Poor Blepharoplasty Results - Stockbridge, GA

Hereditary under eye bags. Dr. G performed...

Hereditary under eye bags.

Dr. G performed upper and lower blepharoplasty on me more than 10 years ago.  He took too much skin from my lower lids and not enough from my upper lids.  I was left disfigured and was forced to have corrective surgery 18 months later.

My once almond shaped eyes are now round (even after correction).  My left eye doesn't close completely, and I have bulging cartilage grafts in my lower lids.  Dr. G did refund the surgical fee, but I spent 5 times that on a corrective procedure.  I expect he has more surgical skill this far in his career, but it is not worth the risk where your eyes are concerned.

Stockbridge Plastic Surgeon

I had eyelid surgery 9 years ago and I looked clown like! My eyes could have used some fatty tissue removed but when doctors start cutting on the Lavator muscle, you really must know what you are doing. Of course, this doctor tried a correction that didnt work so then I had to go to another doctor who did the repair work but once the levator is cut a couple of times, its difficult to repair as when too many repairs are tried, the eyes can do funny things. My eyes are very deep set and forgiving so what is not forgiven is altered with make up. Luckily I am good with it.
Maybe if you are having someone like the great James Carraway in Va Beach do your surgery, would I ever recommend the levator muscle cut. Hes the expert.

Hi iris -- I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you've had. Have you had any success with revision surgeries?

Thank you for sharing your story. The blepharoplasty is such a tricky surgery; so easy to screw up and it is the patient who must suffer.