Breast Implant Removal :D - Stockholm, Sweden

Here's my story: (written the day of the...

Here's my story:
(written the day of the explant, 4th June 2012)
I got my implants 2008, they were 280 grams each side, I was an A cup before and I got a E cup, witch i didn't expect.
One year after I did the BA, I had to change my implants, there was capsulations in both of them, I think both of them had been broken because of it, so I had them replaced. One year after that I booked an appointment for I didn't feel good with them, deep inside I wanted them out, but I was scared and confused, and because of all the money spent on them, I felt like my feelings were wrong. And my dr said that I should be happy with them over time, two years past and I thought about it constantly. I booked appointments, and cancelled them. Three weeks ago I just went for it, I called them up booked an appointment, said that I wanted them out and booked the op.
From that moment i've been up and down with my decission, I even thought about it in my sleep, it was all I could think about, but the girls here on this site helped me, by reading their storys and getting my questions answered by some of them, looking at pictures before and after, It made me realize that this is something I have to do, because its something that I have wanted all along, to be natural again, and my feelings weren't wrong, a lot of these girls have felt exactly the way that i have felt. So today I did it. And I'm very happy.

Updated on 6 Jun 2012:
Hi, this is the 2:nd day post op, and I'm gonna upload som pics, when I did this explant, I hoped for the best, but expected the worst. Because of this I'm really happy with my result so far (I guess there not done yet, it takes about 6 months for them to heal properly and get back to normal shape). They don't look like they did before I had my implants put in, but thats ok, I didnt expect them to look like that. I havent tried on any clothes or anything, just wearing large tshirts and a sportsbra, but I think I look great in that, much better than with the implants.. My scars are itching, hurts a bit. I have to hold them when I walk around so they won't hurt as much. I've been sleeping a lot, and eating a lot. I rubbed my breasts with some coconut oil, hope that will help.
:D

Hi, thought I might update a little, 9 days post...

Hi, thought I might update a little, 9 days post op, and I feel good, I think my recovery has gone well, and I don't hur anymore, feels strange when I lift things that are heavy but thats normal, the nurse told me not to..
my dr told me I could wear a sportsbra, during the days for about three weeks, and not during the night, but I have during the night as well. the doctor and the nurse hasn't told me so much restrictions, except for no workout for three weeks, but does anyone else know how long you should wear a sportsbra, and when can you start with the regular bras, and does anyone have any tips for me, how to make the breast heal as good and fast as possible! I'd really appreciate it :D
thank you to all the beautiful and kind people on this site! :D

Hi andi! I feel good, and you? Its been five weeks for me, and im happy, i hope my skin will shrink a bit more, cause now they seem to me to be a bit more empty, i guess theyre not swollen anymore, i have been massaging mine, mabye i started too soon.. I thougt i might upload some more pics, as soon as i find a computer, right now i just have my iphone.. Arent you gonna load up pics? Love
Hi GB, how are you feeling now? Its been 7 weeks nearly for me and all seems well. I started massaging with almond oil.
Right andi, you explained it better, tank u again, i am very pleased with my result, but angry with the 20 year old me, whi decided this was a good thing to do, cause i never needed these fake boobs, i just ended up hidin myself to not look like to much silicone for four years, four years that should have been my best years.. But life goes on.. No use crying over spillt milk
Yes I feel just the same, wish I'd never had the implants! So weird really to feel like that now because I really wanted them. I was looking at photos last night and I could see my implants looked disgusting, not attractive at all. But also I agree, no point regretting it because it doesnt change anything!
Hello! that tape you have on for 6 months? Is that for scar reduction? It's funny how different all the surgeons are about this, I only have to keep mine on for 6 weeks (changing it every week). Hope you are good greenbeam!! x
and thanks Greenbeam and Flashgirl for advice on excercising, will wait a few more weeks
interesting..i've never heard of anyone keeping tape on their incisions after a few weeks after surgery....wounds need air to heal.
I think it is for scar reduction, my guess is probably that it helps the skin around the scars to keep close together so the scar does not stretch, and help the scar to heal without contact with bacterias and such, and i guess the skin on the scar is so sensetive that it needs that extra layer so it can heal properly without shirts and bras rubbing causibg friction on them:) Im feeling great, thank you andi, hope ur great too!
Do you know if the breasts might go up a little higher or do they stay in the place they are now, can the skin contract more? Huggs everyone!!
Hi katie, this tape is special surgery tape so i guess they let air in, and then you change them continuely so the get to breathe, but the probably get air thru the tape, otherwise the skin would be like the skin on the finger (like a raisin) when you have a bandaid on it.. But as said before, all the surgeons have different points of view..
Hi, My tape is the same, for scar reduction. It is micropore, which is breathable - basically it is stopping the skin from pulling and applying pressure. They didnt get me to wear tape when I had the implants put in, but that was some years ago so i think this is a more recent thing. I'm happy to do it because my scars were not very good before and the surgeon cut them out when he removed the implants, so I'm starting again with new incisions. After 6 weeks I am supposed to rub the scars twice a day with rosehip oil to also help fade them. Here is a description of the tape: http://www.livestrong.com/article/157691-how-to-use-micropore-tape-on-a-scar/

Greenbeam, I think people said on here that you have up to a year before they will be there final shape, so they will continue to change! Yours look pretty awesome as they are though, I dont think people would know at all you had implants!
You look great ;).
Hi katie, i ment like have tape on them for six months, and change them when you need to, or if ur dr told u not to, maybe follow his advice, i dont know..
Congratulations on your explant. Your breasts are beautiful and will look even better with time. Thank you for sharing your story and photos :)
Thank you niknik! I cant wait to see them in the future, did you have this op too?
No, I haven't had this op but I am thinking about it. I've had my breast implants a little over three months and they are much too large for me and I really regret this decision. Trying to decide now whether I should downsize to a smaller implant or just explant completely. Stories like yours give me hope that maybe I won't be deformed if I do decide to explant.
Ok, i havent seen u, but i really think that if ud explant after only so little time, they would go back and not be deformed, ive had mine in for four years, and havent been using a bra all the time so my skin streched out more than it should have even with the implants in, so i def think u should get them out if ur not comfortable..
Thank you all so much for your kind words!

Katie, I'm really sorry you feel like you feel, but i hope and belive that your breasts will get better, and I really hope your healt will too! I havent seen my scars yet, I went this monday and had my stiches cut and removed, and she said they looked really good, but that I have to keep the tape on for 6 months...
maybe you should do that too? keep tape on, and temember no sunlight on them for six months either..

Andi, My doctor said the same, 3 weeks and then lighter workout, no arms,
and after 7 weeks you can use arms, seems like a really long time.. it has to do with the scars, you cant strech your arms upp too much and hard cause the stitches will be stretched aswell..
I asked my nurse about massage, and she said I should wait three weeks and let them heal properly, and that massage does no differens, but Ive been massaging them any way, not to hard, but squeezing a bit, massageing the gland cause Ive been told from alot of people that if you do that, the blood in the gland stimulates, and make the gland attach better to the muscle, also it makes your breasts more firm and in some cases a little bigger, and ive been peeling the skin on my breasts a little, and putting on coconutoil an olive oil some almond oil hehe, so much oils.. but I dont know if it helps, but i think it does a bit
been massageing the skin on the breasts gently like everyday, as if it would help it shrink..
Push-up bras underwire bras, when can you use them?

Flashgirl, haha I think you would have notices if you were wworking out to soon, witch youtube massage did you see? I want to see it too!
Ive been putting on oils on my breasts, but since I have tape over my scares I havent put it on them.. mabye I should, what do you think?

thank you sanchez!! :D did you have an explant aswell?
Not yet, I am hopefull that I can get it scheduled for October, I am so tired of these heavy ol' bags!
I'm not sure what you mean by leaving the tape on for 6 months, that would probably be unsanitary and they certainly would peel off. i removed the tapes on my incisions two weeks after surgery, i have sutures that dissolve and incisions were glued on top.
You wont regret it, its the best decission ive made :)
Wow, your breasts look so good! Once they heal all up I bet you will never be able to tell you even had implants!!!
plus, other than tape, I don't even see any incision marks on you. After 14 days, and I just took my tapes off today, my incisions are red, still dried blood and look horrible. I don't even see any incision marks and no bruising at all on you...how did that happen?
Hello! I was told 8 weeks before I can wear a regular bra. I want to know about exercise - was told 3 weeks was ok for a gentle run, but I'd like to join the gym. Do you know?

Tips to making breasts heal, I read some people massage, but I'm a little wary of it incase it does damage, what do you think? x
i didnt wait 8 weeks... it was 6. gosh is that irresponsible (ha ha).

i went back to the gym after three weeks and literally did bike, cross trainer no arms etc, with my tight sports bra. today was the first time that i did weights and its been 7 weeks on. the scars didnt pop open either (thank god!!).

as for massage, hhmmm. i still put on my scar cream and oil literally onto the scars, but havent done the massage like on the youtube video. i feel a more gentle approach suits me better! x