Life Changing! - Southfield, MI

My name is Nicole R and I am a 37 year old African...

My name is Nicole R and I am a 37 year old African American female. Throughout my life I struggled with constant weight changes as a result of poor eating habits resulting in a severe loss of muscle tone in my abdomen. In late 2011 I decided to seek professional assistance with weight loss and joined a local medical weight loss program which assisted me in losing 45 lbs. Afterwich, I began having severe yeast infections and pain in my sides and back and therefore began consulting with local surgeons to have the skin removed.

After meeting with a couple of surgeons and being discouraged after being told that I was not the ideal weight to have the procedure, a family member recommended that I consult with Dr Bryan. While meeting with Dr Bryan she advised me of my options and gave me a realistic idea of what to expect after the procedure. She took pictures, and estimated that she could removed about 15 pounds of excess skin from my abdomen. I was advised to give her staff about 6 weeks to get a response from my insurance company.

Within 3 weeks I received a call from Dr Bryan's staff advising that the procedure had been approved and we scheduled a surgery date for January 14, 2013. During the pre-op appointment Dr Bryan and her staff instructed on how to care for the JP Drains and gave me pain medication prescriptions to fill prior to being released from the hospital.

I am currently 8 weeks post-op and I am loving my new body! I never knew that I had curves hiding under all that hanging skin. Dr Bryan removed a total of 18 pounds during the surgery. Like many of the reviews that I read I too have had an infection, most likely due to being a type 2 diabetic, which has slowed down my healing process. I am very happy with my results and most importantly, I could'nt have been blessed with a better Doctor. Dr Bryan treats each patient like a family member. She visited each day that I was in the hospital and is always accessible, patient and reassuring no matter what time I call her. Dr Bryan has even met with me after hours and on the weekends when I had concerns.

Post op and I can't seem to stay offline shopping!...

Post op and I can't seem to stay offline shopping! I don't have to shop at Lane Bryant anymore!!!!! I have a newfound love for Gap and The Limited!!

Hello Ladies, thanks for checking me out. I added...

Hello Ladies, thanks for checking me out. I added a new pic today and I realized today that I am VERY HAPPY!! I noticed that some swelling has subsided because I was able to put on a pair of cotton khakis with no stretch. I mean I actuallly got them past these thighs, buttoned and zipped!! Yay!

New Life

I am so pleased with the results from my surgery!! I have been looking for form fitting dresses to wear to my class reunion as well as my Family Reunion. I still have some swelling in my upper abdomen which I massage daily and I've began using the scar cream to help with the itching and to fade the scar.

I have uploaded a pic of me in my new underwear!! so happy

Update

9 months post-op! in July I had to get a dog ear removed and later a keloid from the same site. I am recovering well, although I still find it hard to sit for long periods of time or move as fast as I used to. My stomach is still hard at the top and I have to remember to massage it, which I sometimes forget. Overall, this was the best thing that I've ever done! I am so happy with my new figure, I am confident, secure and bold.

Almost A Year

This has definitely been a journey and next week will be one year post-op! I am so happy that I've done this, I feel more confident. My Dr also told me that people would treat me better, it's true! Smh at our society.
Lauran Bryan