located in near by Long Island. The first thing I noticed was the massive amounts of information provided to me on his website, and how virtually any questions I had, were already answered for me.

Second, I looked at the before and afters, and was amazed at how natural all of the final "products" looked. Then the bonus, this doctor uses a method which allows the patient to recover in 24 hours. No pain pumps, no drains, no PAIN KILLERS, only Advil. My first reaction was yeah, right. But what the heck, let me check this guy out. I went to visit for my consultation, and new almost instantly I would be having the surgery with this doctor. The doctor, along with all of his staff, are beyond friendly, patient, caring, and there to make you feel comfortable, excited, and answer any and all questions you might have. I had my breast augmentation yesterday morning at 8am, and I feel fantastic. Seriously, I think going to the dentist is worse than this. I was in surgery around 9:30 am, and back to my hotel room by 11:30 am. I had to take medication after the surgery, so I had to eat something, which wasn’t a problem at all. I had a sandwich, and took my medication, and laid down for my nap around noon. By 2pm I was awake, and felt amazing. The groggy feeling from the anesthesia had worn off. I took a hot shower, did stretching the doctor has you do, and was out shopping by 3pm. I went out to lunch, shopped, tried on clothes by myself (tried on shirts I had to slip over my head with little discomfort), and went out to dinner. I got home around 10:30pm. I took my ibuprofen, and laid down on my breasts for 15 minutes, as instructed by my doctor (you have to do this every night for 15 minutes beginning the day of surgery). I was nervous to do this, but it was no problem at all!!!! I woke up today, and my breasts already looked better than yesterday. Let me tell you this- the 24 hour recovery is no gimmick, or joke. You will be feeling great in no time. I have hardly any swelling and I’ve been working from home all day today. Don’t waste your time looking at another doctor, or doing the surgery any other way. There can’t possibly be a better doctor near by!

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

I cannot say enough good things about the doctor and his professionalism, his ability to provide you with all the information you could possibly need to make an informed decision, as well as all the information you could possibly need so as you know exactly what to expect each and every step of the way. The doctor called me the night after my surgery to check up on me, and took time to answer any questions or concerns I had.

What makes it a 24 hour process? It sounds wonderful.... where was the cut? tell us more :)

Sounds like this was a relative breeze for you! If only dental work could be so easy.

Thanks for sharing your experience here on RealSelf!