12 Year Old Tattoo Gets the Zap! Brisbane, AU

Much like a lot of people, I wanted to get my...

Much like a lot of people, I wanted to get my tattoo removed because of regret. I got it for my partner at the time who became my husband and we were together for 8 LONG, painful years. My relationship was full of abuse and heartbreak (I won't go in to it but let's just say, this tattoo had to go!) it was a cartoon of me when I was chubbier and the girl had his name written on her arm. A few years ago I was getting another tattoo and asked my artist to scribble his name out. I thought that would be ok and I wouldn't hate it so much if his name was hidden. Turns out I still hated it just as much! Ok, on with the laser. I've had 3 treatments so far by the best laser guy in Australia. Mike Driver. Does it hurt? Yes, feels like a rubber band heated up that snaps you over and over. Was it worth it? Hell yes! I'll post the before first, then I'll post my treatments separately.

Welcome :)  I have heard of Mike Driver - sounds like you are in good hands! What laser is he using?
Welcome to the site! Are you planning to upload some post-laser photos? Would love to see them. :-)

1st treatment

Treatment 1. I put a chemist bought cream on called Emla. I put it on as instructed, in a thick layer 2 hours before my appointment and wrapped it in glad-wrap to stop it drying. When I got to my appointment, he took the wrap off and cream. My arm was not numb at all! So I felt the entire procedure as if hadn't put cream on at all.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

2nd treatment

For my second treatment I got a cream called Dr Numb. Brilliant stuff!! Actually worked! And whilst I could still feel the laser and it still stung quite a bit, it was nothing compared to feeling it without numbing cream. I didn't get any after photos but it frosted the same and bruised just like my first treatment.

You are having amazing results with just a few treatments. Congrats! You're on your way to fantastic success story. A terrific ending for you. aloha...k
Wow for just 2 treatments those are promising results! What laser is he using? Good luck to you and hope to read more posts on your progress.

3rd treatment

My third treatment was a breeze! I slathered the old Dr Numb on, worked like a charm again. Mike said I would only probably need 3 treatments but mentioned if I needed a 4th, he would not expect me to pay for it. The stars, hair and other bits seem to be stubborn. He told me to wait three months after this treatment to make sure all the ink disburses before we consider doing a 4th treatment. Apparently the ink particles will continue to disburse months and months after the treatment. We'll see! Overall, so far, my expectations have been exceeded. I can't wait to see the final result and start my coverup!!

wow that looks awesome! thanks for posting. give me hope about mine!
Thanks! I had a look at yours, what a horrible artist to do that! I hope it hasn't put you off tattoos for life. Just make sure you do your research! Your removal is blistering which is not what mine does, I have a feeling you may be getting treated with a different kind of laser. Mine has never blistered like that, I reckon you're going to be left with scarring.
Mike Driver

Mike is the most professional laser removal operator. He has clinics Australia wide and recently opened a new one. I recommend his services 100%