Considering Chin Implant Removal - South Carolina

I had a septo/rhyn and a chin implant about 9...

I had a septo/rhyn and a chin implant about 9 weeks ago... my nose looks wonderful however my chin implant has given me nothing but trouble. I HATE the way the implant makes my face look very squared and off, but the problemI'm having the most is trouble with my speech and after 9 weeks I still can't smile (the smile looks aweful) my lip will not allow my lower teeth to show. I am a dental hygienist so my smile is my career and it has taken a toll onmy quality of life. Another big concern is the past 4 days I have started to have pain on the right side of my chin into my jaw, things such as sitting toothpaste and eating have become very painful.

- If I have it removed after 9 weeks will the "pocket" make my chin sagg?
- Does the pain and swelling indicate an infection?
- Because my lower lip will not go down when I talk/smile could that be from the actual impant blocking or impending on the mental nerve?

Please help,
The hygienist with no smile :(

I had the implant removed about 3 weeks ago and...

I had the implant removed about 3 weeks ago and immediatley felt relief. My smile is back about 80% and gets better every week. The oral surgeon that removed it (not the orignal doctor) said that it had shifted a great deal and that is where the pain and terrible look was coming from. I wish the rest of you the best of luck because I know how discouraging it can be to feel that your "self" has been taken away.

He does not acknowledge that my smile is different and says I'm beautiful and have nothing to worry about, therefore if I decide to have it removed or corrected I am responsible for all costs