Wished I Would've Done It Sooner - Southlake, TX

I I have wanted a rhinoplasty since I was 12 years...

I I have wanted a rhinoplasty since I was 12 years old, I I am now 30. I have been searching for the right doctor for 10 years and found him in Dr. Michael Bogdan. he made the experience very comfortable, explained everything and has been available to me from day 1.

I'm just 2 weeks post op and I couldn't ask for a better outcome. I feel as though he gave me the nose I should have been born with. Pain with minimal, bruising with minimal, even though mine was an open septoplasty and rhinoplasty procedure. I am a nurseand I had my procedure done on a Tuesday and I was back at work Sunday night, so down time was less than 1 week. the only thing I wish I would've done different is I wish I would've done it sooner. It may sound crazy that is completely change how I see myself and all it is is my nose. And the funny part is nobody else seems to notice they just keep telling me how beautiful I look and I can't pinpoint what I've done different. it was well worth it.

Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Hello - I am wondering if you could tell me how many rhino surgeries your surgeon typically does in a weeks/months/years time? Is he a rhino specialist or a facial cosmetic specialist? I am asking several ladies this question so i can compare their answers to what my surgeon answers to these types of questions when I go in for my consult on Feb 26. Thanks very much!
I actually don't know. I didn't ask. If you don't mind me asking are you in DFW? If so, who are you consulting with? I did a lot of research on almost every dr in the metroplex. I may be able to give you some info, if you want it. Otherwise, I go for my one month follow-up tomorrow, I'll try to remember to ask him. Good luck!
Your new profile made my jaw drop! You look gorgeous, congrats, I'm very glad you like it :) Are you still sleeping elevated, or have you returned to sleeping flat? Also, how have you found your smile to be two weeks later? I'm only 3 day out of my surgery and I find it hilarious when I try and smile, or I laugh, because pre-op I always had a smile that showed off my top teeth, and right now I can't do it at all hahaha I can smile decently if I keep my mouth closed, but if I try and show off my teeth, I can only show off the bottom ones.
Thank you so much! Sleeping elevated didn't last long with me (I'm a stomach sleeper). My smile was kinda stretched for the first 10-14 days but as more swelling has gone done my smile has become more natural and is returning to normal. I have braces so my smile is already not its norm. One thing I wasn't prepared for though was the increased distance between my upper lip and nose tip, it's not bad it's just noticeable to me. But as for your smile, it will probably get better as the swelling reduces. Good luck!
you look great, after the surgery can you apply makeup? what about swimming and tanning. I would love to get one but I am a bit scared :S final question about anesthesia is it general?
I would advise against tanning for at least a few months, but ask a surgeon for a better answer. I would imagine they would advise against it though, since almost all of them recommend that once the cast is removed, the patient wears sunscreen on their nose every single time they go outside for at least a few months. And the anesthesia can be either general or twilight; some surgeons leave that decision up to the patient, others only offer one or the other.
Thank you! If I remember correctly, it's recommended that you wait 4-8 weeks before tanning and swimming; swimming due to bacteria in the water and I'd personally hold off on tanning as long as possible to allow for the scar to heal (if you are having an open surgery). I was wearing make-up (powder and mascara) on day 5 with the splint still on. My surgery took forever because I had a lot of stuff to be fixed so I was under general anesthesia with local anesthesia as well (which reduced post-op pain significantly). I can sympathize with your fear. I've wanted this done forever (18 years- since I was 12) and I put a lot of time and research into it. Fear is normal, but don't let it control you. I am all about self-love and self-improvement. As long as you are doing it for you, you won't regret it (at least that's been my experience). Good luck!
It looks amazing! It's amazing how much it changed in just two weeks! What a great outcome
Thank you!
Looking great! my 2 week is tomorrow it's amazing how much it changes within that time! Congrats on your success you look beautiful!
Thank you!
So interesting how people don't notice your nose after! I'm so glad to hear that cos I keep getting so nervous about people's reactions. You look gorgeous :)
Oh, thank you! Don't worry about what other people think. If you don't make a big deal out of it, neither will anyone else. I bet you are going to look fabulous! Good luck!
Thank you so much for explaining all of that. I really appreciate it. Hope you continue to do well!
You're welcome!
Your result looks fabulous already. Congratulations!
Thank you so much!
wow it looks gorgeous so far! :) congrats!
Thank you so much! Everyday the swelling goes down just a little more, I can't wait to see it in a year when (they say) all the swelling will be gone.
Your new nose looks awesome! I just had rhinoplasty surgery (closed) on February 13 and I am so anxious to get my cast off. I am very swollen and bruised right now. Pain is minimal, but there is a lot of discomfort. You're lucky you recovered so quickly. Enjoy the new and improved you. You look beautiful! :)
Oh getting the splint off is so exciting. My surgery was open so we had stitches to remove too, but that was easy. My best advice is to not cry. I was so pleased when I looked in the mirror for the first time without the splint and stitches I couldn't help but tear up. Don't do it, no matter how happy you are, it adds to the pressure in the nose and is not the most pleasant feeling. The discomfort will go away, just be very careful not to bump it! I swear, I've bumped my nose more in the last 2 weeks than I have in my entire life and it sucks. Thank you so much for your kind words. Let me know how your unveiling goes, I hope your new nose brings you the same happiness mine has me.
Wow, it looks super and fits your face perfectly!
Thank you so much! I am so pleased with the results.
This nose fits you well. You still dont have a tiny little bitty nose, but you dont want that. Your new nose is nice and straight and its perfect for you. You still look like you, but improved. Thats what I would go for, if I choose to have surgery after my consult on Feb 26. I dont want to go from having a big nose to a tiny nose, I just want my nose toned down a notch. Good for you and GREAT results! A+
Thank you so much! And you're right, I didn't want a tiny nose, I just wanted something more aesthetically pleasing. Plus I wanted to be able to breath better, hense the septoplasty. And I love my face, I didnt want a new face, just a better nose. Thank you so much for your kind words!