My Experience - Southlake, TX

If I could rate my experience with Dr. Kasden and...

If I could rate my experience with Dr. Kasden and his office staff I would rate them 10 out of 10. I recently under went Mastopexy (Breast Lift), Breast Augmentation, and Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) on February 2nd, 2012. I began at 220 lbs in 2008 and now have been/maintained 130lbs for over a year now, with being 27 years old and only 5'2 and losing 90 lbs as great as it is to lose that much what most people don't tell you is all the (extra) skin and droopiness you are left with afterwards.

I went on several consultations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, some I paid and some I did not (consultation fee) and all were generally great surgeons (from what I saw on their websites and also their books of past patients. I found Dr. Kasden on several websites especially on the RealSelf website and saw some of his work and read several great reviews and also no consultation fee. So I finally made an appointment with Beth (Office Manager) she is very sweet and accommodating and would even call me if someone had cancelled to try to get me in earlier. She is very professional and informative and is always going out of her way to accommodate my work schedule considering I live almost an hour away.

At the appointment Dr. Kasden answered all my questions including my husband's and included him in every aspect and steps of the surgery process as well and made my experience all the more pleasurable and re-assured my husband and I that I was in good hands. Dr. Kasden has his own little sense of humor (sometimes I get it and sometimes I don't) but he is always in good spirits and has excellent bedside manners. He very much loves and is passionate of what he does and you can really tell that when he is speaking about his profession (this last trait is what really set Dr. Kasden apart from the previous surgeons I had visited -- he really loves his work and really wants it to be as close to perfection as can be and within reason).

So after my consult and a couple of office visits later and then my Pre-Op appointment I finally when into surgery (this decision was almost a year in the making before finally choosing a surgeon and going through with surgery). I underwent: Mastopexy (Breast Lift), Breast Augmentation, and Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) and Liposuction with amazing results (of course complete results are not over-night and also this was not pain-free process but was manageable and also some of the steps of healing can be tedious ie: drains...but very worth it).

I'm still taking it easy today almost a month later but I couldn't be more than completely satisfied with the results -- I'm healing nicely and my look is getting better and better as weeks go by.

Dr. Kasden has literally given me my life back (so to say) with his care and the assistance of his nurse Michelle (another staff member that is just sweet as pie and very professional and really knows her stuff) just made this process so easy going and simple and left me with knowing I made the right decision to do this). Also another staff member I wanted to give kudos to is Jennifer in Billing she made that process easy-peasy and also worked with me to make sure everything was on track. I've got my body back thanks to his care and skill and help from his staff.

I no longer feel pessimistic when I look in the mirror or avoid strapless dresses or tops because of droopage and lack of volume (due to my weight loss) or avoid certain garments because of how my body was. I feel great and more confident than ever before I can wear things that I haven't not been able to pull off in years (strapless anything). I will definitely be going back to Dr. Kasden and his staff for any future surgeries and recommend him to all my friends and family!

Since it's been at least a year since your procedures are you still happy with the results? I have the same procedures scheduled soon and starting to get nervous and anxious after reading all the posts about those who had mommy makeovers and their recovery. I keep telling myself that the recovery stage is only temporary and that down the line I'll be more than pleased with the results and realize all that pain was worth it. I agree that Dr. K spends an incredible amount of time discussing the procedures and after going to 4 different doctors for consultation I'm happy with my with decision after reading some of his glowing reviews on RealSelf. Do you have any tips to share on your experience and recovery?
Thanks so much and will do!
Sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Congratulations! Keep us posted on your healing process.
Dallas Plastic Surgeon