Second round of Cellulaze, waiting for visible results...again.

I'm 27 and have had (in my opinion) had...

I'm 27 and have had (in my opinion) had relativley severe cellulite on my inner thighs right above my knees since the age of about 12. I have always been in good shape and even instruct spin classes. In the past 3 years I have put on some weight due to a hormonal imbalance and this made my cellulite even worse. It is such a major flaw in my eyes, that I refuse to wear anything that even goes 1/2 an inch above my knees. For years I have said - how is there no fix for cellulite? And if therre ever is one I am going to have to give it a try. Besides all the creams and potions I have tried I also gave VelaShape a try with ZERO results, so when I heard about Cellulaze I was a bit skeptical. I have since read all the reviews on this site and done research about how this procedure is done and I knew I had to give it a try. Also since I'm "going under the laser" I decided to also get Smart Lipo on my arms and back, in addition to doing my inner and outer thighs with the cellulaze. I'm excited and nervous to have this done, but I'm mostly worried that I will see no or very minimal result. After all these years of wishing and hoping for a fix I really hope this gives me the confidence I deserve when showing my legs.

I get my surgery in one week and I will upload before and after pics so my results can be monitored - FINGERS CROSSED this works....

Just a little update - I told my boyfriend that he...

Just a little update - I told my boyfriend that he has to take pics of me later so we can do a before and after and way after lol.
Also, I see a lot of people asking about vitamins to assist with the healing process so I wanted to give you the regimine I'm on.
At the Dr's office they gave me (sold me) a vitamin called Cataplex A-C and I was told to take 2 tablets after a meal 3 times a day starting 2 weeks before surgery. I was also given a vile with Arnica Montana - they are tiny little guys and you aren't suposed to touch them since they will lose potency - I am to start those on Sunday (3 day's before the proceedure) I have to disolve 5 pellets in my mouth with a meal 3x's a day. I also bought Bromiline (pineapple extract) and Arnica gel which I was told to start after the surgery. The doctor also mentioned that taking Ester-C would be helpful for the healing process, but I feel like Im taking enough at this point :) - I hope that helps those of you who have questions.

Ok everyone...I got the procedure done...

Ok everyone...I got the procedure done yesterday!!!!!! I ate a small breakfast and took my antibiotic at 7am and my apointment was at 10. I was told to take my xanax when I got in and I was brought into the back about 15 mins later. The PA brought me in back to change and then I went to the operating area. I was a little woozy from the Xanax (and the fact that I didnt slep a wink the night before) and he started marking me. That was actually a good experience because he allowed me to to assist in showing him the areas to mark, that made me feel much more comfortable and in control. I should mentions he was also doing smartlipo on my arms and back. He decided to do the cellulaze on my thighs (inner and outer) first. Now here is a bit of info that im not sure anyone else mentioned - the way in which they give you the numbing medications is SOOO PAINFUL!!!!! I didnt take any pain meds prior to the proceedure, just the xanax - I would advise you to take something becaue it really did hurt. Once that is over though, you are numb. I didnt feel the legs but once or twice and those times I let Dr. Decarato know - he was super responsive and gave me more numbing meds. then we did my back. This required me to roll over putting pressure on my freshly Cellulazed legs - not good. I dont think my Dr. realized that it would be an issue but omg by the time he was done with my arms and back I was litterally SHAKING in pain - it was awful. He said he had never seen this reaction before though, so please dont let it discourage you. He gave me to Percocets and I was dressed up in my compression garment and went home. I got home at 1pm and I was out like a light until 5. My boyfriend made me a sanwich I took 2 of the vicoden I was prescribed (thank GOD) and went back to bed. Today I'm sore but I feel great other than that - I am super excited to see results :) Oh also - yes I leaked a ton, before I left the Dr's office they gave me some pads to put down - all last night I was soaked but I seem to have stoped leaking today. I will post the before pics today.

Ok added my before pics (EK!)

Ok added my before pics (EK!)

It has been almost 3 months now and I am unhappy...

It has been almost 3 months now and I am unhappy with my absolute lack of results - not only that but i see dimples that werent even there before and I still have what looks like brusing in some spots. As far as the smart lipo goes I only see a difference in my back but no difference what so ever on my arms, I measured them before and every few weeks after and no change AT ALL- I still have pain and one of my scars is extremely dark and looks like a tattoo...I will post update pics soonish so you can see for yourselves, but I would NOT recomend going through the pain of this surgery and spending this type of money....I feel gyped and frustrated. I litterally could have flushed 12 grand down the toilet....at least then I wouldnt have had to go through the process of the surgery and healing and now I feel like it was all a waste. It's very upseting because I had hopes, not high ones but hopes that I would see some result. I am crying over this.

I go back for my 3 month checkup on the 12th and I will let you know what the doctor says.

So it's been 6 months and I went to Dr. Decorato...

So it's been 6 months and I went to Dr. Decorato yesterday for my checkup and he is going to redo everything. Now while that is great since I dont have results, I really dont want to go through the pain and discomfort again. I will, but I dont want to...ugh. Anyway, let me tell you how everything is feeling in terms of the healing process...I am pretty much back to normal at this point, the numbness is gone and the discoloration I experienced is pretty much undetectable. The lumpiness (that I got from smartlipo) went away after the 1st month so if that happens to you let your doc know and massage the area - it should dissapate. My legs are a bit more sensitive but other than that I feel fine. I do hope this second round produces some visable results...I'll be damned if I can't wear shorts this summer!

Sooo I had the proceedure done again. Nothing...

Sooo I had the proceedure done again. Nothing more to really update thus far since Im still bruised and swollen (had the surgery 3 days ago) it was still painful but the bruising isnt AS bad as lat time. I will let you know how things start looking as I heal again.

it has now been a year and a half since my last procedure and I'm scarred for life

I am covered in what Dr. Decorato called "modeling" which he said the company behind Cellulaze was unaware of as a side effect and should "go away on it's own". Right. Basically modeling is discoloration all over the areas that I had the procedure done. Also, I still have a ton of awful cellulite. All of that money wasted. I feel duped and I have tried to reach out to my doctor numerous times at this point to no avail...I can never show my legs again. When I get out of the shower and look at them I cry because it's horrible. The amount of pain (and numbness I still feel) was wholly not worth this and it causes me so much emotional pain - I should never spent the money. I wish my Dr. would have been more honest about results because I would have never put myself through this (and certainly not TWICE!!) I also still have lots of scars from the incisions. What a nightmare.

At this point I am really wondering if it would be worth it to speak with a malpractice lawyer?...Have any of you?
New York Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Decorato was great - he answered all my questions and explained everything as it was being done. Once I went home I had a few more questions and even though he was no longer in the office he called me within 10 mins to make sure I was feeling ok (I was in pain when I left) and to answer my questions. One of the days I went it I did wait a really long time, but my apointment was later in the day so I would say the earlier you go in the quicker you will be seen - otherwise be prepaired for a wait. The staff is all very sweet as well.

Cellulaze is a scam.. Horrible procedure that absolutely does not work
Cellulaze is a waste of everything time, money,pain , suffering and your self-esteem that hurts you your family your wallet the mis:( akers of this product should be ashamed of themselves and the doctors who marketed and sell this literally experimental treatment to vulnerable woman should stop it. 2 years later and repeated procedures I still have cellulite and nor discoloration, scars, strange numbness and tingling in the areas treated and lumps under the skin . Don't forget the bank account now Gone and the time Off from work to recover, they down play the recovery and downtime when selling the procedure, buyer beware if you want to spend the money take a nice vacation instead. make some memories NOT A LOT of pain and regrets for yourself :)
Couldn't have said it better myself
Who does lipo twice after 3 months? You're swelling hasn't even fully subsided until 6 months. He's a strange doctor.
I had a small amount of lipo with my second surgery. I now had three cellulaze procedures and some lipo to remove some fat that had fallen to the bottom of my thighs. I ended up with a lump on one thigh and it is a year after my third surgery and my legs look ten times worse than before. never ever have this surgery. I am scarred for life, and now in pain also.

I saw that ReeGee's posting got trapped wayyyy down the line from March 23 2013. Take your time and scroll down to find it, if you are considering this procedure. I am also considering cellulaze, but am concerned not only to have no results (which is horrible for the price), but to have WORSE results, as I am starting to read more posts.

I was told you can not do cellulaze on front of thighs because the skin on the thighs over lap the knees and it will not have good results.

Hoping you are seeing some results now!! Please update us, there are now a bunch of us on round #2!! 7wks out redo myself, still swollen and lumpier then first time, discoloration still evident. Hoping to wear shorts this summer!!
Hi LaLa! Just wondering how the cellulite is looking now that it has been 3 months since your second procedure? Really hoping you have good results. Please share with us if you are seeing any improvement or not. Best wishes.

So, La La, How are you feeling and how are your legs looking. I have the same issue and I have been weightlifting for years. Would love to know that there is a miracle finally. I'm really concerned about scarring if any on the legs from Cellulaze and just how much of the cellulite is visible after. Hope you are healing well!

LaLa, how are you feeling? I know it's not been quite a month but I am really curious because I'm thinking about havig the procedure. I would love an update.

I thought cellulite was the misfortune of the female body, predominantly, and that the few males that do get cellulite get it in very mild/unnoticeable form. Just curious, if you don't mind me asking.

LaLa, Good luck, sweetie. Keeping fingers crossed for you.
thank you!

I'm glad to hear the 2nd treatment went well for you. Please, please keep us posted. I, and I'm sure many others, are very curious to hear if this makes a good change for you or not. I'm really hoping it does - you certainly deserve it after going through it twice!!

I'll certainly keep you all posted.
I am sorry to hear that you will have to have the surgeries repeated but I am glad that, at least, your Dr is going to re-do everything. Perhaps he has to re-do your Cellulaze because you got the procedure done when it first became available and he didn't have that much experience (I notice his other early patient on here - "Ree Gee" - also had to have her procedure repeated before she saw any results); however, it is a bit odd that he has to re-do your arm liposuction - undoubtedly he has many years of experience performing lipo having practiced plastic surgery for nearly 2 decades. I am a bit distressed on your behalf but I am glad that your doctor is setting things right by re-doing everything. Hang in there - when you are able to wear shorts in the summer of 2013, it will all be worth it! Best wishes.
thank you so much for your concern and support...I hope you're right :)
I had cellulaze done on the front, back and butt area on May 29th. I kept my compression garment on for 2 months, all the time. Can someone answer the question as to why I'm still discolored on the front of my legs. Plus I now have spider veins on my front leg in one area where there were none before. The cellulite on the butt and back of legs look a little better, but the front looks worse than before. This brakes my heart. It's been 4 months!!!
I wish you be able to wear whatever you want to wear as soon as possible. Good luck!!!

Hi Lala!  Thanks for sharing your story.  Do you feel comfortable posting pics of your inner thighs to show the results currently?

My goodness, I'm so sorry to hear this is what you are seeing. Though probably a reach, we do need to keep in mind 3-6 months is the time frame given to see results...perhaps there is still time for good improvement(?).

Yup and I'm sure that's what my doctor will say too - so here's to wishful thinking!
I'm 2.5 months out from my procedure. I feel the same way you do. I'll need to see before and after photos at 6 months to best gauge improvements (if any). And a VERY long healing phase. Parts of my legs are still numb. The itching is INSANE (10 weeks later? Why did no one mention *that*. And my thighs are discolored due to deep, mottled underlying bruising. I'm sorry to hear your experience has been similar.
yup I'm in the same boat...yea, not sure why no one mentioned the itching - it's gross!!