I'm very sad and frustrated - Smart Lipo - Montclair, NJ

Hi :I'm very sad and frustrated,for years i wanted...

Hi :

I'm very sad and frustrated,for years i wanted to have my stomach flat, but i did not want to have large scars like the ones tummy tucks usually leave.So I decided to try the smart lipo. Supposedly the doctor i chose was suppose to be the best of the smartlipo in New Jersey.

Although I have no scars, the doctor left me a large hard dented bump on my upper abdomin. We waited for two months because the area was still swollen. After he saw this disformation, he recommended that i would go to triActive treatments. It made it smaller but it did not remove it completely. I consulted the doctor again and he did a pickle fork procedure which was suppose to break the scar tissue and reheal evenly. Once again he left me bruised up and the large bump did reduce in size but it is still there and I have three new dents.

While I was considering smartlipo, I asked the doctor if I would have lumps or bumps and he reassured me that I would not.I am very disappointed and would like some advice on what to do. I did not have a lot of fat removed only 400 cc.

Is there anything i can do? If you can help me, I am willing to do whatever for me to do. I also feel that people should know about the effects of smartlipo and that it is not a lunchtime procedure as it is advertised. Hopefully you can help me. Are there any other doctors you could recommend me that is in the New York/ New Jersey area?

Hello Diber, did you get the PM I sent to you about 10 days ago?
I hope you feel better.My lumps and dents look worse than before and also the color of my skin in that area has changed. Thank you
Hi Diber, Sorry, I have been terribly ill the past week and was not able to get in touch with Andy. I expect to recover soon and will give Andy a call then. Have the bumps changed at all since your last post? Ajay Ahuja, M.D.
Hi Doctor Ahuja, Please try to contact Andy because I am going through a very bad moment and after this experience, i dont want Smart lipo to get a bad reputation but i dont think it is fair for me. If there is any solution, I would love to find it. I got the Smart Lipo done in February of 2009, it has been 3 months. The only thing that i have seen inprovement on is that i dont have saggy but i still have fat stomach , and the big bumps, and i only weigh 110 lbs. Please help me Thank you very much

I am sorry to hear about your situation, but you did not mention when was it done. You call Smart Lipo boss of your area, I believe, his name is Andy. He may be able to help you and guide you in right direction. Although it seems like you know, I should also mention that 400 cc is not really that much. If you ask Andy, he will direct you to the right Doctor. I know him and he should be helpful, not only because he is good , his company's reputation is on the line. I don't know his tel # off hand but I will find it, through cynosure. If you cant get it anywhere, let me know. I will try to find a way to help you.

All the best,
Ajay Ahuja, M.D.

Sorry to hear about your mishap. I massage every night afterwards I use a heating pad. I also eat fresh pineapple every day. to me it's a very slow process it's been 3 months for me but I must say that it's a huge difference from the way that I looked at the start of the year.
I would go and see a general practitioner to make sure that the bump is not damage to your muscle tissue or a hernia. Lymphatic massage works wonders for the reduction of swelling. My personal physician gives me B-12 injections to help get rid of scar tissue - it works quite well. But in any case you should have the bump looked at by another doctor as soon as you can!
I just had smart lipo of my abdomen and back of hips last Friday. I suspect you and I used the same doctor. I also had some complications, and I'd be interested in talking with you further.
Hi, how r you? How r you feeling? i hope that everything is ok, and let me know if i can help you with anything. I hear you and i know for what you r going through. I am going through these bad moments too and i had it done 3 months ago.
I am thinking of having smart lipo done by a doctor in Montclair. Hate what you are going through. So sorry. What is the name of your plastic surgeon?
Hi,the "doctor" who did my smartlipo was DiBernardo.According to him and his staff,he is the best of the best and nothing could go wrong. He never admitted his error. When I trusted him the second time, for him to fix that large wrinkle on the skin of my stomach, he did not apologize or tried to find a solution. The wrinkle on my skin was sagging and looked worse than before. All in all, the only amount of fat that was removed was 500 cc. However, i did gain an unsighly wrinkle on my stomach that I am even more self-conscious about.