Best Ever - South Africa, ZA

I was researching where to have this done. In my...

I was researching where to have this done. In my home town of Portland, OR I was quoted $10,000. by an esteemed surgeon. I had been looking around, and I contacted one Atlantic Cosmetic Surgery in Cape Town, South Africa. My contact was a nice woman named Ingrid Lomas. As I was moving to Australia, and knew what the South African Rand was doing, I just booked my trip and went. I found the most charming and awesome bungalow to stay in, and the people there were THE coolest.

I had the surgery, it was in an atrium, you go early in the morning, get dressed in your gown, and you are led barefoot down a hall in an old house by a wonderful ghosi nurse. You are then examined by the anaestheseologist, and put to sleep. You wake up in a beautiful room in this private hospital. They ask, 'Do you want to spend the night?" In my case, I felt fine, so I went home. Yes, I had a massive headache. I was given a codeine type pain reliever which wasn't much. I felt pretty much crap. I was able to tie a shirt on my head (haha) and run across the street to the bp that was open all night. I had minimal bruising. Anyone that has a FACELIFT has to understand that your skin will feel numb and plasticy for some time afterward. You sort of feel Frankensteiny, but it doesn't look that way. Four days after I put on make up, I looked totally normal, did my thing, LOVE Cape Town,. Everyone has an asymmetrical face. Also, people are all different and heal differently. Of course you will have weird knots on your head and maybe even your cheek, like I do. Know one will ever know about this. I am totally happy with my experience.

So now it's almost three months post op

And a couple weeks ago, where that pimple like thing was, I felt like a hair - ( I am a middle aged woman!), so I got my tweezers and magnifying mirror and pulled it out like I usually do, and it was a bright blue plastic thread! like fishing line. About an inch and a half long! So, yes I have some narly scars but they don't show, my face feels numb and rubbery at the temples, underneath my chin is itchy and sore all the time, BUT no one knows about this but me, and to the world, I look like a cameo. I've had quite alot of plastic surgery over the years, and I know you always have lumps or bumps and other weirdnesses. Plus I never quit smoking or drinking like your'e supposed to lol.

I now add before and after

so here is the before, and the after. I hope it was clear in my review that I had lower facelift, lipo under chin, and chin implant. Plus 10 days accomodation and shopping Yeah!

the before and after

it's about 3 and a half months.

Now it's 6 months

It's weird you kind of forget what you looked like before. I was looking at old pictures and wow! Even my eyes somehow got a bit tightened up- I'm really glad I had surgery- everything's smoothed out now, even the knots around my ears lol.
Atlantic Cosmetic Surgery

RESEARCH like I do with anything

Beautiful result. Thank you for sharing!

You look great!

I'm glad to hear your experience at the hospital went well. I saw the question you posted where you mentioned your chin has "an angry, red knot in the incision". How is that area looking now? Was it an infection?

dunno it was a pimple like thing. It's going away. I have other scars on my face that did this, it's usually ok.

I'm glad to hear its going away. Hopefully it heals up full and gives you no more trouble, but keep us posted how you are. :)