Tattoo on Wrist. 9 Laser Appointments with No Avail then Excision -Newcastle

I had a tattoo on my wrist for two years and grew...

I had a tattoo on my wrist for two years and grew out of it. I decided to try laser removal and after 9 goes it wasnt really coming out so I decided on excision. Excision was a easy process of around 20 mins. it was bandaged up for 7 days and its 10 days post op and looking rather nice! Im so happy the scaring will fade down and I now no longer have my tat :)

update

2 months after. Scars still risen and red but 100 less noticeable than my tat x
skin newcastle

Hi! I am going to have a consultation next week for an excision of my wrist tattoo...did you have it all cut out at one time or did you have to have two procedures. Mine is a bit smaller than yours so I am hoping it can be removed all at once.
Do you have a recent picture of how it has faded? Thank you, Rose
hi there rosiebum, i am thrilled by ur tattoo excision as the scar looks GREAT! looks like there is barely a scar there its healing really nicely. i too am looking into tattoo excision for a tattoo on my stomach that is mainly black but also has some colors in it. im dark skin african american and ive been told that laser doesnt work well on darker skin and especially for the colors i have in my tattoo which are mainly black red green and highlights of yellow and orange. what doctor did ur tattoo excision cuz im thinking of taking that route instead of laser. do you think i should try out laser first then go to tattoo excision if it doesnt work? im not too concerned with having a scar as i know in time it will fade and scars arent bad to me. id rather have a scar than a tattoo at this point.
that looks so good!!! i have been considering excision as i just really don't believe in laser. Seeing this has made me a lot less worried!! can you tell me how much it cost you? I'm from Ireland so i'm pricing places here and in England at the minute! Congrats!
Also, if you could please share the roundabout cost for the excision and what kind of facility you went for it (plastic surgeon?). I am seriously considering this, thanks!
Wow, that healed really WELL! I would take that scar any day over my faded wrist tatt! Maybe a dumb question, but is your mobility in your wrist the same? As in, the only side effect to the procedure is the slight scar? THANKS AGAIN!!!
Hey Rosiebum, Can you post an updated pic of the healing process? I am curious to see the results b/c I too have a wrist tatt that is on session 7 of laser removal...needless to say it is still visible and I am seriously considering this procedure. Any neg side effects to excision on the wrist? Thanks! I hope you get this; seems like your journey on this website is finally over. CONGRATS!
How is it healing? I am currently researching this procedure for a tattoo on my ankle.

Thank you so much for posting your pictures! We don't have very many reviews that show excision results, so this is very much appreciated!

How is the area feeling? Is it painful or itchy?

Not itchy or painful at all. He said the skin could be tight as there isnt much give but this only lasted a week. I took a week off work to let it heal and its gr8! More pics in 2 wks x

I hope the healing continues to go well, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the next set of pictures. :)

wow, that was a quick fix - well done! Glad it worked out!   Great review - thanks!
its been less than 2 weeks now and the scar is healing so well. the pink/reddness is reducing and im very happy with the results x
excellent! Do you have other tattoos?
No none. I love tats on other ppl but grew to hate mine and just wanted rid for ages!