Very Unhappy with my Smartlipo Experience - Folsom

I am 26 years old 5'1 and 126 pounds. I had my...

I am 26 years old 5'1 and 126 pounds. I had my full abdomen and love handles done. At the end of my procedure the only took out about 2 pounds of fat I had my smartlipo done on July 22, 2010. First i should mention how unprofessional this clinic was.

My appointment was scheduled at 9:30am, being excited i showed up a few minutes early. When i got there the clinic wasn't even opened yet. I had to wait about 10-15 after the scheduled time until anyone showed up. Finally they took me to my room where my doctor proceeded to tell me I didn't even need the smartlipo and that I was already a 10. Then it was time for him to draw on me in the areas i was about to get done. I dont know if this is what everyone experienced but he also checked my breasts and examined them. I should mention that my mother had the same procedure done a week after me and did not have to take off her bra or get the breast exame.

Maybe i'm just being silly because I don't know if this is normal so please give me feedback. I had my 1 month follow up the other day where yet again i was scheduled at 9:30am and no one was there. I waited again for about 15 minutes for someone to come open the clinic. After i finally got in the clinic it took about half an hour for someone to tell me the doctor would not be able to see me until later that day. I came back to the clinic around 12:30 and met with a different doctor (who is the head doctor of this clinic) than the one who performed the procedure since I was a little uncomfortable with him.

She took some after pictures and took my measurements. Never showed me my before pictures or measurements but said I lost 1 inch. Then told me I looked great even though she never saw my before pictures and I only lost an inch. I asked her if I could get my velashape done since it comes as part of the package I purchased and she said no I didnt need it and since I was young that I would be fine. I am so upset and unhappy with my results being that i very little difference from before I even wasted my money on this procedure. I'm thinking my original doctor did not take out as much fat as he could have since he thought i didn't need it in the first place.

The main reason why I wanted this done is because they told me they would be able to get my stomach flat. I wanted to feel comfortable in a bikini or when i work out in a sprots bra. I look pretty much the same and I feel that this clinic is not trying to help me anymore. $6000 is too much not to get the results they said they could give me....please give me feedback on what I can do as I am very unhappy

i had to take my bra off but my doctor wasnt in the room and i had that hospital gown to put on. he never touch my breast.
who was your doctor?
I'm sorry to hear this, but i so understand what your going thur, i orginally got SL done back in April 9, i started out at 33.5 inches around my belly and 3 months after i had only lost 3 inches so i did a touch-up on August 13, so now its 3 weeks after and I'm still swellen..I think it really doesnt look alot different to me and like you i felt that the doctor could have been more information meaning he could have provide before and after, gave me more information on how much he took out and etc. I went back for the touch up cuz like you i didnt want to spend all that money and not be happy so i paid a little more for the touch up, and now its like i'm going to want to do it again if I'm still not happy with the results i want a flat stomach i want to be comfortable in a bikini as well. so i say find another doctor and get a touch up, you have come to far to turn around now and still be unhappy.

i had my smart lipo done yesterday, and i was wearing a bra at all times. it was given to me in the clinic. i had one visit prior to the procedure being done and the doctor didn't touch my breast. that doctor sounds really shady.

Was your doctor a board certified plastic surgeon?

At first I was about to suggest you reached the maximum amount that could be removed in Smartlipo, but then I saw this Q&A:

How much fat can be removed during laser liposuction

The checking of your breasts seems unorthodox; what was the explanation for doing this?

well when i had told the main doctor about it and how I felt uncomfortable she simply told me that they do a full examination and they must have forgoten to do it on my mom. I wasnt sure if this was a standard part of the process but yes it was a little uncomfortable
oh and yes my doctor is board certified plastic surgeon. I feel he didn't do as much since he thought i looked fine