If You Are Thin DO NOT DO THIS SURGERY-please I Hope This Helps Someone

I am 5'5 115lbs, and nearing 40. I had inner...

I am 5'5 115lbs, and nearing 40. I had inner and outer thighs done then upper and lower abs. Both places have been redone already!! There is no "sculpting" involved, there is no skin tightening. The incisions are tiny, so no big deal but the lumps I have on my stomach and inner thighs are disgusting. It looks like there is a finger length and depth dent on one side of my belly button, and another not so large one on the opposite side.

My outer thighs have just as much cellulite as they did before but my inner thighs are GROSS! It looks like a meat grinder got ahold of them under my skin. The indentations are far worse than the cellulite that was there before. Yes my thighs are smaller, BUT they are lumpy, sagging near my crotch (like a much older woman) and NO TONE WHATSOEVER!!! I live in California, and wear a bikini religiously all summer but not anymore! I would NEVER EVER do this surgery again. Let alone 2 redo procedures on each area.

Had I been a size 12 and was now a size 6 maybe I would be happy, but to go from a size 3 with a little cellulite to being completely disfigured is horrid. The Dr was wonderful, I have no complaints and staff was also great. But the initial consultation girl I saw that told me I was a "PERFECT" candidate LIED!, Thin people should not do this surgery...Get a personal trainer and bust your a** instead and then I'd look like Demi Moore all over.I hate myself every day for doing this surgery.

CELLULITE IS NORMAL, DISFIGUREMENT IS NOT!!! I will provide photos of my tummy now, my inner thighs are recently redone so they are too ugly to photo yet but I will post them in a couple months. Please reconsider what you will look like if you are thin, permanent bruising on my stomach is obvious (and I dont even have stretch marks from my child)

Final results nearly two years later are posted. I...

Final results nearly two years later are posted. I had gained weight, lost some, and this is in good lighting so you can see what I see!

He is great, but the surgery was not favorable for me, HOWEVER they are handling it

I'm so sorry you weren't happy with your results, but grateful you posted for others to see.  I've considered lipo before but was told I would not get good results because I was too slim and it'd show.  So glad you are helping others with your review!
Yes, indeed. I believe liposuction is harmful to anyone long-term at least if the patient is not surgically harmed and ends up with dents, lumps, adhered skin, burns, etc. The list really does go on and is extensive. I am glad you are opting out from such harmful surgery. If more people researched the studies done they would never get liposuction.
fingers crossed this wasnt my doc....elite body sculpture????
No jamieswifey my dr was near cal expo.
No sweetie my dr was near cal expo, hope you get the results you are hoping for.
DId your leg inner thigh ever fix itself?? I'm experiencing about the same problem but my surgeon has told me that it will go away by itself. I'm barely 2 months post op and I feel as if it is getting worse somehow. Please let me know or update new pics of what it looks like now!!!! Thanks!!
No Fun at 30. It's not gone. Its not as obvious all these years later and I gained weight anticipating doing another surgery but never could face doing it.I then lost weight so the most obvious is the big huge dents and the baggy skin up near the top. Tanning helped disguise it this last summer but it was a long torturous road till I'd wear certain things. I'm 41 now so it doesn't bug me AS BAD but no it doesn't fix itself by any means. It's probably gonna look worse before it looks better though. Brace yourself.
there you go folks, this is what I live with, 2 years later, a lot of heartache, headache, my beat up psyche and my completely BOTCHED body that I paid money to do to myself!!! I finally got the gall to put up the photos. PLEASE MAKE YOUR CHOICE WISELY, DO YOUR RESEARCH. THE COST AND EXTENSIVENESS OF ANOTHER FIX IS VERY DIFFFICULT TO MAKE, I CHOSE TO LEAVE IT, I SORTA HOPE IM THE ONLY ONE WHO GAVE UP.JUST PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH!
Thanks for the recent pictures. I do see improvement. I do. I do. I can't STRESS ENOUGH THOUGH ABOUT YOUR COMMENT.PLEASE FOR PEOPLE SURFING THE WEB THINK SERIOUSLY ABOUT, THE SURGERY DECISION. THE OUTCOME. THE REDO'S. RESEARCH IT ALL. AND IF POSSIBLE. DON'T DO THE SURGERY. That is my opinion.
Hey BB, I went for my surgery in Nov. 2012 (regular lipo) and it helped alot. I have minimal bumps now and the dr will be putting in cortisone shots to reduce what is left. After 3 yrs, I have ended up with almost exactly the same tummy I started with. As with time and age, weight has returned to the area. My legs are good too with the last surgery. Im pretty much whole again. Please dont give up. When you are ready, go again for surgery. Even if it takes 2-3 (in my case 7) more times to fix. You may end up just where you were before you started but at least it wont be on your mind anymore. I know I wanted to hurry up and get it fixed as it weighs on the soul and affects every part of your life. I will never do SL again. My thoughts are with you and everyone else....
i'm 2 weeks out from lipo and i have so many uneven hard lumps,my stomach looks worse than yours. My surgeon tells me it will go away but i've read too much about botched lipo to believe that. I thought that thinner people with pockets of fat were "ideal" lipo candidates.... guess not huh?
I read your saga and I wish you hadn't had so many things so close to each surgery. You have expected so much of your body that I worry you can't tend to one certain area at a time, but far be it for me to judge. I wanted my shit done NOW also. If I hadn't listened to my Dr the first time about how my thighs were still healing blah blah blah, I never EVER would have had my tummy worked on. Chances are you will get your no cost redo to fix the missed areas, but that was my mistake. He redid my thighs, they turned out worse, he redid my stomach and instead of V shaped dents I got lumpy dumpy mess. You do need to wait awhile to see what happens, my stomach looked normal after the redo and using that fat to fill the dents but the smooth was simply swelling and within 3 weeks I was horrified. My case isn't unusual, as you can see. Keep in touch doll. Lets see what happens in a month.
Have you done the repair lipo with the Beverly Hills doctor yet?
No I got refunded my money, went for the consult in B H but didn't have enough faith that my results would be worth all the money, travel, down time, house sitter, etc. Plus being put under and having my entire inner thighs and entire stomach scraped smooth then pumped with fat from my flanks, it just, guess I couldn't stand the thought of toughing through it and possibly having my flanks turn out bad and still not being back to normal. I gave up. I've been trying to post recent photos but having problems with the web site...
Hey - Thank you for the update. I just wish that there was something else out there to make you, heck Us, WHOLE again. You are so correct when you describe all of the things that encompass this surgery. There are so damn many to count. I am glad that Yoga is helping you with the depression. For me, it is the appearance of my body, then the depression, and lastly isolation. Such a sad world anymore for me. Take Care. I still see so much beauty in the rest of you. I know it is like having a beautiful lawn except right in the middle of it ,the lawn has died. You think to yourself that no one can see or care about the beautiful part. No true. I can still see you. I can't help save myself though. Lol. Please if you proceed with surgery and it worked will you let us know? I have the same tummy problem, plus hideous legs and thighs and now weight gain to my upper body, back and lower back and butt and arms.
Hey B.B did u go for lymphatic massages.?? just asking, I just went for one today.. ouchhh
Yes they were uncomfortable and my body was non responsive. Dri did Velashape to no avail. I wish I had advice aside from additional surgeries but there really isn't. I tell you personally, yoga is my savior these days after all my depression and hiding. Wgpg
awww Dri,
i know it, its just my psyche that is so bruised...I dont feel like the bumps were being addressed the same as dents because the bumps are more complicated to pin down...I dont have neverending flow of money either. I really wouldt be comfortable with as heavy as i am, that my stomack will look right, and if i dont have the extra weight then they have nothing to work with. its like a catch 22 because my stomach isnt as noticable when im fat, lol
3/24/2013 Update: I ended up gaining more weight, finally just lost ten of it, so I am now 15 lbs heavier than before I started any of this. The dents and lumps have not went away on my stomach nor my inner thighs. Im not sure if the fat disguised it, or I just stopped looking in the mirror to be honest, but like my last 2 photos, not much of an improvement when I do look in natural sunlight. I been doing yoga and that has at least made my posture better and my sanity is intact. I miss my original body and still regret this choice. Im gonna actually hide out and tan this year to see if it disguises it more because I still have dark areas that I thought were bruising that would fade, but its still there on my tummy too. I hope everyone is looking better and feeling better, this surgery can do a lot more than ruin ones' body, THAT I PROMISE! Still a thumbs down, always will be in my case!!
Hey WTH! You arent giving up on us are you? I have been with you since the beginning of this stupid thing. I myself am going for my 5th or maybe 6th (can you believe this?? Ive lost count) surgery on november 2nd, 2012 to fix my stomach and thighs. With every surgery it gets a bit better. I have decided to go to another dr that I know. Even if I get 50% improvement it will be worth it. I completely understand the emotional upheaval you have gone through. Maybe you just need an emotional break for awhile as well as letting your body heal. You definately dont need to give up and go through life feeling embarrassed about your body. The weight will come off. We just have to work harder then we did before (not just for apprearances but for your health as well). Complex B vitamins will also help break down fat and carbs and give you more energy. Also, technology improves everyday along with the skills of doctors. There has to be someone who can fix this. We just havent found the right person yet. Chin up! We will fix this!! Big hugs.
Juliabars, yes, I was made to gain weight to acquire muffins on my sides so they can use that fat to graft to the dents in both my thighs and stomach. I DID get weight distribution, into my ass, my outer hip and absolutely in my abs where the supposed fat cells were supposed to be removed. This surgery wasnt made for someone like me. I just had a little cellulite and now I have been burned and left bumpy and dented. I even believe when the tumescent fluid id injected it causes stretching of skin which contributes to the sag lots of people compain about. I did a consult with Dr Svehlak in BH and IF i decided to do the surgery, he would be my choice, but my psyche cant take anymore. I have accepted what I look like now (and this 15-20 lbs i gained isnt melting off like I had hoped) so now I am chunky and lumpy, but ya know what? My sanity is more important. I advise you do a ton of research on messing with your arms, it is said it is the worst and most painful place with the least results (jagged scars, hanging skin and horrid pain) so look up the cons of getting work done on your arms please . As for me? I give up, im not 20 anymore, I still dont have strech marks, but now I live with the same shame as those who are embarrassed of their body, it just is what it is.
Hey Botched Beauty, out of curiosity, did you notice after your liposuction any fat redistribution to previously skinny areas like the rest of us? I had a body much like your before pic and then had ultrasonic lipo (ugh...) to my flanks (it was a free procedure) and ended up with a thick back, upper stomach, and arms, which were all previously skinny!
So sorry with what you've been through. I will agree with others though that you don't look at all bad in your after photos to the outsider. We have to remember that we are comparing ourselves to what we were or could have been, which can be especially hard for those who were especially more than content with what they already had. I'm considering getting a fat transfer from my arms back to my love handles but am quite concerned about it's survival and any lumps that could occur.
Well your tummy does look better then your thigh area in that no man would ever notice the imperfections in your tummy with such nice breasts. As long as you don't have jelly belly rolls, its all good for guys! You will always notice the imperfections more. Are you supposed to have any more revisions?
I have had traditional wet tumescent lipo 3 times. The first time was done by a bad doctor who just didn't have a clue how to remove fat evenly. I had to have two lipo revisions which included fat transfers to the uneven areas by another more skilled doctor. My first sugery left me looking like someone took an ice cream scoop and scooped out a chunk out of my leg/thigh and weird divets along the bottom part of my back and my tummy had this round thing my second doctor called "lipo donut". Like some of the people who commented here I later found out my first doctor had a totally bad rap for being a terrible suregon but this was back in 2002 and internet forums to discuss these matters were not available! I had to wait a year in between each lipo revision/fat transfer where they harvested fat from one area and placed it into the areas where it looked like chunks were missing from my body. I had plenty of fat for them to harvest trust me:) I weighed 153 lbs at 5 5 before my first procedure and by the time I was done with my 3rd lipo/fat transfer about 4 years later I was 120 lbs. I lost some weight on my own just from feeling better about myself each time a revision showed some improvement. While it is ALWAYS better to get it done right the first time I was grateful I found a doctor who could give me decent improvement. I fretted for a few years about my body. Clothes can hide it but when you are a young single woman in her 30's you are scared nobody will ever find your naked body attractive when it looks "unnatural" and kind of disfigured. I was reading this forum as I was looking for information on SmartLipo. There are some doctors who are for it and some who are not in other online forums. Here is the deal with any laser device any doctor buys for any procedure from lipo to laser hair removal. LASERS ARE EXPENSIVE PERIOD. A new machine can be $100K. A doctor is a business man and if a salesperson tells a doctor 'here buy my laser and you can offer your patients this great new treatment and no other doctor in your area has it' it sounds like a good investment but first the doctor must pay off the cost of the laser before they realize any profit. That would seem to push a patient towards a certain procedure over another procedure. Traditional lipo is under full anesthesia and takes a lot of time to preform. It seems the selling points of SmartLipo is that it is cheaper for the patient (no anesthesiologist) and it takes less of the doctors time so more profitable as the doctor can get more patients in and out on surgery day. Cosmetic procedures are basically tested long term on real live patients. I am so sorry for what happened to you BB and I can feel your pain. I got a skilled suregeon to transfer the fat and it did work for me and its 6 years later and the "scoops" did not return. I can tell its still a little "off" but others cannot so I got used to my new "normal". I am happy the fat thrived in the new loction and it didn't die and since it is your own material your body should not attack it as foreign substance. I was thinking of getting this SmartLipo on my butt to take out a little volume while removing some dimpling but I will NOT now. I have read better things about the ultrasonic lipo but I may end up going traditional lipo again. BB I would like to see your results from your fat transfer. You will see immediate results after the transfer but you will be swollen for quite sometime so full results may not be known for at least 6 months or longer. I realized my full results about 12 months after each of my fat transfers.
pastlipogal,
I put my pix back up, when you scroll over them you can see what was before and what was after, and after my fat transfer...I originally only had two finger length and depth demts in a V shape below my belly button but after the fat transfer, they did more lipo on my stomach and used that fat, I was left all dented AND bumpy, ya it looked good the first week cuz the swelling, but my stomach looks exactly like that now, and so do my thighs...