Been Waiting for This Forever - St George, Utah

I have been doing a lot of research and stumbled...

I have been doing a lot of research and stumbled upon this website. And I have gain so much knowledge from here. All of your reviews and pictures are awesome. I'm counting down the days. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Cause I am one big bundle of nerves! It's like Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come. I have my bags of peas ready and sports bras bought.

I'm scheduled for june 19 and still can't decide saline or silicone..or what size! I do know under the muscle! I'm 52 yrs. old and have been waiting for 20years.....kinda scared...I worry I'll be the 1 out of 5 that has the problems that come with the surgery. I need to stop this! I just want to have a shape!
Well since u did all that research u know that the saline is encased in silicone. My ps said that he prefers silicone because it feels more real, plus I needed something that had a more cohesive type gel to achieve the look I wanted. What does your ps suggest??
He prefers silicone over saline but says he can make either look good.. He uses Mentor and I'm leaning toward silicone for the more natural feel. I'm so worried about capsular contracture. I've read it more common with silicone?

These are my before pictures.. 1 wk today I will be a changed person.

I have Mentor Memory Gel 400cc moderate plus profile unders, with an anchor lift. It was supposed to be a lollipop but during surgery my PS didn't like how it was looking and did the anchor instead. That was a shock, but my results look good. I also am very concerned about capsular contracture and my research findings was that the new cohesive gels have less rates of it. I think there are pros and cons to both. I like mine.
thanks for posting! You look great..I don't even think I'm an A cup and surely don't need a lift, so now I'm wondering if 400cc if enough! Think I'm letting it all up to the doctor. I just want to be in proportion..

24 hrs

Well I have 24 hrs till my surgery. Im stressed and nervous. My kids have been so helpful with keeping the house clean. I think my husband is starting to get nervous as well. How do you actually fall asleep the night before?

Is your surgery today?
Got to the hotel with the husband safe and sound. I got the call for 9:15 am surgery time tomorrow! And I just got great news, a new job. Yep all is good today. I just need to win the lottery... feeling nervous now. Any suggestions on a starting size. I'm thinking 450.

3 day post op

Today is number 3. I'm still pretty swollen. My boobs partially go into my armpits. So its rather annoying. My chest is still really tight which makes it hard to take a deep breath. I really have no appetite. So I'm forcing myself so I can take my meds. Saw the doctor yesterday and he says everything looks great. My husband saw them too, and he says babe they look beautiful.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

3 wks post op

I have been back to work for a wk now. Get a little tired but I manage. Everything is healing great can't wait to use the scar gel so it can start looking a little normal. I have no pain, I sleep on my side with a body pillow. Im sleeping through the night. I feel great. Still can't work out, just walking. Can't reach straight yet. Makes it hard to shave armpits.

How is the new job...and your new boobs? I'm sure you're super busy but we'd love an update to your review when you have time!
Have you placed under or over the muscle? Do you know implant shape and size?? I have just done it myself, soooo painful!!! Can't sleep or move without strong painkillers!!

Healing daily

Well I'm a little behind on my updates. At 5 wks I developed an issue with the skin healing. The blood vessels did not reconnect. And this made my skin die and not heal like normal. I was panicking but my dr. Said I was ok. That it happens. I have no feeling in the right breast. But then again I didn't really have any feeling before the surgery. I am currently at 3 months. I feel great. Im wearing a bra now and have no pain what so ever. I never did have any pain after the initial wk.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dr. Marcus Peterson

Over all surgery experience went smooth. The nurses and anesthesiologists were great.