Life Changing! - Southfield, MI

My name is Nicole R and I am a 37 year old African...

My name is Nicole R and I am a 37 year old African American female. Throughout my life I struggled with constant weight changes as a result of poor eating habits resulting in a severe loss of muscle tone in my abdomen. In late 2011 I decided to seek professional assistance with weight loss and joined a local medical weight loss program which assisted me in losing 45 lbs. Afterwich, I began having severe yeast infections and pain in my sides and back and therefore began consulting with local surgeons to have the skin removed.

After meeting with a couple of surgeons and being discouraged after being told that I was not the ideal weight to have the procedure, a family member recommended that I consult with Dr Bryan. While meeting with Dr Bryan she advised me of my options and gave me a realistic idea of what to expect after the procedure. She took pictures, and estimated that she could removed about 15 pounds of excess skin from my abdomen. I was advised to give her staff about 6 weeks to get a response from my insurance company.

Within 3 weeks I received a call from Dr Bryan's staff advising that the procedure had been approved and we scheduled a surgery date for January 14, 2013. During the pre-op appointment Dr Bryan and her staff instructed on how to care for the JP Drains and gave me pain medication prescriptions to fill prior to being released from the hospital.

I am currently 8 weeks post-op and I am loving my new body! I never knew that I had curves hiding under all that hanging skin. Dr Bryan removed a total of 18 pounds during the surgery. Like many of the reviews that I read I too have had an infection, most likely due to being a type 2 diabetic, which has slowed down my healing process. I am very happy with my results and most importantly, I could'nt have been blessed with a better Doctor. Dr Bryan treats each patient like a family member. She visited each day that I was in the hospital and is always accessible, patient and reassuring no matter what time I call her. Dr Bryan has even met with me after hours and on the weekends when I had concerns.

Just had mine on the 28 of march

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement! If you don't mind me asking, did you have weight loss surgery, or were you just guided by a weight loss doctor?

I'm so glad you're feeling well after your surgery and enjoying your results! We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing!

Thanks for asking. I did not have weight loss surgery rather I joined a local physician guided weight loss program where I was placed on a high protein low carb diet and shown how to properly plan and prepare healthy, fresh, preservative free meals.

Post op and I can't seem to stay offline shopping!...

Post op and I can't seem to stay offline shopping! I don't have to shop at Lane Bryant anymore!!!!! I have a newfound love for Gap and The Limited!!

You look great... I can't wait for mine in May although I am nervous looking at your results has hyped me up. lol
Looks awesome congrats!!
Looking great!

Hello Ladies, thanks for checking me out. I added...

Hello Ladies, thanks for checking me out. I added a new pic today and I realized today that I am VERY HAPPY!! I noticed that some swelling has subsided because I was able to put on a pair of cotton khakis with no stretch. I mean I actuallly got them past these thighs, buttoned and zipped!! Yay!

You look AMAZING!!!!! I had my surgery on May 7, 2013 and I can not wait to see the end result. I lost 97 lbs and I had 3 lbs of extra skin removed off my stomach.
You look great!!!! I am so happy for you...and honey you doing the dam thing in them white pants. I have mine done June 7th. Wish me luck!!!! Keep up the good work!
OMG you look great!!!!! My body is very similar o yours and I'm scheduled May 3rd and I can't wait. I'm scheduled for panniculectomy/abnoplasty lipo hip and waist and a but lift.... The new me is on the way...... You look awesome... Congrats and keep posting... Please provide any pointers!,,,,,,

New Life

I am so pleased with the results from my surgery!! I have been looking for form fitting dresses to wear to my class reunion as well as my Family Reunion. I still have some swelling in my upper abdomen which I massage daily and I've began using the scar cream to help with the itching and to fade the scar.

I have uploaded a pic of me in my new underwear!! so happy

Go girl! Looking good. How are u doing now?
Thank you! I am doing well. A lot of the swelling has subsided
Ur welcome. That's great, are u going to post recent pics?

Update

9 months post-op! in July I had to get a dog ear removed and later a keloid from the same site. I am recovering well, although I still find it hard to sit for long periods of time or move as fast as I used to. My stomach is still hard at the top and I have to remember to massage it, which I sometimes forget. Overall, this was the best thing that I've ever done! I am so happy with my new figure, I am confident, secure and bold.

Hello, you look amazing. Congrats on your weightloss! I wanted to ask if you just had a panniculectomy or a full Tummy Tuck. I am waiting for approval for the panniculectomy and is nervous that I will not be satisfied with the results. You have the best I've seen so far. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for checking out my profile, I had a full tuck.
You look awesome. How are you?

Almost A Year

This has definitely been a journey and next week will be one year post-op! I am so happy that I've done this, I feel more confident. My Dr also told me that people would treat me better, it's true! Smh at our society.

Wow you look amazing congrats!!
So your insurance did pay? Can I ask what insurance you have? I'm actually in Royal Oak and looking for a surgeon!
Lauran Bryan