Been Waiting for This Forever - St George, Utah

I have been doing a lot of research and stumbled...

I have been doing a lot of research and stumbled upon this website. And I have gain so much knowledge from here. All of your reviews and pictures are awesome. I'm counting down the days. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Cause I am one big bundle of nerves! It's like Christmas Eve waiting for Santa to come. I have my bags of peas ready and sports bras bought.

These are my before pictures.. 1 wk today I will be a changed person.

24 hrs

Well I have 24 hrs till my surgery. Im stressed and nervous. My kids have been so helpful with keeping the house clean. I think my husband is starting to get nervous as well. How do you actually fall asleep the night before?

3 day post op

Today is number 3. I'm still pretty swollen. My boobs partially go into my armpits. So its rather annoying. My chest is still really tight which makes it hard to take a deep breath. I really have no appetite. So I'm forcing myself so I can take my meds. Saw the doctor yesterday and he says everything looks great. My husband saw them too, and he says babe they look beautiful.

3 wks post op

I have been back to work for a wk now. Get a little tired but I manage. Everything is healing great can't wait to use the scar gel so it can start looking a little normal. I have no pain, I sleep on my side with a body pillow. Im sleeping through the night. I feel great. Still can't work out, just walking. Can't reach straight yet. Makes it hard to shave armpits.
Dr. Marcus Peterson

Over all surgery experience went smooth. The nurses and anesthesiologists were great.

How is the new job...and your new boobs? I'm sure you're super busy but we'd love an update to your review when you have time!
Have you placed under or over the muscle? Do you know implant shape and size?? I have just done it myself, soooo painful!!! Can't sleep or move without strong painkillers!!
Hi BethH, the new job is fabulous. Some minor issues which I will share soon. I have no regrets. I love them. I will post pics as well.
Hi Marimussi, mine are under the muscle. High profile, saline, 495 on right , 435 on left. I have alot of breast tissue on the left breast. I too was on pain meds for about 4 days. It's very uncomfortable. Just be patient. When did you have your surgery?
Is your surgery today?
Got to the hotel with the husband safe and sound. I got the call for 9:15 am surgery time tomorrow! And I just got great news, a new job. Yep all is good today. I just need to win the lottery... feeling nervous now. Any suggestions on a starting size. I'm thinking 450.
I'm scheduled for june 19 and still can't decide saline or silicone..or what size! I do know under the muscle! I'm 52 yrs. old and have been waiting for 20years.....kinda scared...I worry I'll be the 1 out of 5 that has the problems that come with the surgery. I need to stop this! I just want to have a shape!
Well since u did all that research u know that the saline is encased in silicone. My ps said that he prefers silicone because it feels more real, plus I needed something that had a more cohesive type gel to achieve the look I wanted. What does your ps suggest??
He prefers silicone over saline but says he can make either look good.. He uses Mentor and I'm leaning toward silicone for the more natural feel. I'm so worried about capsular contracture. I've read it more common with silicone?
They really don't know why or who it will happen to. It's a natural occurring thing that happens whenever u introduce a foreign prosthetic into the body. Like with a knee or a hip replacement. It's like an over active response when the capsule gets way thicker and hard. If your really worried about it, not a bad idea to know your ps revision policy. I try not to think of all the negatives but concentrate on all the positives!!
Thank you.. I will try harder to focus on the good!
I am worried about the capsular contracture as well. I am going saline. My positive is anything will be better then what I have now. I go on June 20th. Im still up and down on the size as well. I don't want to be too big.
Well, I decided to go with the mentor gel implants because they are more natural feeling and being that I'm older my skin my be thinner and I don't want to see rippled implants showing through my skin! Went and tried sizers on again today to get an approx. size. and think I'm going around 400cc. Got some reassurance from the office personnel also!
I have Mentor Memory Gel 400cc moderate plus profile unders, with an anchor lift. It was supposed to be a lollipop but during surgery my PS didn't like how it was looking and did the anchor instead. That was a shock, but my results look good. I also am very concerned about capsular contracture and my research findings was that the new cohesive gels have less rates of it. I think there are pros and cons to both. I like mine.
thanks for posting! You look great..I don't even think I'm an A cup and surely don't need a lift, so now I'm wondering if 400cc if enough! Think I'm letting it all up to the doctor. I just want to be in proportion..
Do you know what Size and shape you are going with? Over or Unders? What kind of lift? Any current pictures? How exciting for you!! I had been wanting work done for years, and when my dad passed away last year he left me a little money. My family encourage me to use it on myself. I was limited on funds, so I went out of the country, I had an awesome PS. I did not do sizers, or any of that stuff. I just talked with my PS, he asked me alot of questions, no with pics, I told him what I wanted and let him make all the decisions. It took about 4-5 hours in surgery. Turns out I had one breast a whole cup size larger than the other. Ended up having to have a breast reduction, life and augmentation on the right, with a lift and augmentation on the left. From what I read, the right sided breast surgery is one of the hardest to perform. I am currently 48 days post op. Do you have someone going with you?
I meant Wish Pic's-I hate this stupid lap top!!
I'm looking to be about 34 D approx. 450-460 CC. Under , lollypop lift, should take about 2-2.5 hrs. I did do my homework and went to 6 different doct. Some of these doc. out here in Vegas sure know how to raise prices. The most expensive quote I got was $13,000. My hubby is taking me. Hes been fabulous. I have 3 children and my 19 yr old has bigger boobs then I do! I just turned 41 in May so I am not getting any younger.
I have 3 kids too but mine all boys. When I price checked in my town I was told 15,000 for what I needed. That's why I went out of the country. Sounds like u are all prepared!! My family is sick of hearing about boobs, but it's something I did for myself! My hubby of 30 years isn't even a boob man. Good luck!! I'm hitting the big 50 this year, so I totally know what u mean!!
My 13 yr old had to be told what kind of surgery, cause he will be helping out on the care. I'm super excited but I feel like I don't want to drowned my husband and friends with my boob talk so I kinda keep my excitement to myself. My hubby says whatever makes me happy will make him happy. He says I have nice boobs. But I don't feel sexy and can't fit into stuff I want to wear. Bathing suit tops are a major pain in th a$$. Im too saggy so the tops pull on my neck. Which in turn gives me headaches. We are a lake family so it's a must to wear a suit. I'm all done fighting with my chest. June 20th is taking too long to get here.
Well I'm just glad that I can still fit in all my clothes still but I will need a new swim suit!! Try to stay busy to help pass the time. I scheduled mine two months in advance, I know how torturous that wait can be!! Time flys when your having fun.....
Where did you go for surgery? I am researching clinics in Mexico as the price is more reasonable.
Well I went to Tijuana, my 5 hour surgery cost 4000. Dr Manuel Gutierrez, has a surgical center at the prestigious Simnsa building. I hear Florida is a good deal too. I thought u had your procedure scheduled already??
My surgery was in Bangkok - Thailand
@Marimussi, just thought I'd pop in and let you know there is a forum of women who are recovering from or preparing for their BAs in Thailand. Feel free to check it out!