Tummy Tuck Recovery - South Carolina

I had a full tummy tuck done 11months ago and i am...

I had a full tummy tuck done 11months ago and i am still trilled with the results. I was well prepared for the recovery by my surgeon so there were no surprises. I hated having the drains in and because i did not read ALL the post op info i was given i was upset because there was sooo much leakage from the drains mostly when i was in bed at night.

I did not want anyone around me post op BIG mistake! you will definately need someone around for at least a week. Just getting into and out of bed was a challenge. Be prepared for the backache because you are stooped over for so long i found siiting on the couch with pillows all around me really helped.

Im not a fan of pain meds but they really helped. My surgeon had me start antibiotics a few days before the procedure and i continued them for about a week after i was meticulous with changing my dressings and had absolutely no problems now im going back to hve my flanks and inner and outer thighs done in 6 days cannot wait!

Thanks for posting your experience here! I'm glad it was a positive one. It's always good to learn about women's experiences several months post-op.

Dr Shayne Webb

dr w spent 1 hr and 45 minutes at our initial consultation every aspect of the procedure was explained to us..he had firm requirements regarding pre op testing i had to come off my birth control pill for 5 weeks prior to the procedure my after care was excellent both Dr W and his staff were fully available to me at all times