Extended Tummy Tuck With No Drains - Stony Brook, NY

The procedure in total was about 5 hours...

The procedure in total was about 5 hours (including the recovery). For this procedure Doctor Mark D. Epstein used a new drug by the name of EXPAREL. The Exparel is used to help manage the pain after surgery (in place of pain pumps). There are some side effects as described on the pamphlet; nausea, vomiting, or constipation. Rarely some patients experience numbness and tingling in their mouth or lips lightheadedness or anxiety. For me, this medication worked Great....because the next morning i was able to get out of bed and walk down to the cafeteria where breakfast was being served. Yes....I was sitting at the table eating....and so my recovery journey begins. A week later, i find myself still progressing, lets face it the house work still needs to get done....light cleaning, folding clothes, sweeping, and some mopping. At this time i like to express my gratitude to Doctor Mark D. Epstein, not only am i feeling better physically but my confidence level has reached a new HIGH...Thank you. and even with the scars...YES IT'S WORTH IT.

3 wks...had to get an ultrasound...some fluid...

3 wks...had to get an ultrasound...some fluid build up was removed. Returned to work today..even with light duty, the walking all day caught up with me.Hoping tomorrow is much easier...;)

I had some fluid build up on my right side...Dr....

I had some fluid build up on my right side...Dr. Epstein sent me for an aspiration. I was asked what i preferred drains or aspiration ? Kudos to the ladies with the drains..(dont know how you do it) as for me...Aspiration all the way, i think the drains would have been depressing.
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

He is honestly worth the rating. I found Dr. Epstein on the interenet six years ago and will never replace him with anyone else. Six years ago i had a breast reduction and uplift. Doctor Mark D. Epstein of Stony Brook, Ny had performed the surgery. I was so happy with the results and experience with that surgery, that there was NO DOUBT that i would be returning to his office for my next surgery. He's one of the most caring Doctor that i have met so far. To him you're not just another patient, you're a person that matters. He answered all of my questions about my concerns and explained the procedure fully to me so there were no surprises. The staff reflects on the kind of Doctor he is; from the clerical to the medical staff, they are all professional, caring and sensitive to the needs of the individual.

Thx for posting about Experal. My Dr. Uses this and I couldn't find much on a google search. I'm hoping for minimum pain and speedy recovery! Have to be back to work in 2 weeks post surgery.
Hi :) sorry it took so long to respond.....2 weeks for returning back to work...sure as long as you work behind a desk...but if youre always on the go...definately give your body the time to rest. please keep us posted to your surgery...hope goes well...:)
U look fabulous! Hope ur feeling good too! How is ur scar looking?
Thanks ....sorry took so long to answer....feeling Great! hope the same by you :)
your one month photos look so great! :)
yay looking good :) wasnt exparel sooo great? i had it too and it really helped :) thanks for posting. you went in the week before I did and it was great to see your review :)
Yesss..Exparel was Great :)
Hi susanna247, I am so excited to read ur progress! I have been cyber stalking Dr Epstein and already call him my surgeon :) when I get all my ducks in a row I plan on having a MM with him..I was wondering if u would share ur stats..(weight, age, height, #of kids)? I look forward to reading ur progress and wish u continued healing!
Hi 2sofar...thanks...I cant say enough about Dr. Epstein.....He' A GREAT SURGEON...Im 43...5'2...and 150 lbs...1 child via c-section. Cant wait to read about you...;)
after 3 wks....finally returned back to work...even with light duty ...the walking around is catchin up with me.