Ultimate Breast Lift (no vertical scars) with Dr. Horndeski - Stafford, TX (no implants))

I was concerned about if this could work on me. I...

I was concerned about if this could work on me. I am 40+ with dark skin and Hypo-tropic scarring issues. Initially we thought I may have been a candidate for a mini ubl, but once I went to get fitted for a bra at 3 different places(Dillards, Sonma,& Intimacy) I found that I was measuring as 32-34 G cup or DDD. Yet I had been wearing 36 DD, I was the wrong bra size obviously. I contacted them via email to see if I could have the procedure done on Feb 1st and they did make arrangements to squeeze me in.

I then contacted my primary doctor and made an appointment for blood work, UA, EKG and request a copy of Mammogram to be sent to Dr. H asap. Got the results back and was clear to have the full UBL.

Contacted Staybridge hotel and book a room (1 bedroom King Suite w/kitchen) for 5 nights. Purchase 6 bras on clearance from Nordstroms Rack (delighted to find my size). Then went shopping to find button down shirts to accommodated the drains and the fact that lifting my hands/arms above my head would not be allowed within the first 4 weeks.

Feb1 Day 1:
Get up and go to Dr. H's office to confirm what we are doing and how the procedure will be handled. He was very nice and yes he may talk fast for people that are not from the east coast, but I understood everything he said. Once we got done speaking my hubby handled the bill and then we went across the parking lot to the surgical center. We checked in and got prepped for surgery at 11 AM and I think we got started by noon. The time is fuzzydue to the sedation.

Work up sore and probably complaining about pain because it was painful. They gave me something and then I only remember waking up in the bed at the hotel.

My husband was excellent at draining the fluids over the next 72 hours post-op. I looked in the mirror the next morning and found I was swollen, my hands, feet and belly. I pretty much rested the entire day and loaded up on muscle relaxers & pain pills. Could those 22 saltine crackers have anything to do with that??? on to the next topic.

32 hours post op he and the PA came by the hotel to check on me and to remove the chest cast, so I could put the under wire bra on. We tryed on a couple and Elisa felt that the Chantelle Bras (http://www.herroom.com/chantelle,bras,support,cha001,001,186,24.html) would be best for me to start out in. Now this was for my shape and size of course.

Day 3
I am looking in the mirror as I get out of the shower and question was the best decision, because my breast looks deformed and much smaller. I did not have implants only a lift. I know what I see now is the swelling and really I can already tell that I have some relief of back pain. To soon for me to judge what I feel at this time.
They spoke with me an said thing will fall into place just have to give it time.

Day 5
Well ladies let me suggest you make sure to use a stool softener while taking the meds, because after five days on meds, my lower intestines said no to releasing waste. I then got senkot and prayed that would help. Also prior to him releasing me to go home, I told him that I could hear squishy water sounds in my right upper breast area the night before, But of course I could not produce the sounds on command during my follow up visit. We visit with him and he tells us we can go home because that things were looking good so it was ok for us to head back to North Texas.

Day 6
I am stressing out about this fluid retention in my right breast area, only because I have drains in still but the fluid is not moving as fast as it was in the left breast. I sent a video to them asking what should I do to counter a possible seroma, hopefully I will get word back in the morning and keep you guys posted.

I may have to go back to Houston for a day trip to get this matter resolved.
Will keep everyone posted.

Feb 10th 2013 (10 days post op) I am not sure if...

Feb 10th 2013 (10 days post op)
I am not sure if it me or what but I feel like I am having hot flashes at night. What in the world is that about? Yes I am over forty, so maybe that is what is the deal. We went to the Mall yesterday to look for some button down blouses for me to were and I got exhausted pretty fast so I grabbed four items rang them up and went home. I think I should still take is easy, I was not able to try the clothing on without my husbands help, so we waited until we got home. I purchase a few Kensie Hoodie dresses and they worked best for me with the zipper.
I am still taking the Antibiotics and I will be so happy to be of those. My GI tract is getting back to normal and I am not as bloated. Ladies please please adhere to the other comments about constipation, even if you have never had issues before, better to softener prior to surgery. Think twice about that steak or heavy meal the day before also. Drink water and stay hydrated the week prior to and proceeding surgery. You will be glad you did and sad if you don't. I did not heed the advice and it took me the regular girl 6 days to get "back on track". I think the muscle relaxers and pain pills put our intestinal track in some type of stoic state and it seems to shut down. Just eat healthy meals that are easy to digest and things should be fine.
There is still limited movement in my ability to move my arms in the upward position. I took for granted how high a glass in the cupboard really is, so I have been having the family to leave dishes out on the cabinet so I do not cause extra strain on my healing tissues.
Showers are a blast, but thank God for hubby's that don't mind washing your back and shoulders...somehow I think they may like this task. It take me a long time to shower because I am not able to move those arms as fast, plus I really am taking extra caution in rinsing off all the soap. My left nipple is healing different than the right one, seem to be more swollen. I have sensation in the nipples, but the breast still feel a tab bit numb and very hard still. I enjoy the shower and take my time because this is more time out of that bra. Wearing a bra 24/7 is so annoying, maybe its because it is under-wire, or perhaps I just hate wearing the thing all the time. Whatever the case may be I am going to follow the rule and pray that the final outcome in over the next few months will yield the result I so desire. I think the last time I posted I was complaining about fluid in upper pole area of my right breast and I still have it. I went to purchase the Arnica Pills & Cream to help with inflammation, I have used these in the past and they do work. While shopping I found this lotion called Indian Hemp & Haitian Vetiver with Neem Oil for Anti-Inflammatory, Moisturizing and Healing. I have been using it as soon after I get out of the shower and I can tell a difference in the nipple dryness and perhaps it will help with the inflammation also. Every day for 10 minutes I have been using this solid brass balloon ( that my daughter made in sculptor class) to lay on the spot where I hear the water sound. It seems like it helps and that the fluid may be decreasing in that area. Of course the doctor would suggest this would happen regardless of my tactics, but the mind is the best healer of our bodies.
My back is feeling GREAT! Like I am so serious, this is wonderful and unless you have back pain, you cannot imagine what a joy it is to not have any. My tummy is still swollen or something so I am ready to hit that gym hard, I have been eating and snacking on horrible things and not working out so I have gained at least 5 lbs, that okay because I know I can work that off in a week or two.
Sleepy in the recliner and it is not really good sleep, but some is better than none.

Feb 14th I am 14 days Post- Op and the fluid I...

Feb 14th
I am 14 days Post- Op and the fluid I had in the upper right area of my breast is all but gone. Elisa contacted me today to check on me and request that I send them photos of my progress. I will send them in the morning and post those to the site also.

Feb 16th (16 days PO) I got in trouble today with...

Feb 16th (16 days PO)
I got in trouble today with Elisa, yes I have been a non-compliant patient. Most of that has to do with my impatience in regards to healing. I understand that we all will have our own unique experiences that are specific to us. Unfortunately due to my innate desire to heal without issues I read everything I can find out issues that had occurred and that could occur and try to prevent them.
I no a NO NO upon discharge from the doctor and it needs to be detailed specific otherwise...I just might try it.
Elisa warned me that that behavior is exactly how the risk of post surgical complications can manifest into serious problems.
I do not want any problems nor do I want others reading my post to experience issues.
Okay so lets talk about the visual esthetics of my breast thus far. I am not liking those protruding sides at the bottom of my breast. So after sharing my concerns and "asking".....Elisa nicely if it was okay for me to purchase those silicone breast lift pads to see it that will help yield some better shaping result. To my delight she said "YES".
Like Wonder Women ( who just had surgery 16 days ago). I ran ( not really) down stairs and ask my husband to accompany me to the mall to get these pads. Reluctantly he took me and we got the pads and I will see if I can post the video of my insertion.
Basically I wore them for 8 hours and took them out. I will try to sleep in them another night.

Feb 18th is 18 day post op and today was a ruff...

Feb 18th is 18 day post op and today was a ruff day for tenderness under my armpit areas and back. I purchased a new bra yesterday from the Maddox Shop in Dallas it is a specialty shop and they work with women who need custom bras as well as women who need to be fitted for breast prosthesis. The fitting took 2 hours and they took a bra and pinned it, trimmed it and tailored it to fit me and help with this molding process.
I went to a foot spa and got the best foot massage ever, it was so good. I left from there and went to the grocery store to get some healthy snacks. By the time I got home I was beyond exhausted, so my son and his friends grab the 10 bags and put everything away.
The new bra I purchased was starting to take its toll so I asked my hubby to help me out of it. When I took it off I notice to unpleasant opening along both incisions. This is not cool but my fault because I really am doiing too much. I will post those photos later. Right now my eyes are crossing.

Today (19 days PO) was a learning experience and...

Today (19 days PO) was a learning experience and let me say this to those of you whom are like me, stop trying to rush the process. Okay so my breast tissue has been red and inflammed thanks to my bright idea about using Neosporin. I went to my primary care doctor and my CS Dr. Nathan Long and they both said, if it was not on the post op to try them that means do not try things. Needless to say I will be asking Elisa or Jana to add this to the post op instruction of things not do. My breast looked like flames where on them today. I did not take photos today because I was exhausted from running around. I got some kelfax( oral antibiotic), Naproxen ( anti inflammatory) and my Adipex P ( metabolism augmentor). The weight gain is a no no for me so back on the Adipex P. Love it! Works for me and I always drop 10 -12 lbs my first week when I take it. Yippe the joy.
I go back to my former CS Dr. Nathan Long so he can check on me to make sure I am doing better today. He said the only way to check to see if I have a seroma is to xray or just take that needle and stick it in to test. I will pass on that.
He was extremely impressed with DR. H's work and told me to just relax and let nature heal my body. Slow down and embrace these moments from the peaceful aspect. I am doing that starting today. So off to sleep I go and will update you soon.

23 days PO and looks like I am having a few issue...

23 days PO and looks like I am having a few issue with my incisions healing, so off I go to Dr. H and Elisa in the morning.I am jumping on the plan because they want to make sure this redness and not the seeping yellowish goo is handled properly. I am back on Bactrium which gives me major headaches and Amoxicillin for the next 15 days. I am still experiencing tightness and tenderness in the under arm areas too. I must go off the dreamland so I can let these cell work together so I can heal.
I have video and pics but I think that might be a little to icky to post.

Well I flew down to Houston this morning to meet...

Well I flew down to Houston this morning to meet with Dr. H and Elisa because they where concerned with the redness, shiny skin and drainage from the open wound on both of my breast. They did not dare tell me the scary fact that if he thought this was a worst infection..........(long pause and gulp) they were going to open that incision up and clean the area out right there on the spot. I WAS LIKE WHAT!!! The water works were whaling up ready to flow if he said that was the solution to the problem. However Dr. H push, polked, mushed and asked me if I had pain ect. He determined that we would wait another week of me taking the antibiotic, because he did not think it was anything serious BUT if it does not clear up in a week then back to the KNIFE noooooooooo. He prescribed a cream for me to apply 3 times daily Silver Sulfadiazine to help with redness and then I am to cleaning the wound with saline wound cleaner then applying betadine to the wounds and cover them with gauze that pulls the bad stuff from the wound (I get them wet in the shower to remove them, so as to not pull the healing skin)
Me and this infection are about to go to war immediately. I am going to hit the Vitamin C hard and the Zinc. I will go on and post the icky pics.
O yeah and my shape is still somewhat square and prior to me having this inflammation I was wearing those silicon push up pads to help round those bottoms out. So now that I got the clearance to wear them cover with gauze, they are back in.

As of today I am exactly 50 days post op and I am...

As of today I am exactly 50 days post op and I am still healing. The wound is starting to close. Of course I pack it like crazy 4 times a day with the wet to dry saline water method. It has really help with drying this thing out. The redness is still on both breast and during my visit to Nebraska my moms peer who is a Infectious disease doctor eliminated the diagnosis of me have cellulitis on both of my breast. She think is has more to do with the lymph drainage problem and according to her Antibiotics will not resolve the matter. I went have a lymphatic drainage massage today and acupuncture. We shall see if I have any improvement of the next few weeks.

66 Days Post Op- So I have been getting weekly...

66 Days Post Op-
So I have been getting weekly reflexology and acupressure. It has helped alot. I still have swelling in the right breast more than the left. It is starting to go down. My wounds have healed and I cannot tell you how happy I am about that. The shape is not what I want, but I am optimistic that they will change over the next 4 weeks. I predict a revision on those protruding sides. I have not been in the gym, but this week I am going to start with moderate to intense lower body and take it easy on the upper body. I am still very tight in the right breast and armpit area.
My plan is to go down to Houston this week or next to do a follow up. I will post my updates soon.

7 1/2 Months still healing

My journey had been long and that has to do with my expectations vs the current results, in addition to biology.
I wanted my breast to look exactly like the photos I showed him of other breast. They do not look like that and the truth is mines will never look like that. They still have this triangular shape. I dont care how much you tell me that they look ok....I did not want okay I wanted them to be even and not have these protruding sides. It looks strange in a blouse without a bra.
Dr. H has offered to do revision surgery on me. I dont have the time nor desire to go back under the knife and spend another 6 months trying to heal.
My results obviously are not typical but they are an example of what 7 months look like.
I still have tightness in my right breast plate and tissue. It is getting better.
I really havent been taking photos or posting much, due to my busy schedule.

If you go to seamstress with a dress made of a cotton an spadex blend to have alterations...

If she tells you "Yes" I can make alter that dress to make and make it look exactly like this photo in the magazine. You trust that she can do this because you have seen her website of her examples and you feel that although she make be more expensive she is able to replicate with precision.
What would you think once you got the dress back and put it on and found that it was not what you expected and she tells you that it have nothing to do with her work it has to do with your body shape and how spandex stretches differently on different people? Then she goes on to tell you to look at how the dress hung off of you before the alterations, and how much better it fits after her work. In addition to that she explains how your body shape is the issue not her alterations.
Most people lack the ability to deal with confrontational conversations so they just figure out way to mentally swallow the chastisement from the designer (seamstress). I refuse to accept the reason that one areola is higher than the other has something to so with my post op care. What the deal with the triagular shape?
Listen when we build, cut, shape any material we know that it will yeild a certain result. For instance try building a house with a basement in Irving Texas that you saw in Denver Colorado. That house would shift and cave in within months because the ground is clay in Irving and would crush that basement.
Our bodies are different and we all heal different, however the deal is that the doctor must know this in advance and share it with you before you make a decision to do ANY life altering procedure.
Make sure you do your research and ask you doctor about the bad outcomes and why they happened and pay close attention to if he/she is defensive in the explanation.
Remember there are some mistakes that cost more than money....
Texas Plastic Surgeon

My goal was to find a doctor who could do a breast lift without the vertical scars and during my search I found only 3 doctors who may be able to achieve this. Dr.H just happens to be within driving distance for me, so I made an appointment and we had our skype session and communication via email with him and his PA Elisa.

omg….OMG OMG OMG I was so set on this Doctor until I came across this post. I think I'll PASS! MANY THANKS FOR YOUR POST!
Sorry about your surgical outcome but I came across a few bad reviews with this doctor. I hope people are reading and thanks for sharing. Its really helps other rs sisters in making a wise decision in choosing doctors.
I am sorry you are not happy with your UBL from Dr. Horndeski. I am a seamstress and I was very skeptical about a breast lift without a vertical scar. This is because you are working with a spherical shaped breast and you have to make certain cuts (incisions) to accommodate the natural shape of the breast. So sorry for you.
Just found your review---You found 3 docs who do bl w/out vertical? Do you remember their names? Or the names of their practices?
And is there any update on your recovery? How do you feel now?
http://drturowski.com , http://www.kungplasticsurgery.com and the other was in Germany.
Yes I will be doing a video update and entry soon. I need revisions on both sides. I just honestly do not have time.
Thanks for info.
Thanks for your post, as I was considering a lift after my BBL heals. I'm really sorry to see that you've gone through this ordeal, thanks for sharing your journey.
Well my journey my not be typical, there are those who look great. He has offered to correct the dog ears. Its just one of those things that requires time and proper post op care. As noted in my updates, Im a busybody with little downtime to spare. Thank you for your concern.
Im so sorry youre going thru this. I hope he does something to resolve the issue instead of just passing the buck. Prayers sent up for you.... Brava to your dress analogy; love to read well written work!
The thing is he has offered to do the revisions and I am just concerned about the healing process and I would need to start over with the scars. Thank you for your kind words and Prayers, I receive them with joy.
I'm sorry you've been through this. That's the most insulting thing, them saying 'oh they look okay to us'. One, they would say that and they are hoping you'll 'go quietly' and two, who pays 9 THOUSAND DOLLARS (plus however much else you've spent on the infections, meds travel etc) to look okay?! You wanted one thing. You didn't get it. And now they are trying to blame you? Did you sew those dog ears up yourself then? Is it just the way the pics look or is your infra mammary incision not actually in the gold but on the breast itself? The reviews for this dr are getting worse and he's had some legal issues too, allegedly. I hope you can get everything you want without all this pain and cost over again. I wish you luck!
I can't be upset about it, I must move forward in a positive manner. There are risky associated with any procedure and of course we never think to ask about the worst case scenarios pics. Because we never anticipate that we may be the one with any issues or complications. My dog ears are still here hanging around, I will eventually get pics posted.
Hey girl! Sorry you're goin through all of this. I just wanted to say that I think you're breasts look great! That pleating on the side you may want to fix or you could keep it and give it a name like chad.... Sorry bad joke! :) I just looked at ur before and you're breasts now look so much better than before. Maybe ask urself if you rather have ur original breasts or the ones you have now? I have very asymmetrical breasts that sag all the way to china town and I'm only 32. They've been like this my whole darned life but someday I will get them fixed. Remember wearing a t-shirt before surgery and ur nipples would sag low? Remembwr always having to worry when nippin out if your nipples were pointed in the same direction? Oh man I just hate my boobs so much! Hope I didn't offend you but I'm just tryin to bring a little positivity to ur thread. I know u are unhappy with ur breasts but I just want u to know that I think you're beautiful. :)

Hey Slowhoney, when you do you think you'll get to have your breasts done? Maybe you could have a few doctor consults in the meantime? :) Thanks for being such a supportive community member!

Hi Beth! Hopefully within the next year. I'm starting my consult journey soon. Going up to Seattle to do a few next month! So excited!!
By the way, my posts and pics can be found under the name: Livingdreams
I know that most people will come to my page and make negative comments and that is just the way things go. This forum has been setup for us to share our experiences and not to attack one another. I know that my breast may not be the eye candy for others who have a different view on what is pleasing to their eye...I have no control over that. I had several healing issues and I really did not make my statements to attack anyone. I work with doctors all day long and have worked with artist my entire life. Design is subjective to the artist and what I have in my mind versus the reflection of reality is conflicting. I know that I have had changes happen over the past 7 almost eight months and I can only hope that things will balance out. I think this is very important for women like me again LIKE ME who have a certain type of picky personality to understand that just because you see a photo of what you feel is idea does not mean that your body will yield the results you want. Lin I have not had a chance to view your profile yet, once I get done here I will. He has some success stories and some other stories too. Bad news is more sensational and people tend to gravitate toward it. I saw the information posted about him and disciplinary action taken against him due to the storage of his medical records or something like that. I was not aware of the other issues stated in other post. The post that had me concern was "Had High Hopes" and Diamond Girl TX these are a tad more recent and again you must understand that I working within the medical field and some of the private conversations that I had with these women would suggest certain similar post stop experiences here recently. He and his staff have always been very nice to me and have gone out of the way to accommodate me during my post-op follow ups. The issue I have is with the change in his bedside manner was not the same as in prior visits. Revision surgery is not something I had planned on having and I still have high hopes that the shape will get better within the next 5 months so I do not have too. The scars and pleating is something that I may have to get revised and that is not something I am looking forward too. This is my journey and I just wanted to share. I think I will take my posting down soon because it seems to cause alot issues.
I sincerely hope that you DO NOT take this down. Look beyond the ignorance and think about how many women have read your posts and used this to make an informed decision about Dr. Horndeski (even if its just one other woman. The purpose of this site is to help other women get through this process, and your story is very informative, brave and admirable. I pray that everything works out for you. And that you decide to keep your posts up and continue to update your followers who want the best for you. All the best..xoxo
I too hope that you do not take your posts down. This is your story and it is here to help others. I too have read the all the negative posts regarding Dr. H recently and actually went on the Medical Board website last week and printed off then entire complaint and the board proceedings in which his privledges were revoked from a certain TX hospital. The date of the hearing was last April. It is public record so anyone can go and take a look. What I read really shocked me as the person I was reading about was not at all the man I met in February. To be honest though, I really did not spend a lot of time with him pre-op, only skype interviews and a half hour before the surgery. Talk about taking a leap of faith but that is not unusual when you are going out of state for a procedure. Hell, some people travel across the world to have work done. I agree that women need to be completely comfortable with the before, during and AFTER care of a physician. It seems that the complaint was less about his skill as a physician and more about his behavior and treatment of other staff. It is a very detailed report but I was left wondering what was the whole story. I am e-friends with several women here who have had less than acceptable outcomes and less than acceptable attitude from Dr. H when this has occurred. There are also women who have had a different experience though and have gone through revisions by him without a problem. Maybe I was just lucky that in general all went well. I have been through a lot in my life and maybe god just decided to cut me a break on this one. Who knows...In any event, I feel horrible for the women who have not had the outcome they wanted and sad for Dr. H as it takes a lifetime to build a career and one, or a couple negative interactions to have it crumbling down. I too have some pleating and scarring but it is very miminal and it does not bother me. I am just happy to have the girls up. And, I am older so perhaps it would bother me if I was in my 30's but not so much now. My perspective is different I guess. I am not really running around topless these days. ;) Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
My comment was directed at Keshia 92943, I just want to make that clear. It angers me when ignorant people open their mouth without stepping first into someone else shoes. My heart goes out to you as I have fought my own battles with multiple complications. Please do not take your story down, this is real and these things have really happened to you. Often women are drawn to the idea of the perfect body and are never truly aware of the risks they take and possible complications involved, its easy to trust and yet be so uninformed. Best of luck in your healing and stay strong.
Ok ladies. I have been watching these negative posts over the couple days and am compelled today to say something. First off to GoBigRedHead, you have my complete respect and admiration. You have documented your journey from the very beginning for everyone to see, both the good and the bad. We both had our surgeries with Dr. Horneski in February and both had hopes that all would turn out as we hoped. We researched, spoke to many doctors including Dr. H. and made our decision based on what information we received. With ANY plastic surgeon or surgery, there is always the chance for a complicated procedure and a potential unwanted outcome. Sometimes things happen that are just out of anyone's control. GoBigREdhead has been very brave to share with us all what has been a very stressful time and disappointing outcome for her. As for myself, I am not unhappy with the outcome of my surgery. Are my breast PERFECT? No- but they are WAY better than what they were. Am I upset to read the recent posts about Dr. H- YES. I found him to be a very qualified surgeon and he took good care of me. While this may not be the case with everyone, it is my personal experience. I had no post op complications and have progressed well over the past 7 months. My pictures are posted if anyone wants to see. Every time that anyone goes under surgery with ANY DR, there are risks and potential complications. We all know that going into something like this. Comments that I have read recently here are simply hurtful and uncalled for.
Hey BigRed- I also had surgery with Dr. H and I hated the way the areolas looked at first but after a revision they look much better. Does he think he can fix it? If so I would do it, better than living with something you don't like for the rest of your life. The healing of my areolas was much easier the second time because the surgery is not as extensive
Well Maggie I am not sure if I want to do that @ this time I will go to another doctor a little closer to home that can do the procedure here. It would be cheaper to do it here. Plus I am concerned with some of the recent post. I listen to my inner voice and right now its telling me to sit down for another few months and wait. Thank you for the suggestion though