SmartLipo on Upper and Lower Abdomen - Spokane Valley, WA

I had SmartLipo on my upper and lower abdomen...

I had SmartLipo on my upper and lower abdomen yesterday morning... As of this moment, it was completely worth it for me! I changed my dressings this morning and I look much thinner, even with swelling! My doctor did warn me of fluid swelling in the pubic area, which is definitely present (and gross! Haha).

I already have some mild bruising, but I've been taking the Arnica pill and using the cream at my doctor's suggestion. I also bruise very easily because I'm quite pale. :) As far as pain, I am a little tender... Mainly it just feels like I had a really hard day at the gym and I haven't taken any pain pills this morning (I went to work, despite my doctor's insistence that I shouldn't :-/). Yesterday I took three pain pills and was comfortable and sleepy. I've gone to this doctor before for a previous procedure (breast augmentation) and had a great result! Hence, the reason I went back!

Though she is quite conservative... All of the information I've read about SmartLipo says that local anesthesia is all that is needed, but my doctor suggested that I go under general anesthesia. I was happy at this suggestion because I have a fear of needles.

After my surgery I awoke and was coherent within 20 minutes and ready for the ride home. I had no problem going "all the way under" for the surgery and it was no more expensive than another provider in the area who offers SmartLipo under local anesthesia. I plan on posting some before and after pictures, but I'm going to wait a few days until the fluid swelling resolves!

I had SmartLipo on my abdomen four days...

I had SmartLipo on my abdomen four days ago... I'm still quite sore and tender to the touch.  I haven't been taking any pain pills, just Tylenol and have been coping okay with that.  I have a "ridge" presently on my lower abdomen that I hope goes away soon!  It's right where my stomach creases when I sit down, so I'm not sure if that's the reason.  Anyway, I'm still happy thus far with my results and just have to be patient for the final result!

So, I'm 12 days post-op and very happy with my...

So, I'm 12 days post-op and very happy with my results... My pictures are from before, four days after, and 11 days after.  The incisions are barely visible!  I have two in my pubic area and one in my belly button.  As you can see, my doctor was able to leave my belly button piercing unharmed (which I was grateful for because I wanted to keep it!)... :)

Anyway, I'm feeling almost completely healed.  I'm still wearing my garment 24 hours a day.  My doctor said I could begin decreasing the amount of time to 12 hours at two weeks post-op (and then I must continue wearing it for one month).

I haven't discovered how many cc's my doctor took out.  She uses a "pinch test."  For example, when I went for my consultation, she could pinch about 1" of fat on my belly (whilst standing).  Now, I can barely pinch anything!  She estimated about 1/4" of fat.

I should mention that I have some hard areas on my lower belly.  My doctor told me to massage those areas, but I still have a strange sensation and it feels weird to touch.  I have a bit of numbness still that has already greatly improved since my surgery!  Also, while I was healing I had a sensation that I can only describe as a "jiggly" feeling... Haha  For instance, for several days after my surgery, when I'd take my garment off to shower I'd feel the looseness of my skin.  It's very strange and can't be describe, only experienced.  I still have a bit of a "ridge" on my lower abdomen that is somewhat visible in the pictures... This is the area that is very hard and I'm hoping for improvement when I feel comfortable massaging those areas!

I'm a little over five weeks out now.  I now...

I'm a little over five weeks out now.  I now am completely healed!  I've lost about 1-1/2" on my waist... And it's finally flat!  :)

Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Was your stomach lumpy in the day or two after or just swollen? I just did mine two days ago and it is lumpy so I'm nervous... Hopefully the compression garment helps... Thanks for any advice!
Mine was lumpy AND swollen... Haha, I was regretting my decision to go through with it for about four days! But after wearing my compression garment, everything evened-out. Good luck with your results!
Thank you so much for your message! It already looks better today so I'm feeling a lot better! I was a little scared at first. I didn't have any drainage after the procedure so I think a lot of fluid stayed in there. You look amazing now! Definitely gives me hope that you started out worried too!! Thanks for the reassurance - I really appreciate it!
You look fantastic! I had my 2nd lipolite done 11 days ago. I am happy that the swelling has gone down just waiting now for the skin to tighten and my upper tummy to shrink at bit more. I took before photos and will take after photos on Wed and will post them too. I must also tell you that the second time around is much more painfull due to scar tissue. I felt alot more this time.
Wow- you look so fantastic!! I am one week post-op, but was bigger than you to begin with. So far I'm really pleased with the new flatter shape, but I'm still swollen. It's great to see your 5 weeks pics to see the progression. Fingers crossed I'll get such a good final result.
Ok, will do. I had my 4 week follow up on Thurs last week and they said they are not happy with the upper tummy and are prepared to redo it in 3 months time! Im happy with that. My lowe tummy is looking flat, just a few lumps but very small. My flanks are remarkably smaller. In fact the machine they used was the Lipolite, when I had the first consultation smartlipo was what they used but upgraded to Lipolite? Dont know if it is any better? Will do a search a decide. Take Care cant wait to see your photos!!!
I just posted some before and after pics I hope they come through....search smart lipo spokane
In Benoni, the aesthetics clinic. They are prepared to redo the upper tummy. I want it done within the next 4 weeks. I was hoping for advice from the site and professionals to hear if it can be done so soon?
Lyns, where did you have it done?
Hi again... had my 4 week follow up appointment yesterday. I am not happy with the results and told them so. Today I had a call from the clinic saying that after 4 months the full results will be visible. I am not happy with their answers and would love to hear from the site or professionals for more advice please! Many thanks, Lyns
Hi Everyone I came in to see if anyone has had liposuction beneath their chin--I have had a double chin all my life and now that I am 59 it is very ugly to me--- I will read more reviews to see if anyone has had it done here in Spokane, Wa. Feel free to write me with your suggestions. thanks edie
Thanks for the comments everyone! This website was really helpful to me before my procedure and I'm happy to share my experience and pictures (the most helpful!)... Though I mentioned it previously, I should emphasize that on Day 2 I had an enormous amount of swelling in my pubic area and was really depressed. I barely fit in my pants! Anyway, my Dr. reminded me to be patient... I'm happy to be almost finished with the healing process! I hope everyone's swelling and bruising is subsiding! Good luck with your results! :)
glad to hear! Keep us up to date with your progress!
LOL sagging mine is shrinking by the day
Hi everyone! Im going for my 4 week follow up appointment on Thursday, I must honestly admit I do seen a difference in my lower tummy, but none in upper and flanks! I didnt have much to get rid of so maybe thats why I dont see a huge immprovement, but here in South Africa what I paid compared to you in the States is a fraction of the price. I paid R16500.00 / by 8 US dollars is $2062.50. I will do it again if i need to at that price!
It's really surprising to see your result as compare to mine. So happy for you. I am still purple like a prune on day 7. I realize that the garment actually make me bruise more. I took it off overnight for the first time last night and this morning the bruising is lighter but more spread out.
i had the same procedure on the 30th april! day 2 now.. ur results are great altho u didnt need it! you look great now. you should be happy! i have got pubic swelling as well.. its odd! lol
My pubic area was huge and hanging!!!LOL!!! Still is a bit puffy! Best wishes!
I had smartlipo done 20 days ago and Im still sore! I dot see any difference yet! But trying to be optimistic!Lets hope we get the results we hoped for! Take care!
Well, redsoxgirl1970, I wasn't coherent for my procedure, so I didn't have to endure the "numbing" process... The Arnica gel and pill are a great idea! I bruise terribly and I only had one area that bruised. :) Good luck with your procedure! Lyns: I am feeling much better now! And the saying, "It's going to get worse before it gets better" applies to my recovery. About a week after my surgery, my stomach was very tender and it hurt to bend/move. Now I'm almost completely back to normal with the exception of the mild numbness.
How are you feeling now?
Hello all, Hope everyone is still feeling good :) I'm having my vaser smart lipo this Thursday and am starting to get nervous. I started taking the arnica pills yesterday, and have the arnica gel for after the procedure. The part that's worrying me the most is the numbing. I've read on other people's posts that it hurts. What did you guys think??
Wow amonson! 15 pounds?! That's amazing... Could you tell me how many cc's your doctor took out, if you know? I have a follow-up appointment this afternoon and I'm going to ask my doctor how much she took out.
Yes, I called and asked how many cc's she said 3200. I thought that sounded really high so I asked Dr. Pellow about it. About half of that is the fluid they put in to numb the area....but still...that's alot. The weight loss is also due to the fact that I was soooo motivated after I had smart lipo. I have never had a small waist but I went from 36 to 29 at this point!!! I am thrilled and need to lose about 10 more pounds. I am 5'9 and now weight 148. I would like to weigh 135 or so.....like I did in college. I am 47 years old and am going to my 30 year reunion in July! I'm totally psyched!
im glad you said something sbout your ridge because i have that too, other than that i am satisfied so far. i had mine done on the 7th of april. The ridge is most likely from the sitting or the clothes we are wearing that are pressing against our stomachs