Co2 Laser Under Eyes -South Africa, ZA

I had CO2 laser on July 2nd along with a...

I had CO2 laser on July 2nd along with a blepharoplasty and fat injections to tear troughs. The surgeon only made one light pass with the laser to tighten up the under eye area. You can see the full review here.

I am now just over a month out and still have quite dark red marks and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this or has any advice? I'm no longer in the same country as my doc so any advice appreciated.
Lionel Jedeikin

Very talented surgeon, great practice. Very happy with the blepharoplasty although only time will tell regarding the laser treatment.will keep updating about this.

The marks have settled down a lot. Most days they are just pale pink, some days they are invisible. It depends on heat, sleep, exertion. I'm hoping as time progresses it will keep getting better. The skin there is very smooth and un wrinkled now which is really positive.

Any updates on the dark red marks?

I'm persevering with the hydroquinone- the marks are getting SLIGHTLY lighter, but not much. I've also noticed if it is hot, or I wash my face with hot water or if I am flushed from emotion or exertion, they are much redder.
I had deep laser treatment done under my eyes for wrinkles and after about two weeks, the color was slightly pink and then turned to an angry red. At first I saw the Dr.'s assistant who stated that the areas under my eyes looked very dry and dehydrated so I was given free samples of a very expensive cream to apply under my eyes. I was frequently applying the cream and the redness was not getting better, and I was developing excoriated ptachy red areas and tiny bumps. No c/o itchiness. I just saw the Dr. who performed the procedure again the other day to let him know that the redness was not getting better but worse. When he saw the redness under my eyes, he told me that I should have been completely healed by now with an ever so slight pinky color under my eyes. He told me that I have a fungal infection--yeast infection which is not common but rare, and I have started taking Canestan cream {OTC} 1%. I just started taking the Canestan cream yesterday--Nov.20th, and already the redness has decreased somewhat and no more bumps at present. The Dr. stated that I should see a noticeable improvement within the next 3-5 days. Usually people who have fungal infections complain of itchiness but this was not my case. The Dr. also gave me free samples of hydrocortisone cream to decrease the redness and itchiness. Go and see your Dr. to have him assess your present condition. It is possible that you may have an infection. If you don't get this cleared up then you will continue to have redness and eventually it will become worse. Meticulous hand washing and separate towels are a must to prevent the spread of infection. Plus, throw away any make-up and wash your brushes since they will be contaminated if they have touched any of the areas that are red. FIRST see your Dr. I hope this helps.