Blepharoplasty - Southlake, TX

Hello Everyone! The reason I decided to have this...

Hello Everyone! The reason I decided to have this procedure done is due to the hooding of my eyelids. I have been pondering this decision for the last 2 years and finally gave in since my eyes have been really bothering this year and luckily I have found a great doctor to perform this procedure thanks to a fellow member of this forum. My experience with my plastic surgeon has been very positive. He is absolutely an A+ plastic surgeon...that is the reason why I traveled 200+ miles to see him.

I had my sutures removed today - 5 days post op...

I had my sutures removed today - 5 days post op and I was a bit nervous since my mother was in pain when she had her sutures removed from her surgery 2 years ago (different doctor). The procedure was fast and painless. I was very happy to see my new eyes...no more heavy hooded eyelids. Yay! During my research on blepharoplasty I've came across and viewed many videos of this surgery and what I have found very interesting is the suturing technique that many surgeons used. One of the things that set Dr. Bogdan apart from the other surgeons is his suturing technique, which is quite different. The sutures seem to be under the skin, which are not visible whereas the others are done with the sutures visible above the incision. I sure hope my scar heals as well as DFW_Mommy.

My right eyelid crease is becoming lower as the...

My right eyelid crease is becoming lower as the swelling goes down...not a good thing.

Post

Post
Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Hi Jasmine I couldn't even tell you had surgery on the photos where you had your sutures taken out! Did you have any swelling ?
Hi there, Yes I did experience some minor swelling but it did not last for very long. The eyelash extensions helped conceal most of the swelling.

Any updates on your healing? I think your befores and afters look great!
Did you just have upper eyelid Blepharoplasty done?
By the way, I had a consultation with Dr. Rohrich in Dallas Plastic Institute last week. They quoted me ~$6,600 for both upper and lower eyelid Blepharoplasty. Is this price normal or a bit too high?
Hello Jijoji,

I had only upper blepharoplasty done. Regarding your search for a doctor, I strongly advise you to choose a doctor based on his or her work and not on what they charge. Good luck.

I agree with you.  But also there are so many skilled doctors I think that you don't always have to pay over the top to get premium results.  jijoji, I would strongly recommend doing as much research on doctors as you need to and also go to as many consults you need to go to to find that one that you feel 110% confidant in.  Your face is not like a boob job or lipo that you are not satisfied with- you can't cover it up so be selective and have high standards in the dr you choose to sculpt and rejuvenate your face:)
I'm amazed your eyes were beautiful but afterwards wow! What a nice job no scars!
is your eyelash real? i love it
Thanks. I have on lash by lash extensions
your 3 week pics look great! for me, i didn't have any noticeable swelling past 6 weeks, so my creases stayed pretty much the same from that point on. you're about 2 months post-op now, right? do you have any updated pics you can post?
I will post an update photo soon. How are your eyes looking?
thanks for asking. my eyes are looking better. nothing drastic, but definitely an improvement. i'll try to remember to post a 6-week update next week.
Please keep us updated. Good luck :-)
Thank you! I will be patient and wait for a couple more months to see the final result. When are you having your revision done?
right now, it's scheduled for june 5th. keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go as planned!
i haven't been on here in awhile and just now noticed that you wrote a review. your eyes look great (and awesome eyelashes, btw)! i hope your eyelids are healing more evenly now.
I'm not in the medical field....searching for the same procedure; however, both eyes are two different surgery sites so they will heal differently. I think your eyes are gorgeous!! Much more open and brighter. I think you will be really happy with more time.
Thank you for your kind compliment. I understand that both eyes heal differently. The reason for my early concern is that much of the swelling has gone down on my right eye which has caused an excess amount of skin to push on the lash line. It feels very uncomfortable and the muscle seems to be less tight than the left eye. I can definitely see that Dr. B tighten the muscle on my left eye more than my right eye, which I am pleased with but just wish they were both equal. I'm so stress with my eyelids... :(
Thank you. I asked for a higher crease than my original one. My PS and I did not discuss about tapered or parallel creases since I already had an existing crease which is the point where he made the incision at the inner corner of my eyelids.
Looks great!! Can I ask what type of eyelid you asked for? (tapered v. parallel/crease size)?

Thanks!!!