Amazing Results — Changed my Self Esteem at 50 - Saint Louis, MO

I feel so blessed to have chosen Dr. Huffaker for...

I feel so blessed to have chosen Dr. Huffaker for this life changing procedure. At the time of my initial consultation, I was still undecided about having this surgery, but after meeting Dr. Huffaker, I was so encouraged. His relaxed manner put me at ease, and yet I was overwhelmed by his extensive knowledge and expertise.

I (was) a very small breasted woman, so breast augmentation has been my desire for years. I put it off for so many reasons — I was concerned about the recovery, the cost, and oddly— the embarrassment. I could not imagine doing something like this "for me" and I almost felt selfish about the thought. I was most apprehensive about a total stranger seeing my "flat chest." My concerns were totally unfounded. Dr. H and his staff (especially Angie) were so sensitive in patiently giving me all the information I needed to take the plunge.
On the morning of surgery, I was very nervous….. not so much about the surgery, but of the end results. I let my husband (innocently pressure) me into making a choice to go larger than what was comfortable to me. I confided in Dr. H, and I remember him telling me "not to worry, he KNEW what I really wanted." Amazingly, he did know. At the risk of repeating what others have said, he really is an artist. My breasts are beautiful!

I must address some of my own pre-procedure concerns, as I'm sure — many women have the same. The total cost was considerably less than I expected and the staff can help research affordable payment plans. I encountered very little pain and down time, and the tiny scars have faded. Finally, this investment in time and expense has been so worthwhile. My self esteem has multiplied exponentially, I look so much better in my clothing, and my husband compliments me everyday!

I offer one suggestion to help make the recovery more pleasant — if you have kids or any sort of responsibility at home, consider staying in a hotel the first night. Since I live in a rural area an hour and a half outside St. Louis, my husband took me directly to a nearby hotel after leaving outpatient surgery. I think a peaceful quiet atmosphere and a good night's sleep helped to jump start my recovery. To summarize — if you've been considering it…. don't put it off any longer…. it's not that big of a deal…. and so worth it. My ONLY regret is that I spent my 30's and 40's without these breasts!!!!!

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

I give Dr. Huffaker and his staff the very highest rating in EVERY AREA. I cannot imagine a more positive experience from the initial consultation, the surgery, and follow up care.

I love your tip about staying in a hotel the night after. Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf!