Best Decision To Finally Do This- Dr. Prada's Work is Brilliant! - Saint Louis, MO

I never dreamt a mere 11 days after having a tummy...

I never dreamt a mere 11 days after having a tummy tuck and liposuction of the hips/back/flanks/medial thighs, that I would already be singing the praises of my plastic surgeon! I relied heavily on looking at these types of reviews in choosing a surgeon so it's only right that I share my experience to help others in choosing theirs. My major fears surrounding this procedure were ending up with an odd looking belly button, an uneven and unsightly incision, and a lot of pain. Dr. Prada far exceeded my expectations in his work. Even knowing that my results and healing are in the very early stages, I am thrilled with what I see in the mirror. My incision is even, thin and couldn't be lower as it sits just above the pubic line. My belly button already has a natural contour and I haven't even had sutures removed and of course I still have the usual post-operative swelling. I had tons of stretch marks, the highest reaching just to my belly button, and they are gone. I would trade those stretch marks any day for the incision line I have now that can easily be concealed by a bikini bottom.

Within a week I was starting to stand completely straight and now at 11 days I stand with a normal posture and only find myself stiff if I haven't stretched or stood up for any period of time. I haven't taken any prescription pain medications in 4 days. I will be back to work full-time next week, and I have no reservations about that since I am already feeling quite well and still have almost a week off. Don't get me wrong, I am still taking it easy but I ran several errands today without difficulty.

Dr. Prada is attentive and clearly has a gift for what he does. There is a certain art unique to plastic surgery that makes choosing a surgeon more difficult based on training and experience alone. His resume and portfolio of work are equally impressive. He has a portfolio of his work that he will go through with you at your consultation. The office staff is fantastic, especially the nurse that works along with Dr. Prada to help you through the pre-operative and post-operative process.

it is wonderful to hear how well you are doing and how happy you are. what type of pump did you use with what medication? did you use it for 7 days? did you also use pills and which ones or just the pump? when do your drains come out? i might do this one day.
Emn if it's something you really want and it will make you Happy go for it.I wish I hadn't waited so long. But everything happens in Devine time. I will say this finding Dr. Yily in DR made it Most affordable and I was able to get a number of procedures done at one time that would have never been the case in NY. It's not easy recovery but when you see your results you push they it Day by Day
I had a self-infusing bulb type of pain-pump that infused a small continuous amount of local anesthetic over the course of about 3 days- helps to numb up the abdomen. I went home with this pump. During my 24-hour stay I received Morphine IV and then transitioned to hydrocodone and vicodin, which I took at home and was comfortable without taking anymore after about a week. Drains out in 11 days (removal was painless). I had a very busy day of errands today and just finally got home and have very minimal discomfort- if anything I will take a Tylenol before bed. I am actually quite surprised (and pleased) my pain is already this minimal. Friday will mark 2 weeks since my surgery. Hope that information helps!
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

I never dreamt a mere 11 days after having a tummy tuck and liposuction of the hips/back/flanks/medial thighs, that I would already be singing the praises of my plastic surgeon! I relied heavily on looking at these types of reviews in choosing a surgeon so it's only right that I share my experience to help others in choosing theirs. My major fears surrounding this procedure were ending up with an odd looking belly button, an uneven and unsightly incision, and a lot of pain. Dr. Prada far exceeded my expectations in his work. Even knowing that my results and healing are in the very early stages, I am thrilled with what I see in the mirror. My incision is even, thin and couldn't be lower as it sits just above the pubic line. My belly button already has a natural contour and I haven't even had sutures removed and I, of course, still have the usual post-operative swelling. I had tons of stretch marks, the highest reaching just to my belly button, and they are gone. I would trade those stretch marks any day for the incision line I have now, that can easily be concealed by a bikini bottom. Dr. Prada was very honest about what he could do for me and what procedures needed to be done to achieve optimal results. He never tried to "sell me" on anything but rather explained things to me just as any surgeon would regarding any procedure, cosmetic or otherwise. His bedside manner is awesome, which is a total bonus as far as I'm concerned because the results and quality of work are what matters most to me. The first time I got up to walk post-operatively was painful. There is no way to get around the pain that comes with having the muscle repair (I am a mother of 2). However, the pain pump that Dr. Prada uses, along with the pain medication and muscle relaxants Dr. Prada prescribes make the initial pain of the procedure manageable. I was up and walking with assistance, albeit hunched over, within a couple hours of surgery. Even the nurses on the floor told me how much they respected Dr. Prada's work and care of his patients. Within a week I was starting to stand completely straight and now at 11 days I stand with a normal posture and only find myself stiff if I haven't stretched or stood up for any period of time. I will be back to work full-time next week, and I have no reservations about that since I am already feeling quite well and still have almost a week off. Don't get me wrong, I am still taking it easy but I ran several errands today without difficulty. Dr. Prada is attentive and clearly has a gift for what he does. There is a certain art to plastic surgery that makes choosing a surgeon more difficult based on training and experience alone. His resume is impressive and his work speaks for itself (he has a book of his work that he will go through with you at your consultation). The office staff is fantastic, especially the nurse that works along with Dr. Prada to help you through the pre-operative and post-operative process. It's funny how many women, especially moms, are willing to invest in their families, homes, work, etc. without thinking twice but making the decision to invest in ourselves is more of a struggle. I am thankful I made the choice to do this now, even with young children, because I have many years to enjoy my results and I feel more motivated than ever to take care of my physical health. I would, without hesitation, send anyone I love to Dr. Prada if they were seeking a cosmetic procedure.