Is It Worth the Risks? - Newfoundland, NL

I am 21 years old and I have 2 children, 27 months...

I am 21 years old and I have 2 children, 27 months and 11 months. I breastfed both of them and now my breasts are deflated and saggy. I was a B cup before I had children, and now I don't even fill an A cup. I get extremely frustrated and embarrassed when I go bra shopping because there is never anything there to fit me :( My fiance says he likes what I have now and has tried, multiple times to talk me out of getting implants, but I can't help but notice him oogle over women with... breasts! haha.. He has finally realized how uncomfortable I feel about my body, I hardly take my shirt off in front of him.. or try to cover myself when I do. When I lay on my back there is absolutely nothing there, seriously, my fiance has bigger breasts than I do! LOL.. I have been researching for a few months now, mostly about things that could go wrong but nothing seems to turn me from wanting boobs.. I finally found a surgeon in Newfoundland and I have a consultation with her in a few months and I couldn't be happier... I am hoping for saline implants under the muscle and in through the armpit! Does anyone have any advice for a mother of two on healing while taking care of babies?

My first consultation!

I had my first consultation 2 months ago, I have another consultation in November and my surgery is booked for the end of February ???? I'm so excited and still very nervous! My surgeon suggested under the muscle 330cc round gummy bear implants with the incision at the bottom of the breast. She did not want to give me saline implants because I don't have much breast tissue and there is more of a chance of rippling showing up and she does not like to do the incision through the armpit because of higher risk of infection.

Unsure about size

I have been looking at sizes and I'm thinking 330cc is too small for the look I want (full C). I had to push my next consultation back and couldn't get an appointment until February 20th, which was 8 days before my initial surgery date, so I pushed my surgery date back as well. Now I can't get my BA until May 30th :( it seems so far away but I think I could use the time to get my sizes figured out. Here are a few pics of my 'wish boobs' enjoy!!

My final dream boob photo.

I just fell in love with these girls. After some thought, I have realized that one of my previous dream boob photos are way too fake looking and would just make me look top heavy and I don't want that. I want a natural look like this picture :D

Last consultation before my surgery is coming up soon!!

Hey Ladies!! I will be having my last consultation on Thursday before my surgery in May. I am just wondering if there is any advice you girls could give me on what I should question my PS on during this visit. I tend to forget everything once I walk into the office haha.

Happy with my last consultation :)

I had my consultation on February 20th. I had to bring in a picture of my "Wish Boobs" which came from LittleBee's profile. Thanks LittleBee :) (you can find her in my comments and go check out her story) Dr.Cluett then told me that the 300cc's she wanted to put in me would be too small so we are going to go with the 325cc as of now. When I get on the operating table she may want to put something different in. She went over a few things with me, like how my breast implants won't last a lifetime and there is a good possibility I will have to get them replaced in my lifetime. The Waranty will fully cover the implant if anything is to happen within 10 years, however, I will be responsible for the cost of surgery, anesthesia and hospital fees. I think I already mentioned this but I will be getting mentor, cohesive gel implants and the incision will be under the muscle. She also pointed out that my left ribs stick out more that my right ribs and I may have a touch of scoliosis.. I hope that doesn't make my implants look odd when I get them in. I tried on a 325cc sizer inside my extremely padded pushup bra and I am very pleased.. The countdown for my surgery is on... Only a LONGGG 77 days left lol.

Boobies on the brain!!!

Just 47 short days left! Eeeekk!!! It's getting so close now, all I can think about are boobs! I'm going to post a few before pics for you :/ here goes...

Just a little update ????

I have been talking to the receptionist at my doctors clinic about being on Paxil, she spoke to doctor cluett and she suggest that I come off of them 2 weeks before my surgery, because of the risk of bleeding out. I have to ween myself off of them from how until the 7th of May! I am getting so excited now I can hardly contain myself. Just 41 days until my surgery haha, it's starting to kick in now that this is real! I have waited for this so long and now it's finally going to happen. I can't wait to have boobies! :)

Oops! Forgot to mention

I forgot to mention that the $1100.00 hospital fee doesn't have to be paid before surgery, the hospital will send me the bill sometime after the surgery

More before pics

Totally disgusting but I can't wait to see the afters :) I will post some after pictures in the same bikini top!
Dr.Joy Cluett

I'm curious how long you had to wait for your first consult? I called her office at the beginning of March and got a consult appointment for the end of March (2014). This appointment is at her office. My MD sent the referral in to Eastern Health instead of her office and I just got my letter saying my first consult is in Jan 2016 and is at the hospital...
I made the appointment myself. I called in, around the first of April 2013 and they couldn't get me on until August 2013. I had a longgg wait! I got my doc to write a referral, a week later his receptionist called me and told me they couldn't get an appointment with her because she was all booked up for the year, so they booked me an appointment with Dr. Seal 6 months later.. I told her that I had already booked my appointment with Cluett and gave them the Date/Time of the consultation and my doctor wrote up the referral and sent it in for me :)
I had all 3 of my consults at her office on Patton Street
Great! I got in 2 years earlier (2014 instead of 2016) by booking the appointments myself. I'm so glad I read your blog. If I hadn't, I would've been waiting a long time! I had my first consult and I really like her. I can't wait to see your results :)
She is great isn't she?! :) thank you for reading! If you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask!
I got 325 but overfilled to 350 only because you lose cc when going under the muscle. I went with saline and I had very little breast tissue I'm almost 40. I can't wait to see how the gummy bears look. That wasn't an option for me.
Wow!! I just checked out your profile and they look awesome! I wanted to go with the Saline as well but my doctor suggested the gummy bear because of less chance of rippling showing up. I can't get over how great yours look. I'm so excited to get mine :) I'm kind of worried about losing the cc's. I'm glad she's going with the 325 now instead of 310!
Thanks girl. I have to tell you my husband want so such about me getting them either. He loves my little boobs however he really loves my new ones and since I didn't go huge or even to big for my frame I catch him checking me out all the time. I was worried about rippling too but have none. Go for the 325 you will love it.
I understand if you're not comfortable answering this question, but how much is the augmentation going to cost? Do they have financing available or do they prefer up front payment? I'm considering going to Dr. Cluett as well and want to be prepared so I'm not disappointed!
My augmentation will cost a total of $8787.00. ($7687.00 covers surgical, anesthesia and cohesive gel implant fee, and $1100.00 covers the hospital fee). You can register online for a Medicard, this will pay the costs up front for you and you can pay it back. I am pretty sure it is interest free! If you don't get accepted for the Medicard, you have to make a draft check payable to dr. Joy cluett at least one week before the surgery and you have to pay the hospital utilization fee prior to your surgery at the cashiers office. I'm pretty sure she does her surgeries at the health science
I believe the saline filled implants are cheaper than the cohesive gel but she thought the cohesive gel would be better for me
Thanks for the info! I'll look into the Medicard.
You're welcome! Good luck!!! :)
Hey! I'm from NL too and have been looking into getting a BA. How was Dr. Cluett so far? Has she shown you any of her work on other people? Did you need to get a dr referral after?
She has been good so far! At my first consultation she measured me and told me where she will be making the incision and what size would look good on me... I didn't ask her if I could see any of her work but I am planning on doing it at my next consult. I am also hoping I can get some sizers to try on as well :) I did get a referral from my doctor which means I don't have to pay for my consultations for a year! I would definitely get one if I were you! If not I would have to pay $100 for a consult. I hope this helps :)
Okay, thanks! Did you just tell your doctor you wanted a breast augmentation and he/she gave you a referral? How many consultations do you need before the surgery?
Yes, I was after making the appointment with dr.cluett myself, then I asked my family doctor for a referral so my consultation would be free. He sent the referral letter in himself. I had two consultations and next is my surgery, however, she told me if I have any more questions to ask before my surgery, I can book another consult. She was so great yesterday! Answering all of my questions before I even had to ask :)
I'm glad to hear! Keep us posted on how it goes! What is the number you used to book the consultation? Ive called the one listed online and left a message but have not heard back yet.
Love. Love. Love. I'm so happy for you, and can't wait to see how everything goes! I breastfed two kids as well, and I can relate to everything you are feeling - I think you will be thrilled. Keep us posted!
I never thought I would consider breast implants, was never opposed to it, just never figured it would be for me. I have breastfed 2 children also, seems to be the magic number...and am now considering saline implants. I have a fair amount of volume, but sag. I think I look fine in a bra, but in a bathing suit I am self conscious. We have a pool and hot tub, so bathing suit season is all year. I too notice the way my husband looks at full boobs. He has always liked boobs...lol. I am just nervous about the complications, and wondering if it is worth it or not for me. So much to think about.....
I agree, there is so much to think about! www.implantinfo.com is an awesome website, I learned a lot from it and you can search BA pictures by typing in your age, height and/or weight. You can also look up before and after cup /cc sizes. That site along with this one are my favorite :) very informative

Glad you're back and you found a surgeon. You can make your own rice sizers at home if you want to experiment a bit with size. Please be sure to let us know how your next consult goes.

How do I measure out the rice? I tried using 330ml for 330cc and it looked so small.. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right

One cup of rice is equal to 250 cc's. Add another 1/4 cup for a total of 325 cc's. This size might appear small on your body frame depending up your stats and the look you're trying to achieve. Perhaps post some "goal wish boob" photos so we can better advise you. What I'm sure you're disappointed about postponing your surgery until May, but I think your wise to not rush into surgery.

I am also thinking about getting mine done.. After breastfeeding 2 kids , they are deflated and out of shape lol... I'm also from Newfoundland and was researching doctors that do them... How did you find your doctor here?