Still Having Pain 3 Weeks Post-op

Hi, I was just wondering if there was anyone out...

Hi, I was just wondering if there was anyone out there who is 3 weeks post-op and still having pain and discomfort? I had mine done on 2/10 and did so well the first week. I was taking pain meds of course, but was getting around rather well. The second week got a little harder after I stopped taking the narcotics, and this 3rd week is still hard. I feel like I'm getting nerve pains on & off in different places on my abdomen. Almost like stinging pains; like my skin is being pulled. Has anyone felt this? I know that the healing from the surgery is not overnight and it takes a while, so I was prepared to be uncomfortable for a while. I am still glad that I did it -- my stomach looks so much better than before [having had 7 lb. twins ea. 3 years ago].

Just wanted to see if anyone else out there was having this kind of discomfort at nearly 3 weeks post-op.

Thanks!

Hi- I am 6 months post op. (2011) I am still experiencing pain and stinging on my right side! Will this ever end? I did not experience very much pain or discomfort with my breast reduction and lift. (Maybe 4 days, with my breast reduction.) I had both tummy tuck and breast reduction and lift at the same time. If I had to do it over again, I would not have gotten the tummy tuck. Is anyone else experiencing pain and stinging after 6 months? Please help!!! Sincerely.
Oops new on this site and I just realized your post is a year old. Hope your recovery went well :)
I am 25 days post op 2nd time around and have also experienced the sharp pains... I stopped taking all pain meds day 8 and by approx. day 14 I had to start taking half a pill to sleep bc at night the sharp, stinging pains get worse... I didn't experience this the first time around so I think it may have to do with the muscle repair that is normally done in standard abdominoplasty and after doing some research it's definitely from the liposuction I got also. Don't worry, be strong, the pain and swelling will subside and you will heal, scars will fade, just give your body time.
Im three weeks today my ps had to tap fluid last week from my abd. Im very swollen and hard right now going to ps tomorrow this is very uncomfortable. I was a size 3 pre op now Im a 7. I think Im regretting this tummy tuck. Someone please give me some hope....please
hi its me again just back from the hospital have to go back again monday night to see why my tummy is stll swollen bad but now its brick hard its been 2 weeks now and still in pain i look pregnant
has anyones stomach been really badly swollen and you fel you have pulled a stich im in real pain just now 6 days after my opp
I had a tummy tuck 2/20/09 and I didn't have to take pain meds at all, but now 3 wks later I'm getting like stinging pain which is normal I know, but does anyone is the feeling of the skin pulling after eating. And sometimes my tummy gets really hard. And when could we stand up straight the md told me at least a month, but my back really hurts.
Yes, it takes time for tummy tuck patients to be completely back to normal (sometimes months). The pain and discomfort will improve with time but it will most likely take 1-2 months to feel completely better. Keep your good attitude and look to the future. You will be happy when summer comes along.
Hey.. I am 8 weeks out. The pains are less overall but I have one spot on my side (left of my BB) that tends to sting, burn and pull. I was checked and am fine, just part of the scar tissue forming, sutures inside healing and the nerves coming back to life he said. I do have some swelling from day to day that is supposed to subside with time as well. I am so happy with my tummy though...its worth it.
Angeella, Just wondering how the tummy tuck is now. I am 8 weeks right now and I am in a lot of pain above my belly button. I am just wondering if your pain went away and if you are less swollen. I feel like I am never going to get better. I just got my belly button re-sewed because the stitches popped. Let me know please!
Hey! My surgery was on 1/23 and I had stinging pains if I reached for something quickly or sat the wrong way. I'm still a bit numb in the middle of my tummy but have noticed that as the feeling is returning, I sometimes get a bit of a sting here or there. My surgeon said it was normal. The same sort of stinging happened to me a few years ago when I accidentally cut my hand and the nerves in my pinky finger. As the feeling came back, I had sudden twinges of pain like stinging but it went away. Now at 5 weeks, I haven't experienced it again. Fingers crossed. Good Luck.
Hj My surgery waas feb. 5 and I get those pains as well. I was told it was normal. I'm almost 4 weeks and sometimes feel great and other times its hard to do things. My tummy is also numb especially right down the center. I have my binder on really tight. Does anyone know if you should have it tight or loose? Take care
You should wear your compression garment tight. I know because I would always complain and ask if I could wear a bigger size. I stayed at a recovery retreat so I had help putting it on after my showers and I hated how tight it was. It's for the best though.
hey thanks.