zzzz

What was i thinking???????????????????? Doctor had...

What was i thinking???????????????????? Doctor had no before or after pix and i fell for this at an "open house" where they provided sale discounts if you pre-paid.........

Look at before and afters!!!!!

I feel stupid and duped.

Don't even think about doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now i have a consult w/ a plastic surgeon to see if he can fix this - wow, if i could turn back time.

I've been a recluse-slowly coming out of this traumatic experience.

Just shoved in a chair-no ice-aesthician already quit

doctor said she injects herself under the eyes this way and never ever a problem in the hundreds of people she injected

she says she never had to use hyalauronidase but would order it but discourages me and claims i have lympedema.

I had read about the bad outcomes but saw some good ones and thought i'd be in the latter category..............

Just had vitrase injected this afternoon-what a...

just had vitrase injected this afternoon-what a relief to do something. pls do NOT have juvaderm ever placed under your eyes - for anyone who is searching this post!!!!!!!!!!

Would like to see comments re: Dr Deirdre Leake
Thanks Byron! That's good to know. : )

How did things go with the vitrase injections?? Would love to hear how are things looking & feeling now.

you may wanna go w/ a really hypo-allergentic line- or one for damaged skin. i wish i could be more helpful.perhaps if you posted a picture under the ask the physician section, they could recomment one..........
not too sure about that at this point, from all the resarch i've done...about my mishap...with my aweful texture from retinol...it's severe dehydration/inflammation of the skin. It's gotten better than before but I hear it can take about 6-12 months to go back to normal state. I hate one small acne scar..barely noticeable and now my face is a mess! I had two light glycolic (30 percent ) peels done around august and my face was still OK..just didn't want to get anymore done because it gave me acne and it was annoying...i start usage of the skinceuticals line of retinol .5 and then bumped it up to 1.0 and total usage was a little over a month and my face got weird scarring, enlarged pores, etc. I have pictures and have been taking them monthly so I do see improvement but it still makes me depressed from time to time....my emotional days are still here but not as bad as the beginning. *SIGH*
i HAD* one small acne scar...woops...typo
I read your post and I wondered if your enlarged pores and wierd scarring had resolved. Can I suggest that you increase your intake of healing foods (colourful vegetables and fruit)? Also that in the evening before bed after you have cleansed your face, you apply raw honey to it and massage gently. Raw honey kills bad bacteria that can give you spots or acne. Then wash off with ice-cold clean water. This will help close the pores. Dry your face gently. Now apply 20% vitamin c serum. You can make it very cheaply. This will nourish your skin and help reduce pore size and also stimulate collagen. Now apply a moisturiser preferably one with a lot of nutrients. I apply either extra virgin olive oil or sometimes unprocessed cod liver oil (although the cod liver oil is very stinky). I have quite dry skin so I need something quite rich.

I truly believe that the human body (for the general population) is self healing BUT you need to provide it with the raw materials in order that it can heal itself. We abuse our bodies and faces and then try to find quick fixes. The body takes time to heal.

My sister went through a very stressful period in her life which resulted in her getting severe acne. When the acne cleared she was left with acne scars all over her face. Gradually, her skin is healing, and the depth of the scarring has reduced significantly. She did go to see some doctor regarding getting a skin peel. She was told she should get fraxel instead. Sadly, it's all about making money. Anyway she asked my opinion and I told her to let her body heal naturally because the fraxel may cause fat loss in her face and then instead of acne scarring she will become concerned about thin wrinkled cheek skin. She has decided to take my advice.
Just a suggestion, but a light/medium chemical peel may help with the pores also. Sigh...unfortunately, all these darn procedures can have terrible side effects and we don't find out until it's too late!
I got enlarged pores and weird pores that look like scars from retinol on my cheeks :( they say it can take up to a year for this to resolve but I was wondering if fillers would help the look of it all. I'm on month 5 from stopping the use....and it's been a really depressing experience. it's gotten better than it was thank god, but im so scared my pores won't close. (I hear it should...just be gentle with skin..which i have) I think I might make a consult regardless to see him. Have you heard of Deidre Leake in St. Augustine? I know she's in that Plastic Surgery Magazine, but the consult is like 70-90 bucks! Thanks so much for the tips!
I have heard about Dr. Leake but unfortunately don't know much about her. If it's a pore issue, i would hunt more on real self for a product like a toner or cleaning system . Fillers wouldn't be your option and have, as I well know, dangers!!!!!!!
i live in st augustine am 27 and was looking to do fillers for my cheeks, i feel like i have fat loss due to stress. who did your injections? i am so sorry you are going through this. i think i lost the some of my fat due to stress and anxiety i have got hit with recently from textural damage from a retinol cream gave me :(
dr. kalpana depasquale at avanti medspa. I do not trust her-the edema she insists i have was examined thoroughly by a BOARD CSERTIED PLASTIC SURGEON who says no way! He knows this is is product injected syperficially and unevenly. Pls. do NOT get this filler under the eyes. Cheeks are better filled w/ Radiesse or Restylane anyway. I have had this done and you may like the outcome very much. Radiesse lasts longer. The succeess rate for fillers under the eye is very very low but it sounds like your area of concern is the cheeks. Go get a consult from someone like Dr. Cashio, whi does injections too at the hospital in Palm Coast. He tells it like it is-he also has fixed others mistakes and did such a great job on my neighbor's skin cancer under her eye-she is 70 and fair skinned and even in bright light it is unnoticeable. I am seeing him next week for the "antidote". I was seeing crepey skin for awhile-retinoids are too powerful for many- here's some great creams that will plump and retexturizze that delicate skin: Puresource eye cream, CSI recovery eye cream and vicid eyes also by CSI w/ arnica and cucumber. Puresource also makes a great evening cream w/ get this...sheep wool that works wonders and you can get from amazon. Don't be like me and think juvaderm will work under the eyes-chances are it won't. I will post on how my procedure goes next ps You can actually ingext hyalauronic acid (which is juvaderm) and that too plumps out skin. don't get the kind w/ sodium. i bought the brand from vitacost ver the internet.
I did some injections for fat loss in my cheek area - it looked great, the main thing - to ask around who is best aesthetician. Sometimes doctors do less injections tha nurses - and have less aesthetic view... from experience...
met with a plastic surgeon who is double board certified and specializes in fixing mistakes- He ordered the enzyme and will do an allergy test. he says, no way is this edema-it is all product unevenly and superficially injected.

It sounds like you have researched a good doctor to go to! Hopefully all goes well with the allergy test & you are able to have the product dissolved.

yes, I am praying for a positive outcome!!!!!!!!!!! Will let you know. BTW, thanks for your well wishes and for moderating this site and for the site itself!!!!!!!!!!!!.

It is a joy to do it - we are thankful for amazing community members such as yourself who contribute their stories & help others. :)

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. I hope the plastic surgeon you will be going to see will have some good options for you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing & what is going on with you.