Ultheraphy to Neck - Spokane, WA

I did not find the actual procedure that painful,...

I did not find the actual procedure that painful, but did self-medicate with ibuprofen prior to treatment. My entire neck except a small section in the middle of my neck was bruised,which resolved after two weeks. It has now been just over 3 weeks and my neck is still extremely painful, especially to touch. Can barely put lotion on my neck. I don't know if I would be able to tolerate this much pain and soreness if it was my face, but fortunately I only had my neck done. Would be interested in knowing how long other people had pain post their ultheraphy procedure. It has only been 3 weeks so can't speak to the results yet and I am 64 years old so I'm not sure how well it will work for someone my age. Will post photos at one month

It has been 1 month since I had ultheraphy to my...

It has been 1 month since I had ultheraphy to my neck and I feel encouraged that it is helping. I am posting pictures so others can decide for themselves. Three years ago the doctor took away my hormones and I went through documented bone loss. What a difference it made in my appearance. Seems evrything drooped and caved in. Was hoping for a necklift but being a poor candidate for surgery because of heart condtion, I looked for alternatives. Although my age, 64 years doesn't make me the best candidate for this procedure,I figured it was worth a shot.

Ultheraphy in Spokane

Enclosed are 3 month photos. Almost want to write a disclaimer saying viewer discretion advised as pictures are graphic (hey, you can see every pore). But if people find these helpful that's all that matters.So hope you find these helpful, gypsygirl.

Ultheraphy in Spokane

One profile shot with flash and one without at 3 month pics
Werschler Aesthetics

What a great price...want 1,900 around here for same thing. You got great results!
You look Amazing!!! Wow, if you got a little filler and a upper lip lift you would look 45.. Great results
thanks so much for taking the time to post pics. very encouraging results!
These photos are spectacular. You received a great treatment.
Thank you. I may not have the neck plastic surgery could give me but I am pleased to see this improvement. I would have the treatment done at regular intervals if it would help retain a firmer jawline. I do not know if they even do that but I have read some people have had more than one treatment. I am very happy with Dr. Werschler and his staff. Can't say enough good about them.
It really made a lot of difference, even with the wrinkles. Did you just have your neck done because it seems have tighten up the skin around your chin. It looks great and I think I will look into having it done. Thanks for the photos.
Hi vsea, are you at your 3 month mark yet? Just wondering how things are looking for you and if you are seeing more improvements? I think your jawline and neck look great after just 1 month. I just had mine done 4 days ago, the full neck....under chin and both sides of lower neck. The RN who did my procedure said they couldn't go down the middle of the neck because of the thyroid, etc. Did they go down the middle of your neck?? Anyway, I hope I get the same results as you. I can really see a difference in the photos. I know photos don't always tell the whole story, that's why I wanted to ask you personally if you are seeing improvements and are happy with your results so far. I'm 56 and I agree age and condition of skin does have a lot to do with the outcome. Continued good luck to you. Please keep us updated, I'm sure we'd all love to hear of your continued progress! =)
Hi gypsyjazzgirl. Yes, I have hit the 3 month mark so I had my husband take some quick photos and I took one too. Does my neck look like I want it to? No. Do I think ultheraphy helps? Yes. No, they did not do over my thyroid. That is not to say it doesn't need it there, but safety first, of course. I enclosed a front pic this time because when viewing my profile pick I want people to understand that I have neck cords and these can not be taken care of by ultheraphy. If your neck does not have cords I would think your neck would firm up better than mine.
Wow, thank you vsea so much for responding. Your profile pics look beautiful. I do know what you are saying about the frontal cords. I have them starting. Actually botox can soften those. I did have a little botox on them and although it doesn't get rid of them, it did diminish them a little. Having said that, it would be very expensive to do the entire front of the neck and to keep repeating it. Don't worry about your photos, you look beautiful. You are helping all of us on this site that want to see what real women are dealing with, it's so helpful. Thank you for your courage, I know it isn't easy bearing it all online like that. :) I did post one pic of me before my treatment, you can see the cords beginning. I am having a hard time getting my newest photos to post online, I'll keep working on it because I really want to keep posting mine photos as well. I'm only at day 4 so there isn't going to be much to show for a while. Thanks again vsea, appreciate it very much.....you have made some nice progress. I'm surprised you're not on one of the Ulthera ads!!! ;)
neck cords can be treated with botox . it maks a HUGE difference!
hi vsea, did you know that neck cords cna be treated with botox?? this makes a HUGE difference it can provide a sligth submental lift making your neck even tighter. mousygirl
mousygirl, I just wanted to add that I had botox on my neck cords a month ago, although they do soften (in my experience) they don't eliminate them. If you have a lot to do, this route can be expensive and need to be repeated every 4 or 5 months. However, I love you suggestion. We're always looking for whatever will work for us, right? =)
Thanks mousygirl. This is good to know, although I am rather nervous about botox to my neck since it is a neurotoxin.I actually never had a consult with the dermatologist. I only consulted with the RN that did the ultheraphy. I actually don't know what options and suggestions the dermatologist would make or would have made for me. It's something to consider. Thanks
I did achieve great results , but you are right about the cost. you have to chose the ones that are most troublesome to you and not try to eliminate them all- there are sooo many ... I am wondering if the nerve abaltion called gfx may work for them. I don't know much about this , or if other similar nerve abalation treaments with other names exist. has naybody else heard of this for neck bands.
I think the gfx is still relatively new and not a big sell at this point, from what little I've heard about it anyway. I can't say I've heard of anything else out there for neck bands. I hear what vsea is saying about being nervous about the botox on the neck, since it is a neurotoxin, it's not for everyone. =)
Hi vesa. I had a question for you. I'm almost at my 2 week mark after having my treatment. The skin under my chin actually appears to be getting looser not tighter. I don't expect to see any improvements for months, but I was wondering if you had this experience before you saw any improvements? I did read that a few people noticed looser skin before the collagen kicked in, just wondering what your experience was. Thanks a bunch. Hope you're doing well.
Hi gypsy jazzgirl. Yes, that is exactly what happened with me as soon as the swelling went away in a few weeks I got lots of wrinkles. Didn't like it but made myself be patient, not a trait I possess in abundance. Since I wasn't tender anymore I started using a crème on my neck which made me feel like I was doing something for it while I waited for improvement.
Thank you vsea! Just what I needed to hear. I just hate thinking I paid all that money to look worse, ya know? I will try to remain patience (also a trait I don't possess much of, lol) I have tenderness like you had, it smarts to put my usual cream on my neck. Plus after 2 weeks I still have a tingling numbness, which sounds pretty normal and will result itself I'm sure. I can't thank you enough for taking pity on me and reassuring me at this point. It is much appreciated. Big hug! =)
hI vsea, great results. how are you doing now its the middle of April are you still seeing results. also, how did you get them to just do your neck? i just want my neck doing and the two consults i've had said oh we have todo your lower face too and i'm not interested. Unfortunately there are only 2 clinics in calgary
Not that you asked me, but I say: INSIST on what you want. There are doctors on here who mention that the vectors (directions) of change are unpredictable so on face, ultherapy is less wise.
JHi 2937anon, Thought I should answer you, although I am trying to not focus on my neck till the 3 month mark. I now have minimal tenderness in just a few spots on my neck. There were only 2 places in Spokane that are currently doing the ultheraphy. One flat out refused to do anything but a full face. In my opinion a lower face and neck would have been optimal for me. Two ways of lifting the jowls. Now, I didn't want a full face because I didn't want lifted eyes and I heard lots of complaints about pain and bruising when they did the forehead and crow's feet. I read about one person who had their lower face and jaw done and if you are wanting to improve your jowls, I think it would be more effective and better than what I had. I would have chosen that option if it had been offered. That said, there is numbness and significant pain to touch post treatment. That would be a lot tougher to deal with on the face .. you touch your face to put on makeup,etc. It is too bad that the doctors can't just offer the amount of ultheraphy people want and have several tiers of payments, because really... most people would be more willing and able to fork over $1000 versus $3000 for cosmetic work. So there's some things to think about. You need to do what works for you.
Thanks for keeping us all posted on your progress, it sure helps in decision making on wheter to get it done. I read a positive post like yours and then i see others it didn't work for. When i went for my consult in Calgary i was told it would cost $2,000 for lower face and $2,500 for all face. She said approximately 3 treatments a week are done at the clinic, i asked her for before and afters and was told no one returns for after pictures. Then she said all the gals in the clinic has had it done including herself. She was around 25 years old !!!! As mentioned it all depends on the person handling the machine and how skilled they are. The one i had the consult with was not operating the machine. I just can't understand if a clinic is doing that many a week why they wouldn't have clients return for after shots. Seems odd to me?
Didn't take that into consideration re vecotrs, just one more thing to think about. when i went for my consult i was told 800 lines are done which i believe is supposed to be more productive and less painful. Did you get it done yourself or are you looking into it like me?
I guess the price really depends on where you live. It was $3000 here for a full face which apparently included the neck. As I said. I contacted 3 places and only Dr. Werchler's office offered the neck separately. He has excellent credentials so I went with his office. An RN actually did the procedure. She is 50 and has had ultheraphy on her neck, which looked perfect of course,but that could just be great genes and hormones so I didn't expect to look like her. Honestly, they took a ton of before pictures but never talked about coming back for follow up shots so was glad I had my husband take a photo the morning of the procedure. So does the lower face include the neck? If so that would be a $1000 than the face and neck done here. I can say that my neck is very comfortable now and I have to push hard to feel any tender spots.
Wow, that really made a big difference and your skin looks so much better too.