Loved the Results at First....now Swollen and Bigger Than PO..day 9

On Aug.30th I had my lower Abs, flanks, and banana...

On Aug.30th I had my lower Abs, flanks, and banana roll done. The procedure was great and rather easy. I was taken back a bit by the draining but that only lasted the firt day. I was taking tylenol and nothing stronger and it was fine for the pain. I was up walking around doing my normal thing as soon as day one. I have not been to the gym yet but have done some walking. I am still wearing the spanx 24/7 still.
Day 9: I am itching like crazy. 3 incisions are still open. I am the most swollen I have been today:( I am very disappointed. The first few days I was excited and could not believe the results but it just kept getting worse as the time passed on. I am suppose to start my period tomorrown and maybe this has something to do with it? I am still very bruised. The day after the procedure I got on the scale and lost 5lbs. Today I am up 5lbs. I don't know what to think..I am a little discourged to say the least:(

Ok...I just had another procedure done on Aug....

Ok...I just had another procedure done on Aug. 28th my inner thighs, outer thighs and knees...I am 7 days out and I feel like a Marshmellow man. I weigh more than I have ever weighed except for when I was prego...I am up alost 10lbs. I have no ankles and just feel depressed!!! I feel huge!!! I hardley drained at all, with the first procedure I had bannana roll, lower abs and flanks and drained soo much but this time barely anyting and have been very swollen from the moment I have been out of the clinic????? Help!!!! What have I done?

{edited} did my Smart Lipo. My abs/flanks look okay. A little lumpy around my belly button. Pre-treatment, I weighed 128lbs (I'm 5'2). I now weigh 118. I also had my legs and saddle bag area done. I am not happy with results of my legs/saddlebags. The legs are lumpy, uneven and scarred. I am so disappointed. Like others, there is no way I can wear shorts or a swimsuit. I am really ashamed. I would encourage those interested to think really hard about doing it and also be prepared that you may not be able to wear short-anything again(if you get your legs done). {edited} is starting me on Lipo-Ex tomorrow and going to laser off some scars. It is NOTHING like I thought it'd be-so many scars. Please be careful when deciding. It's been very hard on me emotionally. I wish I wouldn't have done it. Editor note: If you would like to review your experience with a particular provider or clinic, please write your treatment review and enter the provider or clinic name in the field provided.
I had a visit with Dr. Voss at NWface in Kirkland. The quote was $11,000 for 3 areas around the mid sections. It is way too out of my budget... I have another appointment to see Dr. Stevens at Hypatia Clinic in Woodinville next week. I am 5'4" and weighs 124 lbs. My problem is around my mid section after having 3 kids. Thanks for your help.
Hi, I am looking for a good lipo provider in the Seattle area. Do you mind sharing the name of your doc? Would you recommand him/her? Thanks for posting the post-op details. They are very helpful.
I'd recommend a board certified plastic surgeon. Dr Haeck, Dr Rand, etc. Who have you considered? Moderator note: See our Seattle Liposuction directory for more listings
My doctor told me she suctioned 8,000 cc's from my thighs. Lots of fluid and fat I know, but I did have big thighs. I'm now 6 1/2 months post-op and am not yet convinced that the 10K I spent was a good move. I still have uneven lumpy skin, scar tissue, discoloration and loose skin. My thighs are definately smaller and I look great in jeans, but I was really hoping to be able to wear shorts and a bathing suit this year. Based upon the way I look now that's not going to happen. Sure hope you heal well and get the results you want, there are a number of us on this site who are several months post-op and for us the jury is still out.
Yes! There is hope..I can relate for sure!! My thighs need to be touched up but other than that it is soooo awesome. Hang in there, I promise it gets better!!
Ya...I still recommend it. I am 6ft tall 145 and I had a lot of fat removed but everything is amazing except my thighs are un-even but they were to begin with and I am very active and also model for a living so perhaps I am a little more particular than others. I still have no regrets and completely recommend it
Everyone's body responds differently. I've seen a number of before and after photos of various SL treated areas that appear to have great and timely results. I think the amount of fat you have removed, in addition to your age and current fitness level may also factor in. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
so basically everyone is saying that if I get it done now, I wont be in a bikini in June.
Since Sept. I've had 8 LipoEx treatments done since having had SL on my thighs 7/1. It's made a difference in the thickness of the scar tissue and my thighs seem even slimmer than they did prior to the LipoEx. However, I still have a little loose skin and a few lumps, particularly on the front of my thighs. If you pull the skin upwards from the top of my thighs they look great, but like luzan - I'm not ready for shorts or a bathing suit yet. Doc said to give it 8 mos for final results, so I'm counting down.
i have not done lipo-ex yet. my doc did 4 velashape treatments on me to reduce lumpiness and said things look right on target. i have some discoloration, scars where the vaser went in, and just a little lumpiness. i had some numbness around my waist. i look great in clothes but wouldn't put on a bikini (I had my upper/lower abs and flanks done - oh, and my chin). i'm still waiting for full results but glad not to be in pain anymore.
Yes, she told me about the Lipo-Ex when I had my SL. She said that's what she would use if I needed touch-up's. Can't wait to hear how it goes for you!!!
Dr. Barbara Marino in Tomball (north of Houston) has a new machine and procedure called lipo-ex that she is going to use on my thighs 9/24. From what I understand, it used heat to melt the fat cells from the skin surface. It's not permanent like SL is, but I was told that if you eat right, exercise and such the fat cells that are reduced in size shouldn't expand unless you fall off the wagon! I had a rash during the first couple of weeks. Don't have a clue what it was, didn't itch, wasn't sore and one day just wasn't there when I took the compression garment off. Once the swelling goes away be prepared for itching, peeling, discoloration, hard leathery areas and possibly even fluid filled areas. I had one on my inner thigh the size of 1/2 a small orange!
what's the procedure that will smooth out the skin? i'm so happy to hear that you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. it's completely inspiring!! i'm currently feeling like i am going to burst out of my skin so it really helps knowing that this will pass. it feels so weird and wrong, how my skin feels. ew!
Yes....I can relate for sure!!! My skin is so lumpy and my stomache seriously is ripply. I think I have topped out on the swelling though. Still bigger then Pre-Op. I'm doing my best to stay positive!
I had a full thigh job done on 7/1 and upper arms 7/9. Drainage was minimal and had stopped by day 3. Swelling followed and my thighs felt so tight I thought sure the skin would burst open. Swelling had gone down by week 5 and was replaced by itching and peeling like I'd been sunburned. The plus at week 5 was I finally began to appreciate weight loss. I'm now in post op week 10 on my thighs and 9 on my upper arms. Went for my follow up appt. this a.m. and am down 22 lbs from pre op weight. Two weeks ago bought size 4-6 jeans - haven't been that small since I was a teenager! Still have some numb spots, needle like pains from nerve healing, scar tissue and discoloration. My doctor has scheduled me for a new procedure on the 24th that she says will soften the scar tissue and leave smooth results. None of my friends can believe how much better I look, so while I spent several weeks feeling really uncomfortable I believe it was well worth it! I think I have aided in my healing by massaging the treated areas as many times a day as I can, I drink apx. 1 gallon of water every day, walk 4 miles at 4.0/mph 4 times a week, do a couple of 1/hr aerobics classes each week and lift light free weights not only at the gym, but while I'm sitting in front of the t.v. Hang in there and be patient. I know I have a way to go yet before I'm fully healed, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
You have to wait 3 months for the swelling meaning lumps to heal. I know what you mean. I had it a month ago and I'm very impatient. For a procedure of your magnitude the amount of fluid build up from swelling accounts for the weight gain. They report it as a fast procedure butnothing works that way when the body has to heal. Good Luck
Thanks...Yes I have a hard time with seeing amazing results the first few days and then blowing up...it frustrates me and I one of my jobs is modeling so it is something I count on for my income. I am going be paitent and hope I get back to the look I was few days out! Thanks for your message!! I need all the support I can get right now!!!!
Everyone has a different response to the surgery, it seems. If you read what people have written maybe you'll feel better. I know that the day after I weighed 5 pounds MORE than pre-op and only today (day 10 post op) am I back to my regular weight. My measurements are also finally back to pre-op - and I'm hoping that from this point on I'll keep shrinking since they took out about 5-6 pounds from my abs and flanks. I have noticed that people that drain a lot seem to have faster results in the beginning and then swell up later on down the road (like you). As for me, I had almost no drainage so I started off swollen and have been deflating in teensy, weensy steps. I wish the results were faster! I keep remembering one moment of the conversation I had with my surgeon. Towards the end of the procedure I asked her how close to flat my stomach would be. Slightly bemused, she responded that my stomach would be totally flat. I never dreamed I could have a flat stomach - even when I have been a size zero I had a poochie belly - so this statement blew my mind. So now, despite the soreness, lumps, bumps, and general fatty way that I feel - I just hold on to that snippet of conversation as well as the fact that everyone says it takes months to see true results. Let's hope this ain't all for nothin'!
Oh thanks for words of encouragement! I went to my post opp appt. today and they said I was still very swollen and lumpy. That at the two week mark I should start to see the results and get smaller from there. It just sucks that I have to wear my "fat" clothes.... I am starting to massage today and going to get a professional one soon... Thanks again for you're feed back!
I am having a similar experience... I pretty much swelled up 24 hours later and just got bigger and bigger. Now I am three days out and NONE of my clothes even fit. I am afraid to get on the scale! Is there hope for me???