Smart Lipo: Alot of Pain but Hopefully Worth It!

After reading EVERY review on this site, and...

After reading EVERY review on this site, and doing alot of research I finally went ahead and decided to have the Smart Lipo procedure done. I met with my Plastic Surgeon several times before the procedure was perfomed and finally yesterday was my day of reckoning. I decided to have several areas done at once; outer thighs, banana roll, abdomen and flanks. I also decided to have general anestisia due to a horrible fear of needles and a severe anxiety issue. The cost of the anestisia and surgical center was about $1300 but totally worth it to me.

Everyone at the surgical center was so nice and I didn't feel my IV go in at all which was a huge fear for me. Once it was time for them to do the procedure they gave me some medication through the IV which made me loopy and then the next thing I knew I was in recovery. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to completely wake up and be ready to go. I slept most of the ride home (about an hour) and then slept quite a bit when I got home. After wakinh upi was when the soreness kicked in. I've got to be honest I really didn't think it would be this painful. I took my pain meds which dulled the pain a bit. Yesterday I felt nauseous, woozy and very uncomfortable. My night was horrible as I could not get comfortable at all. I slept about 2 hours total. I have a 2 year-old daughter and the thought of running after her was not even possible. My mother thankfully has been here with me for two days as my husband was only able to off from work the day of the procedure.

So today (3/25) I've gotten a bit better. Getting more used to the pain and and the wooziness has stopped (which I think was from lack of food yesterday and the anestisia) I'm still pretty swollen so I see no results as of yet. The incisions have stopped leaking which is good. I do wish I would've ordered two garments as this one has gotten soiled and I'm not allowed to take it off until tomorrow to shower.

SO words of advice. Choose a good doctor who is skilled in this procedure, have your pain meds on hand, if you have small children make sure you have someone to help you with them for a couple of days and order two garments if you can afford it (they're pretty expensive).

I believe, if you had tumescent anesthesia, which is safer than general, your post op pain would have been much less. And the procedure would have been cheaper.

It has been a little over 3 weeks since I had my...

It has been a little over 3 weeks since I had my procedure and I am feeling 100% again. It took me about a week and a half to really feel like I could move normally and not feel pain. I still have numbness from superficial nerves being damaged during the procedure which feels a little weird at times but not painful.

I am getting a bit nervous because I feel like I look exactly as I did before the procedure. I'm not sure if I'm still swollen and I know you aren't suppossed to see optimum results for 3 months or so, but most people post that they see some results. My abdomen looks slightly flatter but not at all what I was hoping for. I guess I'm jst going to have to be patient and see what happens within the next month or so. Any advice to those who haven't seen results yet?

I'm not sure if I expected to much but I wouldn't say that I"m overly happy with the results. I can't say enough wonderful things about Dr.G and his amazing staff (would go to him in minute for other cosmetic procedures. I just think I expected more out of this. I didn't drop any weight and maybe lost a total of 4 inches total from all areas.

I was just wondering...it's been a while since you posted...did you get the results you wanted?
I have had laser assisted lipo on many areas at different times. I had the tumescent anesthesia the doctor is referring to and didn't even have to take a tylenol afterwards. I saw the results right away and had very little bruising. Dr. Theodore Katz performed my procedures.
Dr.Paul Glatt