Considering Chin Implant Removal - South Carolina

I had a septo/rhyn and a chin implant about 9...

I had a septo/rhyn and a chin implant about 9 weeks ago... my nose looks wonderful however my chin implant has given me nothing but trouble. I HATE the way the implant makes my face look very squared and off, but the problemI'm having the most is trouble with my speech and after 9 weeks I still can't smile (the smile looks aweful) my lip will not allow my lower teeth to show. I am a dental hygienist so my smile is my career and it has taken a toll onmy quality of life. Another big concern is the past 4 days I have started to have pain on the right side of my chin into my jaw, things such as sitting toothpaste and eating have become very painful.

- If I have it removed after 9 weeks will the "pocket" make my chin sagg?
- Does the pain and swelling indicate an infection?
- Because my lower lip will not go down when I talk/smile could that be from the actual impant blocking or impending on the mental nerve?

Please help,
The hygienist with no smile :(

I had the implant removed about 3 weeks ago and...

I had the implant removed about 3 weeks ago and immediatley felt relief. My smile is back about 80% and gets better every week. The oral surgeon that removed it (not the orignal doctor) said that it had shifted a great deal and that is where the pain and terrible look was coming from. I wish the rest of you the best of luck because I know how discouraging it can be to feel that your "self" has been taken away.

He does not acknowledge that my smile is different and says I'm beautiful and have nothing to worry about, therefore if I decide to have it removed or corrected I am responsible for all costs

Did you have your implant removed now? And if so did it leave your chin/skin looking normal?
I am glad you had the chin implant removed. I hope all is well.
To be honest in your before picture you looked absolutely beautiful You didn't need any surgery what so ever....
I had my implant removed about 4 weeks ago and I am very happy with the results. My speech is normal again and my facial expressions have returned. The scar tissue has left a very acceptable chin augmentation, but I'm just wondering how long the scar tissue will last. Does anybody know?
Im not sure sorry....I haven't had my implant removed YET!
Did you by any chance have it removed by a doctor in the LA area? If so who? Actively seeking an expert in this area....if anyone knows of a doctor that has had removed implants successfully and treated the skin around the skin please post here!! Thank you:)
wow... my doctor paid for everything, although, he states that he never encountered a patient with a bad reaction to a chin implant. Swears that this was his first explant. All of my problems disappeared in one day, however, I am still very swollen. what happens to the skin? My procedure was done with a face lift. Will I now have unwanted sagging skin that I wouldn't have had if I just did a face lift without an implant?
Question - Why do you choose an oral surgeon over your original surgeon? Is oral surgery covered under health insurance? How much did you pay?
i had chin implant, rhiniplasty and some lipo under my neck 6 weeks ago. i love my nose and like the look of the chin from the side, but hate front view. i look so different and cant smile like i used to with bottom lip...plus half of my chin and lip is still numb. If i get it removed will i look back to like i did before surgery? will the numbness go away fairly quickly?
How does your chin look now? Will you be posting any pics of your removal? Would you recommend it? I hate my chin and deciding between removal or replacement.
Im getting my chin implant out tomorrow. Did u do it?
No not yet. It's been 6 months and I'm at a place I can live with it for now, and I'm not obsessed with it, but I an still unhappy. Sounds like we have a similar problem. Love the side, but hate the front. I've been having a hard time accepting the difference it made to my front as that was not the issue and did not want changed. I did get fillers and much happier so once that wears off, in about a year, I will pursue the removal or different implant size/type.
Hi you got Radiesse filler? I've been wanting to get Radiesse on my chin and some on the cheek bone but I'm too scared bc of the reviews? Have you seen the bad and scary reviews here? I've been postponing it for over a year now. Why didn't you have the filler again the next year? Can one have it a couple more times?
Had my chin implant replaced today with a small implant (from a medium. ) The reason I had so many problems is the implant was buckling and was too big for my mouth. I look like my old self. My lips are full and the pain is gone. So happy
Yes I got perlane and radiesse. Or is it restalyn? Its the one that lasts longer. I am happier with fillers, however I did it to see if a implant with wing would look better and it did. I am looking to get it replaced. Check out my profile. I have not updated, but will soon.
Would you mind sharing pics on here or private message? In debating on going from small to medium or take it out all together, but worried of pitosis or dimpling without implant. Glad your feeling better. Look forward to hearing about your healing. Will you post a blog about your journey. Not many have about implant revisions, especially with pics.
If u don't like how u look then definitely change it. go from medium to small. I thought my profile with the medium was ok too but now comparing before and after pics it was horrible. All of it was horrible!! I think we just try to accept it. However It's not permanent so You can change it. Luckily my doc did for free because he realized things were not right . ( I showed him lots of before pics of me). Good luck
Im really happy for you ;)...I was thinking on having Radiesse but Im scared bc of the reviews here : Allergies , or reactions and stuff like that Where you scared about implant regection or an allergy and causing scary life changing situations?? Since the implant is made of silicone, I'm scared of having a reaction or allergy to it.
Hi!! Where you scared of the Radiesse since there Are so many bad reviews in this site??? Allergic reactions, autoimmune or reactions and stuff like that. And Bout the implant. Since its made of silicone, are you scared of an autoimmune reaction or alergic reaction??
Hi cjr. I just had a chin implant and I am having the same problem you were having. its been 5 weeks now and I cant smile the same and my speech it not the same either, I want to have it removed or go down smaller. Was there any excess skin under your chin because the removal? all my best.
HI Cjr, i just got my chin implant 5 weeks ago and I am having the same problem you were having and I want to have it removed or down sized. I am concerned with the after the procedure will I have excess skin and the scar tissue being worse? how is yours now ? Thank you and all my best,
I thought your face looked perfectly fine before. If you wanted more definition, perhaps lipo under the chin. However, go with an expert who won't suck out too much thus making you look older!
You look really beautiful without the implant. Have you heard about fillers? I have an apptment for Radiesse in chin but after watching so MANY bad reviews here, Im scared to try it now. Some people have said it has damaged their health and their lives and wish they never done it. But I was dreaming if how I would look and now I Dont know What to do. How is it that so Many Radiesse reviews are so horrible and chin implant reviews are almost all good ones? I was told chin implants were more dangerous
I need to interject here. I've been scouring the internet looking for a chin removal EXPERT to remove my chin implant. Please please please continue to read on this site....all you have to do is type in "chin implant removal" and you will find no less that 10 pages of people with my exact same story!! It has been a NIGHTMARE for me....all I wanted was a little projection - thats it!!! So slight....I was told it would be such a simple procedure...4 implants and $10,000 later I want this thing out!!! Biggest regret of my life. Perhaps for males who want a big square chin there is slightly more success...I have found many many people with my same story. Its frightening! Buyer Beware....If I can save one person from the hell Ive gone thru, it will be worth it... Peace:)
Hi! What was the problem with your chin implant?