Never Get Sculptra - Stateline, NV

I wanted to look younger...that was my motivation....

I wanted to look younger...that was my motivation. Turning 60 was around the corner and I felt gaunt and unattractive and the doctor played right into my insecurities. I never really noticed much of a difference anyway afterwards. Never go see this doctor and never get Sculptra. My procedure was 2 years ago and I've had one huge bump removed from my chin and there are now at least 5 more. The one that was removed (by a different dermatologist) was the size of a pencil eraser. They keep growing and must be removed. The doctor said he had the procedure done on his face and yes he had bumps but said they were no big deal and I was foolish enough to listen to him and trust him. I also looked like someone beat me up I was so bruised and swollen afterwards. I'll never inject anything else ever into my face. I regret the day I ever walked into his office. I should have ran when I saw all the plastic surgery he had done on his face. Big warning. Zero aftercare too. He said no second checkup was necessary. I called months later with concerns about the bumps and was told to massage them by the nurse. No more contact with him. Thanks, now I will have small scars on my face to remind me how much I regret ever walking into that office.

Update in July 2014

I won't have any updates until July 2014 when I see another doctor.

More bumps removed

Well a few months ago I had 2 more bumps removed from my chin. My scars are small and I try to use makeup to cover them. I saw what the bumps looked like - like gravel from the road. This product should be banned.
Dr. Sean Degan

Dr. Sean Degnan, Stateline, NV Never walk into this office if you are visiting or living in South Lake Tahoe. And never have Sculptra.

I feel for you. I also had several lumps that went away after treatment. However, six months on, I'm very ill with autoimmune problems - aching joints, red running eyes, fatigue, nervous system problems etc. I was healthy before Sculptra, so I can't think of anything else it could be. So please be thankful you don't have these side effects along with your lumps. Good luck and please keep us updated.
I'm so sorry you are still dealing with bumps!  I hope you find support in our Community.  Thanks for sharing your story on RealSelf.
I'm so sorry. Sculptra is HORRIBLE. I experienced major swelling and I had one vial!! That's stuff is horrible. My face doesn't look beautiful either. Wish I never got that garbage. I'm so sorry. How many vials did you take?
I only had one vial...thank God! I can't imagine women subject themselves to 3 vials over a period of time.
Linnea923 - it is kind of like fate that you posted on my breast fat transfer because it caused me to look at your profile...The next thing I was going to do was sculptra...I have kind of taken that off my plate since reading of your experience... Another thing I have been considering is puting a little fat in my face at the time of my breast augmentation... My problem is that I don't really need a face lift...I have actual caves in my face under my cheek bones that make a projected circle around my mouth look panda shaped. It is completely loss of volume. I have one week to decide...
Please don't do sculptra. Many, many women end up with lumps. I regret that procedure every day. I am sure it has helped some gain fullness but I think it is risky. I believe it was initially for AIDS patients who lost enormous weight to give their faces fullness. I hope now you are reading all the sculptra comments and make a wise decision.