$10,000 Spent on "Myself"- Worth It

Let's see... I've been researching Smart Lipo for...

Let's see... I've been researching Smart Lipo for some time now.  Without RealSelf, and all of your reviews, I don't know if I would have had the courage to go through with this.  I've never had anything done cosmetically. Nevertheless, here I sit 5 days out on 3 areas and 1 day out on 2 areas.

Both procedures were conducted using what many of you have already described so I'll be brief. Areas were marked, tumescent was injected and laser was used along with suction.

Medications- Cephalexin (antibiotic) twice daily starting before day of surgery, Celebrex once daily for swelling, Meprozine every 4 hours as needed for pain, Lunesta for sleep (1 taken before procedure ond 1 on day 3 for sleep... there were only 3 total).

First Procedure- (Tuesday) upper and lower abs and inner thighs. During the procedure, the area surrounding my belly button was the most sensitive.  I really can't describe the pain other than to say it was short in length, deep, and dull.  It was not like a sharp stick, for me, that some have described. Dr. Kemp was so patient and tried very hard to get all that he could.  I know he worked on me for close to 5 hours. I appreciated the time he spent as he asked the nurse what she thought.

As for the pain...THE ABS...oh my..It was much worse than the feeling you get from a real hard workout.  It was hard to sit, stand, turn, etc.  My only job was to take and pick the kids up from school and that was asking a lot. There would have been NO WAY I could have gone to work on day 1 or 2 following the procedure.  Mid-day, on day 2, I started to realize that I was okay and things improved dramatically from there.  Day 3 was easy, nothing more than soreness. 3rd day out, I even sat at sporting events.

During first procedure (Tuesday).  The doctor removed 1500 cc from my abs and thighs.  Most of the fat (about 1100 cc) was taken from the abdomen.  He then took 200cc from each inner thigh.  The fat pictures are the total fat from the first procedure only.  I guess I didn't take fat pictures after the second procedure..medication at work. There is nothing quite like seeing the fat build up in the container.  It is gross, but there is also something exciting about knowing that is out of your body!

Second Procedure- (Saturday) arms and flanks.  Remember, I had abs and inner thighs done on Tuesday.  If you would have asked my on Wednesday if I was going to go through with the second procedure, I would have said NO.  Fortunately, time passed and things healed. On Saturday, the day of my second procedure, I was still sore, but everything was doable.  I was placed on my stomach to have my flanks done.  During the second procedure (arms and flanks) a total of 800cc of fat was removed (200 from each arm and 200 from each flank)  My arms are sore today, but nothing like the abs.  I still can't imagine having to actually go to work today, but I guess you could if you had to.

Suggestion- If you have more than a small area of fat around your abs (like me), do it on a Wed. or Th. and take the rest of the week off.  If you have only one truly small localized fat deposit being removed, you will probably be fine going back to work rather quickly.

TRANSLATION- IF IT TAKES THE DOCTOR 4 OR 5 HOURS (LIKE ME)... You probably need more time!!

I don't think the pictures do the procedure much justice at this point.  I can feel the hardness im my mid-section and the tube to promote drainage was just removed yesterday.  I know you want pictures, like I did, so I am going to post them anyways.  As time goes by, I feel more improvements will come.  My doctor also said there may be areas, like my lower abdomen, that have to be "touched up". I will post more results soon.

Make sure you have a doctor you can trust.  I knew I was in the right place and my doctor is not a plastic surgeon.  We discussed the contours of my body and he wanted to make sure he was removing what I wanted.  I don't think the procedure requires a plastic surgeon, just a qualified, good, caring doctor.

Pictures in the light blue are before.  Pictures in the black top are after.  I just saved them all as before/after.

Laeser Aesthetics/ Dr. Timothy Kemp

He listened, took his time, and cared about the service he was providing

I had my pre op today with my Dr. I'm also having lipo on my inner thighs done. My Dr said she was only going to take out 200 cc's from each leg which didn't seem like a lot at all. Since you have that exact amount taken out can you see a significant difference on your inner thighs? is it even noticeable?
Hi, whatever happen to Dr. Kemp? There's a new doctor at that facility (Dr. Brett A. Campfeild). I'm scheduled to get Smart lipo next month. How are your results now?

After reading your review I scheduled a consultation with Dr. K. Soon I will be setting an appointment date. I was wondering after a year, how pleased are you with your results?

Beyond the amount of money spent, much more important is your safety and being happy with your results. There are board certified plastic surgeons who do SmartLipo for the same price as "laser clinics" that often have doctors with zero experience in any type of surgery or liposuction. For a board certified plastic surgeon, adding SmartLipo is just one extra tool that they use to help you achieve your goals. This is one area where doing your research really pays off.
I see a BIG difference in the size of your tummy. You look several inches smaller, and fantastic. KenWood is being very mean and must be half-blind saying he can't see a difference. I think you look amazing.
Wow great results!!!!!! you look fab. can really see the difference
would you post the name of your doc for 3800? thanks
Provider information appears above the review for registered users. You must be signed in to view, which requires free registration for an account.
KenWood, Any way you could post the name of your doc for 3800?
KenWood, Frankly, you are only seeing one picture- which makes it rather difficult for you to make any assumption. As I mentioned, I did it for myself and the pictures were not posted for you to determine the success of my procedure. They were posted to help others make realistic decisions about the procedure.
I am 7 days post op for abs and 6 days postop for arms. I think the arms hurt worse - how about you? Also, they seem to retain more fluid? Any comments on that? I think you look great - good luck with your recovery.
Hi,Dont understand why you people are spending so much money for this procedure. I spent $3800.00 for stomach,love handles,inner thighs and breast.I live in South Florida and used a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon at a nearby well known facility.Wonderful.
What surgeon did you use? I am thinking of having the procedure done as well. I also reside in FLorida. Thanks.
please send me info on doctor you use . thanks
Hi You people...do realize that salaries, housing costs, gas, etc are different in different parts of the nation, right? Well, so is plastic surgery.
Would you mind emailing your pictures? I am having smart lipo in February. On my upper/ lower abs, flanks, inner/outer thighs and upper arms. I'm excited but nervous too. Thank you for sharing your experience.
there is no before pic.
I have uploaded pictures 5 times now. I have no idea why only one is showing. If you want to see all pictures, e-mail me.
Hi, If you email the rest of your photos to me - sharon [at] realself.com - I'll post them for you. Cheers, --Sharon
NOT A PLASTIC SURGEON AND 5 HOURS NEVER NEVER NEVER.OHHH MY GOD! I am having it done on Friday 23 of Jan and I have researched my Surgeon on the following FREE sites: ASPS, Miami Dade. Gov for any malpractice/all civil records etc..(these are public by the way) and Florida Dept for Medical Doctors License!!!!! To have an elective cosmetic procedure done and not do your homework is A TRAIN WRECK WAITING TO HAPPEN....their websites are advertising how fabulous they are with the before and after pics....please do your research. The most UNHAPPY results come from patients who did not bother to do any "googling" and become an informed, educated consumer. Sure hope this hit home to those who are contemplating any cosmetic or non-cosmetic procedure. MAKE SURE YOUR PHYSICIAN IS AN ACTIVE BOARD CERTIFIED PHYSICIAN IN ANY SPECILAITY YOU ARE SEEING HIM/HER FOR.
hi, would u please send me the contact information of the doc who performed your procedure! thanks