Vaser Lipo on my Back - South Africa, ZA

I had vaser lipo done on my back on the 2/4/12 in...

I had vaser lipo done on my back on the 2/4/12 in CapeTown South Africa..I am writing this review as i did not read any reviews about dr's in Cape Town that did vaser. It will be monday 14/05/12 6 weeks post op and i am feeling fantastic.The procedure was done in the dr's clinic.I was stiff afterwards,but otherwise fine.I went for aftercare every day for 1 week and will recommend it as well as wearing the garment.I am still wearing the garment.

Day 3 was my worst day as i was very sore and stiff.day 5 the drains were taken out.The swelling started soon afterwards and even my legs and feet were swollen a lot.It was very difficult for me to sleep as my back was stiff and hard,but with daily massage (twice a day)it was much better.I actually recovered so well that i wnnt back to gym after the 3 rd week(slowly cycling and doing low pact excercise.I was reluctant at first to do the procedure as i wanted the Dr to do my back and arms in 1 procedure ,,but i am actually very glad i had it done and i also understand know why she could not do it together.

She aspired over 6litres from my back alone .My back was a miracle as i still cannot believe the results.Iam amazed at what this dr. did .She actually do not do any procedure in less than 2 months apart ,but my arms was done 5weeks post op from my back.I will write about my arms later.This dr is a true artist ...I did not think that any one could fix my back after all the loose hanging fat that would not go away with dieting and excercise,but she really did a miracle for me.I praise GOD for working through her.My body was messed up as i had many plastic surgery operations before.I was cut on my back and my lower back and my bum had no shape..It is truly a a wonderful procedure and the best investment i made on myself so far.. .

I had vaser done on my arms and neck on the 7th of...

I had vaser done on my arms and neck on the 7th of May .It is 10 days post op today and i am feeling fantastic.I am amazed at how quick the healing process has been for me.I am a bit stiff in my arms and it is a bit swollen,but i feel wonderful. The dr took the drains out after the 3 rd day . I really do believe that the aftercare and the garment is the reason for my quick recovery.The dr aspired 1 litre from each arm.I am so excited that i decided to do the rest of my body as well.I am planning to do my legs and stomach later in the year.The nurse is doing lymphdrainage and ultrasound twice a week on my arms and chin.I have decided to go for 5 more treatments over the next 2 weeks.I must say the biggest problem for me at this stage is the garment for the arms, as it is very difficult for me to put on without help. .i have decided to go back to the gym next week as it helped me a lot with my recovery of the previous procedure i had on my back.I am just going to do low impact excercises to help with the blood circulation I will post photos of my arms at a later stage..The cost for the procedure on the arms ,2 garments as well as the aftercare so far amounts to R20.000.00 (2.500.USD).

I had Vaser procedure on my arms on the 7th of May...

I had Vaser procedure on my arms on the 7th of May.The photos are 3weeks post op on my arms and and i must say that i am very satisfied.The photos of my back is 8weeks post op.The dr took 1 litre out of each arm .She is really excellent..I went for lymphdrainage and ultrasound every 2nd day for the 1st week and from the 2nd week twice a week.Ihad no pain ,but my one arm was a bit stiff and hard.I had openings in each of my arms and although it was oozing a lot i believe it too be the reason for my speedy recoveryThe nurse did an excellent job and advised me to take painkillers for the 1st week before my lymphdrainage which resulted in minimum discomfort and pain while being treated.The dr charged me just over R2,000.USD..for the arms and aftercare..I went back to gym after the 2nd week and although Dr recommende 3 - 4 weeks i really feel it is helping me a lot with my recovery as i amdoing light excercises.I cannot wait for my next procedure,but Dr is still deciding when she will do that while monitoring my recovery. I will really recommend Vaser to everybody that have my problem.I was stuggling with my body for years and had traditional lipo done to my arms years back ,but it was a disaster.!The dr couldnt do my Back as i had too much loose skin.With the Vaser it was possible and the results are fantastic as my skin is smooth,pain minimal comparing to the other lipo procedure and healing process much quicker..

On the 4th of June i had vaser done on my legs...

On the 4th of June i had vaser done on my legs.Today is 4weeks post op.I must say that the legs were totally different from the rest of the procedures i had done so far.It was a bit painful and it was very difficult to get into the garment the first 2 weeks.The inside of my legs are still very sensitive when i touch it and the inside of my knees swollen and numb.The dr aspired 4.6 litres from my legs.I must say that my legs are looking very well and although it still feel like 'pins and needles '.it was all worth it.The aftercare is helping a lot .I had 10 treatments of lymphdrainage and ultrasound ,but booked another 5 treatments of massage and ultrasound.treatments as it really help with the healing process.I am very happy about the results and will post some pics when the swelling is down..the dr did a fantastic job with the vaser as well as the aftercare follow up.i am already planning my next procedure ,but the Dr suggested that i wait till August or September.Wow !.cant believe how well my legs look!..Vaser is really the only procedure that i will recomment to any one that wants liposuction done. Iam going to gym tomorrow morning as i believe that cycling will help a lot with the bloodcirculation.....especially for the knees.. .. ..

I have to share my experience around the vaser ...

I have to share my experience around the vaser procedure i had done on my stomach!!..After i had my legs done, my Dr suggested to wait a while before i have another procedure done. Well i waited for about 9 weeks and then i had my stomach done ..Although the procedure was done about 10 weeks ago i still feel that i need to share it with you .I had a few procedures done by Dr Kotze and i must once again say that Vaser is a wonderful way of sculpting the body .It is the only lipo procedure that i believe in .The procedure was done under sedation .I had no pain for the 1st 3 days and then after that i had a bit of discomfort .but Dr gave me some medication that helped me .. 7 days later i started to swell for a few days which is normal as it is part of the healing process according my Dr, Through all the procedures( including this one ) i had minimal pain and the healing process was very fast. I can honoustly say that my body changed weekly and now after almost 3 months i look absolutely fantastic! I was a miracle patient as my body was totally misformed through various cosmetic operations (that went wrong )through the years ,but Dr Kotze did a fantastic job!.I would really want to go back next year and see if she could do a touch up procedure for me on certain areas as my problem was SO VAST that it was impossible to do everything the first time round .It is honostly nothing but a MIRACLE what she has done for me thus far..I also TRULY believe the after treatment played a very important role in my healing process ,as well as the fact that the procedures were done by such a caring Dr ,who is truly an artist.used by God to help people like me. .I want to encourage people that read this review, to really consider Vaser ,should you have a problem like i had.NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE if you have a dedicated Dr that has a good track record like Dr Kotze.The Nurse was always very professional.and as a team they would go the 2nd mile to accomodate me ,even by phoning and sending me a sms at night .I could phone Dr even 2am at night and she would answer her phone.To me that is TRULY a Dr that put her patients wellbeing first.. I had a swimming costume on today for the first time in more than 20 years !! My family gave me STANDING applause!! .My sister bought it for me ....and i must say ,........I. looked pretty cute for a grandma in her late 50;s.!! Just the mere fact that i had fun in the pool with my grandchildren IN A SWIMMING SUIT brought tears to my eyes .Thank you Dr Kotze .You really gave me my selfconfidence back that i lost through the years.

It is a few months after my last Vaser lipo and i...

It is a few months after my last Vaser lipo and i must admit that am still very satisfied with my results.I go to the gym at least 3 times a week as i believe that excercise is most important after the Vaser. I intend going back this year to do the touch up procedures as my body was so damaged that it was humanly impossible to do everything with the first round of procedures. Dr is going to touch up my legs and vaser my knees and calves.She is also going to twig my arms ...Iam so excited!. I will keep you posted .iam just waiting for the cooler weather that is normally making its way here by April......... ..
Dr Kotze

the dr and the nurse was very caring and anwered all my questions .The aftercare is very important and the nurse Pottie was very gentle with me.They were and still are available 24 hr .The dr email me and sms me and i can contact her 24 hr.They were very professional and caring.I was amazed at the cost and i paid a dep of 30 % 2 weeks before the procedure and the balance just before the procedure..The dr do procedures 2 months apart ,but 1 of mine was done 5 weeks apart as i was very fit and ready to do it.

Just read your whole story. Amazing and so many surgeries. I had lipo 6 years ago but with local anesthesia so it hurt and he had to stop doing my upper abs and didnt do my bra line. So now at age 60 going to another Dr who did my face lift 8 months ago. Amazing results. This time general and thinking about my inner thighs. So scared they will droop and hang.I have good skin. Only 2 weeks and booked Jan 15. I am not sure where I could get LDM as it will be in Cancun. It seems it really worked for you. Again amazing results wow!!!
Iam so glad your facelift was a success..Are you going for vaser?I really believe in the vaser lipo as it really worked for me.The healing process is faster and the procedure is different from traditional Lipo. You must post a photo after your procedure.It is also most important to go for aftercare and to wear your garment!.Go well!
Hi, Thandi. I must say that your results are incredible and very inspiring. In fact, I was so impressed that I immediately sought a consult with Dr. K! I have a few questions for you before booking any procedures: 1. I plan to treat as many areas as you have. Did Dr. K advise against doing so many areas during one procedure as a safety precaution? 2. What was the most helpful aspect of your recovery? Was it returning to the gym sooner, the compression garments, or the ultrasound & lymphatic drainage sessions? As I read more about VASER, I worry about developing the "dimpled" appearance that I've noticed in several post-surgical photos. Your results show that it is possible to prevent them.
Hi Nouvelle Thank you for the comment .I truly believe God used Dr Kotze to help me.I prayed and wept before the Lord for months as i felt ' imprisoned' in my body for years .I could not even get myself to undress in front of my husband. .I .knew that i needed help ,but i was so scared as i had so many bad experiences before with surgery and ,especially with traditional Lipo.!.When i met Dr Kotze she told me that the skin retraction is better with Vaser than with traditional Lipo,but that there are no guarentees as i had too much loose skin.!Well all i can say is that the proof is in my photos She is very artistic and know exactly what to do.I trust her 100%..About the procedures...She will not do anything on you unless she is certain that you are ready.She would not do my back and arms together.I was upset at first ,but afterwards realised that it was for the best.Just trust her judgement.Every patient's situation is different.I had to wait until she was satisfied with my recovery before she did the following procedure.Your body will tell you.I just had my stomach done recently and realised that all these procedures were the best investment i ever made. . When i look at my before and after pictures i can onlly thank God that he brought Dr Kotze into my life with the Vaser.I was totally misformed! Traditional lipo can never work on loose skin .I tried that before and the Dr could not help me , my arms were messed up! The Vaser could do it ,as it is a different technique !The aftercare is most important .The nurse is excellent Very Caring and genuinely concerned about her patients.I got individual attention 24/7 .They made me feel so special and i could contact the Dr right through the night.Nouvelle..You need at least 10 after treatments as it definetely help with the healing process. .The garment is of upmost importance.! ia m still wearing mine at times (i love it).It is like a second skin...then .MOST IMPORTANT go to a Dr that you trust and seen results of......All i can say ....... .I have no dimples and i had a lot of loose skin.! I will never ever in my life go for any other lipo than Vaser .I am a walking excample of Vaser Lipo . . Go well and let me know when you are starting your yourney with the Vaser.
Thank you, Thandi. This is all very reassuring to hear. Due to my schedule (and budget!), I'd love to VASER my back and arms simultaneously. But getting results like yours will be worth doing staged procedures. And although I've only communicated with Dr. K via email thus far, I can feel how seriously she takes her patients' safety. I look forward to working with her and thank _you_, Thandi (as well as Dr. K's other patients!) for posting on RealSelf. I've learned so much about what to look for in a good surgeon thanks to posts like yours. Good luck with your recovery and all the best.
Hi Nouvelle .Yes .Real self gives us a wonderful platform to share our honost experiences with people around the world.Ive seen and learned much through Realself. Nouvelle We as mothers /women tend to rather invest in our children and families( and there is nothing wrong with that,) BUT MOST OF THE TIMES WE NEGLECT OUSRSELVES.. ! Save up girl ,spoil yourself ,and just do it ! .It will change your life ..It changed mine.!.i have much more energy and confidence .I have more patience with people as i feel better about myself .I feel and look 20years younger! I was a very frustrated person , as my body made me feel miserable .. I was ashamed to go places as i felt inferior and had no selfconfidence ..... . My husband told me that ..I am a totally different person ... . more patient and loving towards him and the family.!.He loves my shape (i never had one before)At times i look at myself in the mirror and just thank God what he has done for me. .I am going to gym as i believe the Vaser was a kickstart and i now look after my new body!i Iam wearing tshirts ( woman cut )for the 1st time in +- 20years!I always bought the ones for men as i could not fit into the others with my arms and upperbody! I am so thankful for my 'new life'. Go for it girl ,you deserve to do it for yourself.!.........Go Well and keep us posted. .
Hi Thandi I'm so sorry you had to go through all that but as you say that was years ago. Things have changed a lot since then and even with that I WILL NEVER ALLOW ANY DOCTOR WITHOUT THE NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERTISE TO TOUCH ME. I have been researching for quite a while on this type of surgery and would like more info from someone who had been through this. We dont hear much of this from our African sisters who had done this. If you know of someone pls let me know and thanks for your advise Thandi. Till later. Mo
HiMo My operations was done years ago.I had 3 around that area.They cut me right around up to my buttocks.It was a disaster.!Fat was removed from my thighs and around the groin/.upper legs. I had very bad experiences and scars with my operations.I am ever so sorry i had it done..Please make sure you choose the right Dr.!,.Iam very much against surgery after my experiences. Sorry to sound so negative but I only trust the Vaser .Not even traditional Lipo worked with me.I trust my Dr that did the Vaser as she performed quite a few miracles on me.She is an amazing Dr .. ...even the nurse .WOW! what a dedicated person!.They make such a wonderful team.Make you feel so special and at home..Mo i .hope you find the right Dr soon .I will also keep my ears opens.....Take Care. ... .
Thandi, your upper legs look smoother and of course smaller. Your doctor did an amazing job. I have thunder thighs (family trait) and am thinking about having a thigh lift. Your thighs are way smaller than mine. Seriously considering a thigh lift cause after having the inner thigh lipo; it sagged quite a bit.
Mo.Dr took much on the inside ,but i go to Gym as i am a bit scared of the innerthigh lift.Had one years back .It was very sore , especially when you need to go to the toilet. It also sagged a lot after a while. Well .I realised that i need to excercise at least 4 times a week to stay in shape.. ..
Hi Thandi I'm actually lucky to be speaking to you. I have been researching the inner thighlift for some time now and you might be the person to help out since you had it done. 1. What type of lift did you have? (groin only incision or vertical incision). 2. How is your scarring and how long were you out of action. 3. The name of the doctor who performed the surgery. 4. Were you happy with the results? Was it worth the pain and dollars? 5. Price?
Hi Mo Yes it has been a while.I am actually doing VERY well.I am still getting use to my new body! For the first time in years i can wear a short sleave top.! The Dr took about 5litres from my legs! ,I realise that the Vaser was just a kick start.We have to work on our bodies girl! Keep it up and Go well ...Thandi.
Hi Thandi How are you doing? It has been a while. How are your leg results so far? I am still doing well cant complain. Take care and God bless. Mo
Thnx Mo .Go Well!
Oopsie! Yes, it's your 3rd procedure. I only had 2 Vaser lipo procedures; my thighs and arms etc. Don't think about having any just yet since I'm more proportionate now and want to keep it that way. The weight is an ongoing battle, I know. I am doing excellent can't complain. My results are still great!

I will find out and pm you about a PS in CT.

Good luck and chat to you soon.

Mo
Hi Mo
So good to hear of you.It is actually my 3rd lipo procedure.I must say that it is still very sore.I had my legs done on both sides to my knees.The legs are not like the back and the arms. It is burning girl!Any way is all worth it as it is getting better by the day.The aftercare is also helping a lot.I only have one more vaser left ...on my stomach.After that i am going for a neck lift and a boobi job.!! I am just concerned that i will gain weight again,therefore i am in gym as much as possible.How are you doing after all your procedures? Mo I am looking for a Dr That is good with neck procedures.If you hear of anyone in Cape Town please let me know as i want to go to a few Dr 's for consultations before i decide on one.I do not want to go through a bad experience again. God Bless .
Hi Thandi,

Congrats with your 2nd lipo procedure. Whoa!! You definitely deserve it after going through all the horrible surgeries. I really am happy for you and your doctor is a God sent. You look good so far; can't wait to see your legs.

Good luck and all the best.

Mo
I had Vaser now 2 years ago and still amazed every day at the results... :)
thank you .I am really so amazed about the results myself.! i will post more photos at a later stage as i was still swollen a lot on the pics you saw. .
Hi Thandi, excellent results and congrats to Dr Kotze
Hi Duncan thnx for the comment .Yes i have a fantastic Dr.I just had my legs done as well!
I will post more pics later as i am still very swollen.My Dr is sculping my whole body .I am still going to do my stomach as well.i thank GOD every day that he sent Dr Kotze accross my way as she is a true artist and so dedicated to helping me.When i went for my first consultation i really thought that she couldnt help me after i saw the photos she took of me,as i had no shape after all the previous operations that went wrong!,but she really performed a few miracles on me...
Dramatic result! Good for you.
I had plastic surgery done to my buttocks some years back .The dr took too much away from the one side. From. that Dr i went to a few others and they all tried to help me ,but it became worse as i had almost no bum left.It was hanging .The dr that tried to build me a bum told me that my top and bottom is not in proportion and that he will have to cut my upper back to get some balance between my upper body and my lower body..I went into a depression afterso many operations and just let go of myself.I gained weight and then went for lipo on my arms and upper back.It was a disaster! i am going to vaser my legs next as they took too much away from my legs years back,when they cut my buttocks.I was cut right down past my private parts and fat was removed from my legs in front and the back by opening the skin and removing the fat.These operations happened over a period of 20 years and i am sure that they do not do those procedures anymore today.Any way after my legs i will have to do my stomach as it is still skew on the on side.Ia m going to post all the pics as i make progress.It is very difficult to explain everything in detail,but you will be able to see when i post my before and after photos of my legs and stomach..thx for all the encouragement!
Thnx Mo.Iam feeling very well,my arms have a little bit of pins and needles ,but i think it is part of the healing process.How long did your arms take to heal?Iam going for my legs next!
How long did the legs took to heal?Did you have drains in your legs?This Dr is really very good with Vaser.Ia m so impressMo.Ihad my body cut to a blob as you see on my photos, It is a real miracle what she achieved through this procedure.I was looking all over for helpo and no Plastic Surgeon could help me .The traditonal lipo messed me up so much that i gave up hope.My body was in my opinion not able to look normal again.I must say that i gave Jesus my Lord and Saviour all the credit as it was through must prayer that i came across the Vaser Procedure...I can recommennd it too all the people out there with my problem.. regards